Official: Western Conference Finals Lakers vs. Suns thread (LAL 1-0)

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Lakers in 5.

Cali > Arizona

pimp.gif

the series ive been waiting for. i hate living in tempe with all of these obnoxious suns fans. i'm wearing my kobe jersey as much as possible until the series is over, and hopefully getting tickets to game 4 (and in a perfect world, seeing the lakers sweep em on their own floor)

--Hard to believe 3 out 4 conference semi-finals were sweeps.
--There was more competitiveness in the first round.
--I can see the CLE/BOS goin 7 games.

My heart says Suns in 6
My brain says Lakers in 6.

Hmmmm, I'm not that smart anyways, Suns in 6.

the Thunder had these Lakers shook

I cant wait to see what Alvin Gentry has up his sleeve

Little Phil is scurrred

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

Little Phil is scurrred

laugh.gif
im looking forward to posts like this from you over these next 2 weeks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Little Phil is scurrred

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hopefully the Lakers smack the Suns so bad that cheezy tries to leave J Rich for Shannon Brown

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Little Phil is scurrred

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Didn't cheezy quit and turn in his JRich fan card earlier this season like back in last December when the Suns were playing like TRASH and were looking like they were going to miss the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

suns...PLEASE dead these fools....

i feel sorry for the people who actually believe the suns have a chance. reminds me of the movie the great white hype
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by JCH3

- This should be a fun WCF series. Last time these two teams met in the WCF was in 1988-89.

That Sunday game 3 BETTER be an afternoon affair because I do not want to have to pick between the Lost finale and what will assuredly be a pivotal game 3. From the looks of it, the first two games of the series will be at 9:00 ET both on TNT.
i hope it's a repeat of 88-89  with a different end result in the finals
laugh.gif

i hate to bust your bubble with most likely that sunday game is going to start at 5:30.  tnt has all the western conference finals games which sucks schedule wise.    if they were on abc for some of the games the series would start on sunday.

imo the rest hurts the suns because their hot right now and on a roll right now, if i were them i'd want to play asap.   if the Lakers win the first 2 at home it's gonna be a short series, if Phoenix can split in LA this could possibly go 6 or 7
Damn...I didn't know that TNT had exclusive rights to this series.
mad.gif
This is gonna put a serious damper in my game 3 plans but what can you do? I could talk about playoff scheduling for hours because it's been so terrible. The Suns and the Spurs had a game every other night, with an extra day in between games 6 and 7 which is how it should be.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by ninjahood

suns...PLEASE dead these fools....

i feel sorry for the people who actually believe the suns have a chance. reminds me of the movie the great white hype
laugh.gif

Look, I'll be the first to admit that the Lakers are going to not just be favored, but be heavily favored in this matchup. That being said, you would be absolutely foolish to completely write them off as having "no chance". The Suns were a bad fourth quarter away from splitting a season series with the Lakers - not to mention both of the games in LA were before Christmas.

Anybody will tell you the Suns are a much better team now then they were in the middle of December. I think the Lakers were actually playing better basketball back in November and December when they had a record of 46-15 in March.

At the end of the day, the regular season series has no impact on this series. But as a die hard Suns fan, we have a chance, I just don't know how good that chance is.

Said it before BOTH of their previous series even began, the year the Suns finally beat the Spurs is the year they finally lose to the Lakers. 

Back
Top Bottom