Official Western Conference Finals Game 3: 5/23 Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets 5:30PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Nuggets 121 Lakers 99 Final
eek.gif

a lakers fan

tired.gif

--Negativity worked out for me in the Rockets series. Good defense mechanism too.
--I'm kinda superstitious for games too and stick to a routine. Whenever I just say..."GO LAKERS" something bad happens.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

This is why I hate you guys. You have the shortest $#!#%%@ short-term memory.... Every little thing sets off niketalk public opinion in one direction or another.

Lakers have played well and executed better than the Nuggets in the final minutes of games. Melo and most of the other Nuggets (pretty much everyone outside Billups) are new to this situation and have made way too many mistakes. The question now is how will they recover from their second close loss. I have faith in Melo. The series is far from over. Regardless, I'm happy the Lakers have been showing up. I'll be keeping myself out of these threads as much as possible, though, to limit the amount of hate I build-up. I don't want to have to hate you, th0mas.
tongue.gif
impossible, you can never hate me. we're like this *crosses fingers*
laugh.gif

you won't catch me talking wreckless Wally. we both know what lies ahead for both teams is definitely gonna be hard earned. the closeness of the last 3 games is crazy, the games could have gone either way. it should be a good long series

btw
Spoiler [+]
You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

Spoiler [+]
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

Don't worry, t0mm-E. Things may get ugly between us over the course of this series, but it's all love and respect. I know not to associate you with theother Lakers fans on here, especially that ned flanders23red02 character.

Spoiler [+]
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

But let's be very clear about one thing, something I hope we can all agree on:

Spoiler [+]
Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!

d9bd35f3ec02561e896f760241bc4dd8-getty-87745978ab062_lakers_nugts.jpg

Lets Breakdown why Carmelo looked so BUMMED...

3rd Quarter

[table][tr][td]11:33[/td] [td]Anthony Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Bryant (2 ST)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]08:13[/td] [td]Anthony Driving Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bynum (3 BLK)
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]05:33[/td] [td]Anthony 3pt Shot: Missed
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]05:21[/td] [td]Anthony Foul : Shooting (3 PF)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]05:01[/td] [td]Anthony Foul : Offensive (4 PF)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]05:01[/td] [td]Anthony Turnover : Foul (3 TO)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]04:46[/td] [td]Anthony Substitution replaced by Smith[/td] [/tr][/table]

4TH Quarter

[table][tr][td]09:26[/td] [td]Kleiza Substitution replaced by Anthony[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]08:23[/td] [td]Anthony Jump Shot: Missed Block: Ariza (1 BLK)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]07:06
[DEN 81-81][/td] [td]Anthony Free Throw 1 of 2 (19 PTS)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]07:06[/td] [td]Anthony Free Throw 2 of 2 Missed[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]06:07[/td] [td]Anthony Rebound (Off:0 Def:4)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]04:14[/td] [td]Anthony Jump Shot: Missed[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]03:06[/td] [td]Anthony Foul : Shooting (5 PF)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]02:19
[DEN 92-92][/td] [td]Anthony Free Throw 1 of 2 (20 PTS)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]02:19
[DEN 93-92][/td] [td]Anthony Free Throw 2 of 2 (21 PTS)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]01:45[/td] [td]Anthony Rebound (Off:0 Def:5)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]00:36.5[/td] [td]Anthony Foul : Loose Ball (6 PF)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]00:36.5[/td] [td]Anthony Turnover : Foul (4 TO)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Is summation, Carmelo Anthony only contributed with 3 Points in the second half.
eek.gif

That is not all...

He committed 3 turnovers
grin.gif

Shot 0/1 from the 3
grin.gif

Shot 0/3 from the field 2 of which were blocked (Bynum and Ariza)
indifferent.gif
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Shot 3/4 from the line
wink.gif

Committed 4 personal Fouls
eyes.gif

He got 2 rebounds and 2 assists.
eyes.gif

sick.gif

5d738f69f5a7c8e14474898ae9bf3c0e-getty-87745978mw057_los_angeles_l.jpg

For the sake of the Nuggets this dude needs to step up and play consistent basketball.

I've been saying it for weeks, he has and will break down at the worst moments possible.

He is WEAK mentally.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by JayJay414

Lakers were just more sharp than the Nuggets...not as many mistakes and more plays down the strech...

Like stated above...Kobes 3...Ariza's steal and for about 3-4 possessions Pau was unstoppable...

But all in all a really great game by Kobe and solid play outta Trevor and Pau...TERRRRRIBLE shot selection by Billups and JR half of the game and stilllll...Denver barely lost!

This is just a dog fight...DNV needs to make the next bite...
It's not like they're playing on the road tho.. this should've been a blowout the way they were playing the last couple of weeks at home..
QFFT

Originally Posted by 731balla

For the sake of the Nuggets this dude needs to step up and play consistent basketball.

I've been saying it for weeks, he has and will break down at the worst moments possible.

He is WEAK mentally.
is this a serious statement...

Melo seemed like he was off the entire second half... that doesnt make him weak mentally, it means he had a dry spell... all great scorers are going to gothrough one eventually...

not to mention JR smith hasnt show up at all this series, he did a bit last game, but by & large he has done nothing offensively...

stop trying to place all the blame on carmelo

--JR Smith's yappin to Vujusuck at the end of the 3rd was what killed the Nugget's momentum goin the the 4th.
--Instead of haveing a chance to blow the game open, they started the 4th with a Kobe free throw.
--It's only one point, but from then on it was pretty much a mental collapse by Denver.

--Off topic, what KB and LBJ are doing in their respective conference finals so far has been nothing short of amazing. Simply amazing. Good stuff.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

He is WEAK mentally.

Melo seemed like he was off the entire second half... that doesnt make him weak mentally, it means he had a dry spell... all great scorers are going to go through one eventually...

not to mention JR smith hasnt show up at all this series, he did a bit last game, but by & large he has done nothing offensively...

If the Nuggs win a hard fought game with melo making a clutch play...

MELO, MELO, MELO...

But when he fails to show up for an ENTIRE HALF of an NBA Conference Final game...

I Like Melo, but throughout his NBA playoffs career he has a habit of playing worse then the does regular season.

The Numbers don't lie.

He is weak mentally IMO, because he has proven to be so.

This being backed up by decisions made both ON and OFF the court.

Is he evolving and improving as a player?

YES!

Does history tend to repeat himself?

Yes.

Numbers don't lie. He is not clutch in the Playoffs.

So yes it was a serious statement.

kenyon martin may be this vastly underrated defender, but god, he's got to be one of the dumbest players in the league. somebody teach this man how to boxout and throw a simple bounce pass.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

kenyon martin may be this vastly underrated defender, but god, he's got to be one of the dumbest players in the league. somebody teach this man how to box out and throw a simple bounce pass.
or not commit dumb fouls in a close game when your opponent is in the penalty... his over the back on Odom might have been dumber than hisinbound
indifferent.gif

Hard fought battle. Gasol came through in the clutch.
laugh.gif
at Kobe making the best play and the dumbest play of the game.

Thanks God we won.
happy.gif

MELO, MELO, MELO...

But when he fails to show up for an ENTIRE HALF of an NBA Conference Final game...

I Like Melo, but throughout his NBA playoffs career he has a habit of playing worse then the does regular season.

The Numbers don't lie.

YES!

Yes.

so its completely carmelo anthony's fault they lost... forget about chauncey with poor shot selection, JR Smith not really doing much scoring,Kleiza not getting enough minutes, K-Mart with stupid fouls/bad inbounds...

forget about all that... Carmelo Anthony is the reason they lost... yea ok
grin.gif

even when sasha is having a rough shooting night, he finds other ways to contribute. Like getting his opponents to commit technical fouls.
laugh.gif

I wanted to kill Farmar in the fourth last night for his God-awful performance. Much rather have Brown start the quarter out then have Fish close it out.
fFi

MELO, MELO, MELO...

The Numbers don't lie.

YES!

Yes.

so its completely carmelo anthony's fault they lost... forget about chauncey with poor shot selection, JR Smith not really doing much scoring, Kleiza not getting enough minutes, K-Mart with stupid fouls/bad inbounds...

grin.gif
If Kobe has a 3pt. Half and doesnt come up HUGE with Rebounds and assists...

The LAKERS LOOSE.

If Melo has a 3pt. Half and doesnt come up HUGE with Rebounds and assists...

The Nuggets loose.

That simple.
grin.gif

If "We" as NBA fans are going to put players like Melo on a pedestal.

As Team Leaders.

As Franchise Player.

As "Best scorer in the NBA" as some claim.

Etc. Etc.

Then they must held responsible for both W/L.

Melo's 3pt. HALF is INEXCUSABLE.

CASE CLOSED.

731balla wrote:

He is WEAK mentally.

Melo seemed like he was off the entire second half... that doesnt make him weak mentally, it means he had a dry spell... all great scorers are going to go
through one eventually...

MELO, MELO, MELO...

ericberry14 wrote:

The Numbers don't lie.

YES!

Yes.

What are you talking about?! this is melo's first real run in the playoffs and he's done a great job....his scoring is up and he's elevated hisgame all around look if melo doesn't play the way he's been playing these games wouldn't even be as close as they've been....you're clearlygoing off of stuff he's done in the past and last night must've been your first time seeing him this post season because he's been beasting.....ifanything i felt like last night he got his $%% whooped trying to go 2 the paint and not get anything called in his favor in the 2nd half but got called forstraight touch fouls
smh.gif
i swear it seem like everybody waitin for my dude 2 fail
smh.gif

oh and another thing its funny how bron makes his first game winner this year and then makes his 2nd the other day and he's so easily put into the categoryof greats ALREADY but melo leads the league in game winners since he got into the league and he still has to prove himself
smh.gif

MELO, MELO, MELO...

