Official Western Conference Finals Gm1: 05/19 Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers 6PM PST ESPN

Like the every other day game pace.
pimp.gif

K-Mart can't really guard Kobe too much in this series for the simple fact of who would then guard Gasol?
Last year Gasol was the only legit 7 footer we had, and they used Camby on him. But now, if Bynum is out there with Gasol, Nene guards Bynum, and you try toget away with K-Mart on Kobe, who's guardin Gasol? Melo?
laugh.gif

And Denver doesn't want to put Nene, Birdman, and KMart out there all at once, too many fouls, and zero spacing on offense that way. So, K-Mart may see aminute or two here and there with Bryant, but not like last year.

Much more scoring with Denver then Houston. Denver has weapons that can hurt us, but different from the way that Houston attacks. Billups is clutch and biggame, we know that, but he won't work over Fish the way quicker faster Brooks and Lowry did. Also, we have several player who can trade off guardingBillups. Kobe, Ariza, Sasha (though he'll immediately get put on the block by CB.) So he'll see a ton of looks.

Ariza got his work cut out for him. He needs to channel his inner Battier to hang out with Melo all series. And I also suspect Phil to put Sasha on him for abit, just to piss Melo off. It'll prolly work too. Sasha's a pain in the a^^.

We don't have anyone who is going to match up with JR that well. I think this dude is going to have a big series against us. We just have to hope that wecan force him as deep as possible and maybe his long range shot is off a lil bit.

You just have to be beleive that Kobe is going to have a much better series after what he just faced. Denver is better then they were last year on D, but NOWAY they play anything like what Houston threw at him. But that doesn't give Kobe the right to come out and shoot whenever he feels like it, he stillneeds to get the bigs going, make them happy so they play D and rebound, and then Kobe can start to jack shots at his leasure.

HC, gotta win these first two and put Denver on pins and needles early. Don't let them get a feel that they can win this series like how we let Houstonwith game 1. We win these first two, I can see us winning in 5. If not, we could be headed to another 7 gamer.

Let's get this.
pimp.gif

Denver in 6.

we get one of those in LA.
get both in Denver.

lose the next in LA.
then close it out in Denver.

lets get it.

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

Nuggets in 6. Not having home court advantage FTMFL, though.
no doubt. we play great at home, but at this point, this is a Nuggets team nobody has seen (aside from the last two rounds). I think we stand achance, although LA is a tough matchup no matter what. even if they were falling apart last series. guarding Kobe is obviously not easy, but Dahntay canbother him early and hopefully throw off his rhythm. they'll put k on him later but everybody knows there's no stopping Kobe when he gets going. thebiggest thing is to try our best to make Kobe shoot tough shots and keep him out of the lane and shut down the other guys as much as possible. don't letanybody get going from the perimeter and keep their feet in front of guys. force turnovers, get some offensive fouls called, and push. if the Nuggets cansteal a game in LA early, then we can win the series. it will not be easy though. whoever wins this series will have to earn it. edit: also, they gotta geta body on Gasol and keep him from getting easy offensive rebounds and put backs. Nene is going to have to box out better and step up his man to man defense.

and please, don't come on here talking about the Nuggets had 2 easy series'. the Lakers just had to go 7 games with a team full of scrubs. theRockets were starting multiple players who had never played in the playoffs before, they had NO size on the Lakers, and the Lakers STILL had to fight for theirlives in that series. take that crap to haterville and leave this thread to rational conversation. thanks.

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

Nuggets in 6. Not having home court advantage FTMFL, though.

i'll say lakers in 6 or 7. denver will be the toughest team that the lake show has faced this postseason. we shall see.

As much as I want the Lakers to win, I just want them to play with some sort of competitive passion, win or lose.

I wonder if K-Mart's mom will be at Staples, or Melo's girl
nerd.gif

Better sit them right behind the Nuggets bench just to be safe.
tongue.gif

The Lakers match up much better with Denver than they did with the Rockets.

Also, I don't see what all the fuss is about Denver's so called improved defense. They gave up 106 ppg to the Mavericks and the Lakers are a muchbetter offensive team than them.

It'll be a competitive series given that the Nuggets can also put up huge offensive numbers, but I still think the Lakers get them in 5 or 6.

When Kobe comes back to Colorado, whew it's gonna get straight up "ignit"(ignorant). The rapist chants will begin. No doubt
laugh.gif

Lakers in 5

win the first 2
lose game 3
win the next 2

.........but that's IF the Lakers show up

The fix is already in, no way David Stern would let the Nuggets rep the West in the Finals.

Lakers are gonna ABUSE Denver down low.

Match-ups are in favor of LA this series.

Denver will put up a solid fight tho.

Back
Top Bottom