Official: Western Conference Finals Lakers vs. Suns thread (LAL 1-0)

I know Kardashian doesn't usually play consistently, but this series is tailor made for his talents, with Drew probably being a non-factor for the rest of the playoffs, LO is going to get more time, and there is no one on PHX that can guard him. He'll continue to get rebounds cause Amary seems to be allergic to getting them. I think the Big 3 for us will continue to have huge games, we just have to continue to defend the 3.

And for all the Fish haters, he played Nash really well last night.

First of all Suns were on top of the West then and they will be after this series soooo.... I have room to talk. I don't mind you guys saying what you want, but it's not really what you believe. All you Laker fans are scared of the Suns. Scared to lose. Scared to admit it. Instead all you do is hide it and talk crazy.....
Riiiiiiiiiight JDiddy....Riiiight, so scared. Suns have 0 chance to win. Year of the revenge for the purple and gold.

3 more wins and... 

VENGENCE
devil.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Dang, I bunch of you Laker fans are weird. Other teams can't come and join in the conversation for the WCF's?
indifferent.gif

Guys welcome in and share your thoughts, just ignore these arrogant Laker fans.

I wonder what will happen if the Suns upset the Lakers? What will they say next? I'm tired of having "class" to the Laker fans, they're so immature! Go Suns, and Amare punk those tissue soft bigs they got. Bynum only has one knee so it'll be funny watching him try to run with us. Refs look for Gasol's flops. I hope Kobe tries to take over so we blow them out on the games he does. Let Artest shoot. Shannon only scores on wide open shots or dunks. Fisher just sucks all around. I have respect for Odom, so no words there.
Where's the rest of their team? Oh yeah that's it.
laugh.gif

Suns in 5. I changed my mind. Who's guarding Suns bench?! Good luck with that, and that will be the difference maker.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Class Jdiddy - Whatever team comes with focus, will take the games. If Suns split one game at staples center, they'll win with out a doubt, because we've only lost once at home since mid Janurary. If we win both games in Staples, Spurs all over again.
laugh.gif
hate to burst your bubble but the truth hurts. The suns have NO chance in hell of winning. thats not arrogance. its the truth...

Same thing y'all said a couple months ago about PHX being top 5 in the West.

Or.

Same thing y'all said about the Suns sweeping the Spurs.

Just keep going.
laugh.gif

Im confused...was Kobe, Pau, Bynum, LO and all the rest in a Spurs uniform?? #+%+

So where is: 

"Mr. Royal Class aka  I have more class than any Laker fan and I'm 20 years old  aka JDiddy931" ? 

Is he gonna post again?  Or should we conveniently expect him to show up when the Suns win their first game? 
laugh.gif

4618206991_09986427c7_o.jpg

"The Suns found out that when your opponent doesn't miss and grabs all the boards, it's awfully hard to win."

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I mentioned this earlier in the post but did you all see how sour Charles Barkley looked on the post game show last night? He was moping like a child and kept the mention of Kobe's name to a minimum. Dude would've been gloating if Kobe had an off game.

laugh.gif
He was really quiet last night or either rambling about a lot of stuff that didn't make any sense.

I was
roll.gif
when Inside the NBA came on and the 1st thing Kenny says "He's slowed down though" Chuck was looking like 
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
. He's been so blatantly wrong this postseason it's not even funny. I wouldn't be surprised if KB averaged 35-40 points for the duration of this series, having old man Hill damn near breaking his ankles isn't going to stop him.

I'll bet that before this series is over there will be at least one game where Hill frustrates Kobe defensively and he has a bad shooting night. Do you really think he's gonna be hitting it from the outside the whole series like he did in game 1?

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

4618206991_09986427c7_o.jpg

"The Suns found out that when your opponent doesn't miss and grabs all the boards, it's awfully hard to win."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That't pretty good.

I'll be courtside for game 2 tomorrow. Hopefully it's worth the 3 hour flight... I was there for game 5 against OKC and left halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I'll be courtside for game 2 tomorrow. Hopefully it's worth the 3 hour flight... I was there for game 5 against OKC and left halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Damn dude how much did you pay? Or did you pay?

Just saw this on ESPN. I'm ashamed.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Stoudemire: Odom had 'lucky game'[/h2]

By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Can Lamar Odom's 19 points and 19 rebounds in the Los Angeles Lakers'128-107 win in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals be attributed tosomething as trivial as his uniform number, lucky No. 7?

Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire seems to think so.

1727.jpg

Stoudemire

617.jpg

Odom

"I'm not giving him no hype right now; he had a lucky game in Game 1,"Stoudemire said after Suns practice Tuesday at Staples Center. "We justgot to make sure we box him out. I think I focused so much on [Pau] Gasol and [Andrew] Bynumto where he snuck in there and got 19 boards, so now we just got tomake sure there's three guys out there that can rebound well [when]adding Odom. So, we got to do a better job on them."

Odom barely batted an eyelash when told about Stoudemire's claim after the Lakers finished practice.

"So be it," Odom said. "Hopefully I can have another lucky one."

Odom hit his first three shot attempts and finished 9-for-15 in thegame. When he entered the contest midway through the first quarter theLakers were down by five, and after his seven points and four reboundsto finish the quarter, L.A. led by nine heading into the second.

"I just go out there and play whatever the matchup is," Odom said. "Ijust try to be as efficient as possible in a run-and-gun game. Do allthe small things, catch the ball near the basket, put it in."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said that Odom created his own good fortune by being aggressive on the floor.