The Numbers don't lie.

YES!

Yes.

so its completely carmelo anthony's fault they lost... forget about chauncey with poor shot selection, JR Smith not really doing much scoring, Kleiza not getting enough minutes, K-Mart with stupid fouls/bad inbounds...

grin.gif
If Kobe has a 3pt. Half and doesnt come up HUGE with Rebounds and assists...

The LAKERS LOOSE.

If Melo has a 3pt. Half and doesnt come up HUGE with Rebounds and assists...

The Nuggets loose.

If "We" as NBA fans are going to put players like Melo on a pedestal.

As Team Leaders.

As Franchise Player.

As "Best scorer in the NBA" as some claim.

Then they must held responsible for both W/L.

Melo's 3pt. HALF is INEXCUSABLE.
1st of all... its spelled Lose... with only 1 o... please correct that in the future

2nd of all yes Melo played poorly in the 2nd half, but how does that mean he's mentally weak... it means that he was off + Ariza played good defense on him+ the lakers were challenging him every time he went into the paint + he had to expend energy on defense guarding kobe/ariza

Melo is not solely responsible for this loss like you're claiming...

Lakeshow
pimp.gif

I was out partying last night, but got to catch the 4th qtr. Like I said, We WERE going to win that game.

Kobe...nothing he does surprises me anymore, I would have been shocked if that 3 didn't go in.
Trevor...if it comes down to him and Odom this offseason, it should be Trev no question, dude has been the most consistent player besides Kobe this entirepostseason
Pau...finally he looked like what he should be doing, just work over the Birdman, he can't guard him for real
Odom made his usual dumb plays, but defended well at the end of the game.

As for Fisher, maaaaaaaaan I really am starting to develop Sasha type dislike for dude, he does NOTHING good on the floor anymore. I appreciate everything hedid in the past with helping LA, but dude needs to give it up, he's a black hole out there.

Next game for Denver is really a win or go home situation so I think Melo in particularly is going to come out strong next game, so we just have to weather theearly emotion like last night and keep it close going into the 4th and let Kobe carry us home. I'll save my prediction for tomorrow, but I'm confidentthat LA will have an excellent chance to go up 3-1 on Monday.

Laker fans....LET'S GET IT!!! Haters
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i agree.... melo has handled himself like a true superstar and man with class. after all the dirt that was thrown his way, aome of his own fault, he has grown alot... we shouldnt dwell too much on bashing each others team. this is a great series we are watching with close heart pounding games...
You and I rarely agree on much. But I have to agree with you here.

It's frustrating that a person can't even discuss or breakdown the actual GAME. Laker fans always claim that "the haters" make a thread jumpto 80+ pages after the Lakers lose. But I swear... like the last 10 pages have been filled with Laker fans and comments like these:

hahahhaha Nuggets go suck some @#%##@%
@ you & all the other haters

$#%% you #!+@! !$! haters

%%%% YOU HATERS!!

!$$# the haterz!!!

And that's only up to page 70.
laugh.gif

(I didn't include any names cuz I'm not here calling anyone out...)

Was the Gm 2 thread really like this after LA lost?? Cuz once the game was done (game 2), I didn't bother going back to the thread. I mean seriously...were "the haters" really out like that after LA lost?

Either way, the bottom line is that S&T is degenerating into a mess of a forum these days. I'm sick of going into a Laker game thread and hearing aboutLeBron. And the same for a Cavs game. Kobe isn't playing the Magic so why do I have to read about him in there? I think Bruce Willis (dyyhard) said itsomewhere in one of these threads that ppl just say *$%% to stir the pot. That's fine. But can the people who actually want to offer insight, strategy, andbreakdowns please post more?? Cuz it's getting harder and harder to sift through the fanboys, stans, and haters to find some good conversation.
ohwell.gif

/rant

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Open the floodgates. This thread is gonna be hilarious.
Prophet.

edit:
Mamba's response right above is perfectly fine with me. A little bit of insight mixed with a dash of "take that haters!".
laugh.gif

Shuges, S&T has always been like this, maybe even worse. Were you around in '03-'06 or so? Everything was about Kobe, Kobe vs. Jordan, Kobe vs.Iverson, etc. Whenever anyone made a game-winning shot, there was a mandatory "this player > jordan" thread.

He is WEAK mentally.

Melo seemed like he was off the entire second half... that doesnt make him weak mentally, it means he had a dry spell... all great scorers are going to go through one eventually...

cosign, from a Laker fan perspective sure Melo when ghost yesterday in the 2nd half, but his strong performances in games 1 and 2 are one of the main reasonsDenver split in LA and had a strong chance to take both games in LA. In that game 2 Melo was ballin out of his mind after they got down 14 and was one of themain reasons they got back in that game.

Back
Top Bottom