Official: Western Conference Finals Lakers vs. Suns thread (LAL 1-0)

rockforlight

Banned
7 more wins
pimp.gif

Lakers in 5, maybe 6. They need to pound the ball inside. Kobe is taking too many shots outside. Hopefully Bynum shows up.

First and foremost, LET'S GO SUNS!

A few notes on the series:

- This should be a fun WCF series. Last time these two teams met in the WCF was in 1988-89.
- J.A. Adande has announced on his Twitter that the first four games will be Monday/Wednesday/Sunday/Tuesday (my thoughts about this below)
- Lakers took both games at home in the regular season (both blowouts) and split 2 games in Phoenix.
- All signs are pointing to Robin Lopez remaining on the pine for the series. Nothing is for certain, but Alvin Gentry has repeatedly said they will not rush him back.

So the conference finals are set, and we have to wait 2 full weeks to even get a game 4 underway? I think that is ridiculous personally, but each team has played the same number of games in both rounds so all is fair as far as that goes.

That Sunday game 3 BETTER be an afternoon affair because I do not want to have to pick between the Lost finale and what will assuredly be a pivotal game 3. From the looks of it, the first two games of the series will be at 9:00 ET both on TNT.

There is absolutely no point in making a prediction, because I prefer not to curse my team or embarrass myself. But from everything I've seen this season, I would be shocked if this series ends before game 6 in Phoenix although the Lakers are a matchup nightmare for the Suns.

Why does NT care when/who makes the threads.. at the end of the day, a thread will be made sooner or later.

Anyways... This series will go 6-7 games.. and I'm rooting for the Suns.

Amare/J-Rich
pimp.gif

excited for this series. I hope we can get revenge for the 2 1st round exits. Looks like I have to go back to disliking the Suns lol

Originally Posted by JCH3

- This should be a fun WCF series. Last time these two teams met in the WCF was in 1988-89.

That Sunday game 3 BETTER be an afternoon affair because I do not want to have to pick between the Lost finale and what will assuredly be a pivotal game 3. From the looks of it, the first two games of the series will be at 9:00 ET both on TNT.
i hope it's a repeat of 88-89  with a different end result in the finals
laugh.gif

i hate to bust your bubble with most likely that sunday game is going to start at 5:30.  tnt has all the western conference finals games which sucks schedule wise.    if they were on abc for some of the games the series would start on sunday.

imo the rest hurts the suns because their hot right now and on a roll right now, if i were them i'd want to play asap.   if the Lakers win the first 2 at home it's gonna be a short series, if Phoenix can split in LA this could possibly go 6 or 7

--DOnt matter if its 4..5..6.. or 7 games. Lakers should be able to take this.
--Lets GO LAKERS!!

Back
Top Bottom