"You make your own luck we say, that's what sports people like to say,"Jackson said. "I think he was just aggressive when he came in and triedto feel out where he could help us in the game. He hit a couple openshots and then everything started opening up for him -- drives,offensive rebounds and his whole game kind of came forward.

"That's a lot of times the way basketball is. A guy starts playing welland just things fall in his hands. It certainly did for him last nightand we hope it continues that way."

Stoudemire's comments made Lakers captain Derek Fisher recall recently watching Larry King interview Mick Jagger.

"They were asking Mick Jagger about why he felt like the Rolling Stoneshave been so great for so long," Fisher said. "Obviously, he talkedabout talent, working hard, blah, blah, blah. But he said there is someluck involved in being good. When you're great for a long time, youhave to be lucky sometimes. So if he wants to call Lamar lucky lastnight, I'll take 19 and 19 as luck any day of the week."

Andy Kamenetzky of the Land O' Lakers Blog and Beto Duran of 710 ESPN contributed to this report.

eyes.gif
I don't know if ANYBODY can defend this.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Grant Hill played good D on Kobe, Kobe just had better offense last night,

With that said, I don't see LO having another game like this. He'll probably throw up 3 points and 4 rebounds in the next game.

D. Fish played solid D on Nash too, gotta keep it rollin'

nah
Odom is the MAN!!!
pimp.gif

Does Amare know the definition of lucky? 

19 rebounds doesn't just fall into your hands.    Maybe he's lucky that Amare didn't play an sort of defense on Odom, or boxed out at all.  

I'll say Amare was lucky to even have gotten 3 rebounds.
laugh.gif

Amare is garbage with inflated stats... overrated IMO. But anyway, Frye was the leading scorer as predicted by JDiddy...i think thats why he was banned...for giving such great insite..haha. BTW - Frye - 3 points, 1-8 fgs, 1-7 3's, 1 reb, 1 stl, 0 assists, -13 point differential haha

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I mentioned this earlier in the post but did you all see how sour Charles Barkley looked on the post game show last night? He was moping like a child and kept the mention of Kobe's name to a minimum. Dude would've been gloating if Kobe had an off game.

laugh.gif
He was really quiet last night or either rambling about a lot of stuff that didn't make any sense.

I was
roll.gif
when Inside the NBA came on and the 1st thing Kenny says "He's slowed down though" Chuck was looking like 
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
. He's been so blatantly wrong this postseason it's not even funny. I wouldn't be surprised if KB averaged 35-40 points for the duration of this series, having old man Hill damn near breaking his ankles isn't going to stop him.

I'll bet that before this series is over there will be at least one game where Hill frustrates Kobe defensively and he has a bad shooting night. Do you really think he's gonna be hitting it from the outside the whole series like he did in game 1?
Sure he might have a bad shooting game, but he Suns pace will give him a lot more opportunities to score than he usually has. They ONLY way they can stop him from getting 30+ points a game is to outright double team him and get the ball out of his hands. If Hill/Dudley/JRich are the only ones guarding him, then it's curtains for the Suns. He will go off EVERY game. You do realize that he's gone 6 straight games of 30+ points in the playoffs right, dude is on a roll right now.

Good one Amare. Lamar should of told him Amare has no defense, it would be the truth. 3 Boards? Get off yourself.

Keep adding fuel to the fire

19 boards luck? I think being 6'10'' and only getting 3 is luck.

Well Amare done messed up cuz now Odom gonna be big again. If he didn't say anything we might have seen Odom get like 5 and 5.

ZoDogg-

"Amare meant that Odom was lucky because Amare decided not to rebound or play any defense last night"

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Amare is garbage with inflated stats... overrated IMO. But anyway, Frye was the leading scorer as predicted by JDiddy...i think thats why he was banned...for giving such great insite..haha. BTW - Frye - 3 points, 1-8 fgs, 1-7 3's, 1 reb, 1 stl, 0 assists, -13 point differential haha

Wait, Jdiddy got banned? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

laugh.gif

--I thought only Laker fans complain about refs?
--Suns fouls-23...Lakers fouls-21...thats only a difference of 2. Give em 4 points Bob. Wait, they still lose.

roll.gif
roll.gif
So according to you, when the number of fouls called are about the same for both teams, it means the refs called the game fairly?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm not surprised these kind of statements come from Laker fans
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif

I was
roll.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Sure he might have a bad shooting game, but he Suns pace will give him a lot more opportunities to score than he usually has. They ONLY way they can stop him from getting 30+ points a game is to outright double team him and get the ball out of his hands. If Hill/Dudley/JRich are the only ones guarding him, then it's curtains for the Suns. He will go off EVERY game. You do realize that he's gone 6 straight games of 30+ points in the playoffs right, dude is on a roll right now.
I dont see how Kobe doesnt average 30 a game in this series. He's going to only have to get by one defender, and he can just play off Bynum or Gasol all day. It doesn't hurt that any contact on Kobe and it's a foul (just watch last night's game). Refs made it impossible to guard Kobe. I dont think Gasol is more important to the Lakers than Kobe is, but it does tell you something when Gasol draws more double teams than Kobe does. Right now, if I were the Suns (and the Celtics in the next series), I'd rather let Kobe shoot a contested jumper then let Gasol have the ball in the post. Lakers are better when Gasol has the ball

Amare givin Bulletein Board material, thats beyond stupid.

It looked like LA was already playing with a ''chip'' on their shoulder.

Ok Amarie
laugh.gif

Wasn't this dude not selected for the Olympics in 08 because coach K said he wasn't a team player ?

Back
Top Bottom