Official: Western Conference Finals Lakers vs. Suns thread (LAL 1-0)

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I mentioned this earlier in the post but did you all see how sour Charles Barkley looked on the post game show last night? He was moping like a child and kept the mention of Kobe's name to a minimum. Dude would've been gloating if Kobe had an off game.

laugh.gif
He was really quiet last night or either rambling about a lot of stuff that didn't make any sense.

I was
roll.gif
when Inside the NBA came on and the 1st thing Kenny says "He's slowed down though" Chuck was looking like 
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
. He's been so blatantly wrong this postseason it's not even funny. I wouldn't be surprised if KB averaged 35-40 points for the duration of this series, having old man Hill damn near breaking his ankles isn't going to stop him.

I'll bet that before this series is over there will be at least one game where Hill frustrates Kobe defensively and he has a bad shooting night. Do you really think he's gonna be hitting it from the outside the whole series like he did in game 1?
Sure he might have a bad shooting game, but he Suns pace will give him a lot more opportunities to score than he usually has. They ONLY way they can stop him from getting 30+ points a game is to outright double team him and get the ball out of his hands. If Hill/Dudley/JRich are the only ones guarding him, then it's curtains for the Suns. He will go off EVERY game. You do realize that he's gone 6 straight games of 30+ points in the playoffs right, dude is on a roll right now.
I dont see how Kobe doesnt average 30 a game in this series. He's going to only have to get by one defender, and he can just play off Bynum or Gasol all day. It doesn't hurt that any contact on Kobe and it's a foul (just watch last night's game). Refs made it impossible to guard Kobe. I dont think Gasol is more important to the Lakers than Kobe is, but it does tell you something when Gasol draws more double teams than Kobe does. Right now, if I were the Suns (and the Celtics in the next series), I'd rather let Kobe shoot a contested jumper then let Gasol have the ball in the post. Lakers are better when Gasol has the ball

Hey bro...
just go home!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

laugh.gif

--I thought only Laker fans complain about refs?
--Suns fouls-23...Lakers fouls-21...thats only a difference of 2. Give em 4 points Bob. Wait, they still lose.

roll.gif
roll.gif
So according to you, when the number of fouls called are about the same for both teams, it means the refs called the game fairly?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm not surprised these kind of statements come from Laker fans
laugh.gif

--Hey hey, I never said it was fair. It was bad what they did to Grant. But its not like he was gonna stop Kobe that night anyway.
--The officiating may have influenced how the game was played. I can admit that.

--BUT you gotta admit there was no stopping Kobe to will these Lakers to a W. Refs or no refs. Lakers 1-0. Good job on OD'ing on the rolling laughs my dude. You didnt even make you a point of view to rebut mine. Just generalizing Laker fans again.

IMO if the lakers win game 2 with a blow-out, they should sit out bynum for at least one game. they might just cruise to the finals with LO having "lucky games"
laugh.gif

amare's 3 boards
smh.gif

keep talking amare...i hope this motivates odom more

remember last year when birdman and kmart had some bet on twitter on who would make odom cry first? then odom finishes the series on a good note

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

remember last year when birdman and kmart had some bet on twitter on who would make odom cry first? then odom finishes the series on a good note

seriously how stupid could Amare be?   If I were anyone on the Suns inside the locker room I would wanna smack him for opening his big mouth after their team got blown out in game 1.  why say things  that will motivate and have the other team wanna beat the crap out of you that much more in the series. even if he really thinks that, he shoulda just shut up and let his play prove it. oh well, im not a suns fan so i could care less,   keep talkin amare

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

seriously how stupid could Amare be?   If I were anyone on the Suns inside the locker room I would wanna smack him for opening his big mouth after their team got blown out in game 1.  why say things  that will motivate and have the other team wanna beat the crap out of you that much more in the series. even if he really thinks that, he shoulda just shut up and let his play prove it. oh well, im not a suns fan so i could care less,   keep talkin amare
Yeah, this Lakers team doesn't need any bulletin board material - but Amare still gave it to em.

He better have a hell of a game tonight.

Originally Posted by JCH3

Yeah, this Lakers team doesn't need any bulletin board material - but Amare still gave it to em.

i dont know if i mentioned this before but youre probably the only suns fan on here who keeps a cool head who gives decent insights and doesnt troll...props my man

anyways co-sign to that as well cause kobe and odoms antennas are already up from their early exits in 06,07...this only adds fuel to the fire
the later times in the season as well as the series with the thunder was about urgency and motivation
the utah series we were motivated with fishers situation and this series is about revenge on 06/07 now amares mouth..............................hopefully leads to revenge with boston
ohwell.gif

i dont know if i mentioned this before but youre probably the only suns fan on here who keeps a cool head who gives decent insights and doesnt troll...props my man

anyways co-sign to that as well cause kobe and odoms antennas are already up from their early exits in 06,07...this only adds fuel to the fire
the later times in the season as well as the series with the thunder was about urgency and motivation
the utah series we were motivated with fishers situation and this series is about revenge on 06/07 now amares mouth..............................hopefully leads to revenge with boston
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks man. It's like being on an island by myself. VegasHustla is cool too.

I don't know how much the 2006 and 2007 playoffs matter to Lamar and Kobe at this point. Since those seasons, the Lakers have won a ring and the Suns brought in Shaq...nuff said.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

I don't know how much the 2006 and 2007 playoffs matter to Lamar and Kobe at this point. Since those seasons, the Lakers have won a ring and the Suns brought in Shaq...nuff said.

vegashustla has his moments though
nerd.gif

as far as kobe and lamar wanting revenge heres some of the quotes before the series

I'm like an elephant. I don't forget much," said Odom with a smile when asked about possible payback against the Suns.
The Suns series was one of the few times in Jackson's tenure when Baldwin's motivational speech didn't work no matter how many times he replayed it.

"I remember he kept playing that when we had a 3-1 series lead against Phoenix," Luke Walton said. "We're better closers now."

i think someone on here posted something about bryant still remembering those years

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

as far as kobe and lamar wanting revenge heres some of the quotes before the series

I'm like an elephant. I don't forget much," said Odom with a smile when asked about possible payback against the Suns.
The Suns series was one of the few times in Jackson's tenure when Baldwin's motivational speech didn't work no matter how many times he replayed it.

"I remember he kept playing that when we had a 3-1 series lead against Phoenix," Luke Walton said. "We're better closers now."
i think someone on here posted something about bryant still remembering those years
laugh.gif
@ "We're better closers now."

Must be code for "Gasol" or "better team"

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
@ "We're better closers now."

Must be code for "Gasol" or "better team"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

U a fool for that, but that true. We couldn't close a damn window a few years back.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom