Official White Privilege Thread

Miley Cyrus Is Going Back to Hip-Hop For Her New Album After Dissing the Genre in 2017

David Crotty/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/...rjsOXg-c5LNRztkpnGj3-T4gckibRLdeLnluIFFaaliz4

When asked about what we can expect to hear from the new album she’s been working on, Miley Cyrus toldVanity Fair, “There’s psychedelic elements, there’s pop elements, there’s more hip-hop-leaning records.” Wait, wait, what did she say at the end? Did we read that correctly? “Hip-hop-leaning records?”

Let’s put our reaction to that interesting revelation in a way that Miley, the owner of seven dogs, can better understand.

In 2017, Miley appeared to bury her hip-hop leaning records as she underwent an identity change which coincided with the release of her sixth studio album Younger Now. She put the nail in the coffin by trashing the genre while speaking with Vulturethat same year.

“I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little,” Cyrus said. “It was too much ‘Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock’ – I am so not that.” In her latest interview, she says her upcoming project will be “just kind of a mosaic of all the things that I’ve been before,” which is ironic since she explicitly described herself as being “so not that” when it came to the hip-hop scene just two years ago. However, we should have seen this coming ever since Miley hinted in December about going back to making hip-hop records when talking about her reuniting with Mike Will Made-It.

While we don’t expect her to go full cultural appropriator—whether she wants to admit or not—like she did with 2013’s Bangerz, it’s still appalling to hear her confidently talk about incorporating elements of a genre that she thoroughly dismissed.

Wow at the N bombs from the whitest kid possible. Good job parents. Think this is the first tune acting like that? Lol. I’m sure he’s got a job with daddy lined up and a life long dependency on antidepressants ahead of him. Might even becom a cop

Last edited:
It's a different story if a POC acted up.
Bodyslammed, handcuffed, tasered, etc.
Exactly. You mean to tell me he just goes to school like nothing happened and the teacher just has to take that? Lol, wouldn’t be me. ***** boy would be made an example of and then his days would be next just becuase. He made that POS

Last edited:

Aint karma a *****?
France is looking more and more like all those countries they oppressed and destroyed ...
#****parisprayforhaiti

The Black Codes of 1865

Forced the native blacks who knew the land to only be servants or farmers. Forced us to engage in share cropping since the whites didn't understand our land.

Black Codes: Restricting Freedom of ex-slaves ***

The Destruction of the Freedmans Bank

Started by Abraham Lincoln, which was the main reason he was killed. For assisting with ex slaves, ex and future indentured servants and sharecroppers with an economic floor.

The Freedman's Bank was used by the federal govt to encourage freedman to go into indentured servitude contracts with old slave owners with money and land being the return payment. The black codes were used to force us to yield fields without a choice. They had no intent on the payment being done and instead kicked us out once we taught them how to farm.

What happened to the Freedmen’s Bank?

1790 Sundry Act

White People Had to Rely on Foreign Blacks for Help and Leadership.

George Washington played a position of weakness to the ruler of Morocco, who was a blackamoor. Told George straight up that when we come to your country, we can do whatever white folks can and you cant do **** about it. Moors were still throwing around weight those days and didn't get overtaken by wp yet.

Convict Leasing

The black sharecropping fiasco. Pretty much the majority of these white farm owners today are working stolen fields that were supposed to be given to negro sharecroppers for indentured servitude.

Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim Hits, Kills Man Walking on I-690

AARWB7722FHWVB6ALLJHIU236Y.JPG

Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim. (Dennis Nett)

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2019...-boeheim-hits-kills-man-walking-on-i-690.html

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse men’s basketball coach Jim Boeheim struck and killed a man Wednesday walking outside a vehicle on Interstate 690 shortly before 11:30 p.m., authorities said.

Jorge Jimenez, 51, had been in a car with four others near Thompson Road in Syracuse when their vehicle crashed into a guardrail for unknown reasons, authorities said.

“The occupants then exited the vehicle and proceeded to walk on the highway within close proximity to that vehicle,” Syracuse police said in a 9:51 a.m. news release. “An oncoming vehicle noticed the disabled car and tried avoiding the vehicle, which was in the middle of the road.”

The driver of the second vehicle, Boeheim, 74, of DeWitt, struck Jimenez as he stood on the side of the road, police said.

“Field sobriety and alco-sensor tests for both drivers were negative for any signs of impairment,” police said. “Reconstruction of the scene will be performed and speeds cannot be determined at this time.

No traffic tickets have been issued at this time, police said.

Boeheim was taken to Syracuse police headquarters downtown, where he was questioned and released. Boeheim’s blood-alcohol registered a .00, Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick confirmed.

Friends and family tell Syracuse.com | The Post-Standard that Boeheim does not drink alcohol.

Syracuse University released a statement about the incident, expressing condolences. Boeheim echoed those sentiments in his own statement.

Syracuse police were dispatched to the accident on I-690 Eastbound at 11:24 p.m., according to Onondaga County 911 dispatch logs. I-690 Eastbound was closed between Exit 15 at Midler Avenue and Exit 16 at Thompson Road for several hours, according to state Department of Transportation.

The Syracuse Orange beat Louisville at the Carrier Dome on Wednesday night. The game ended around 9 p.m.

Driving conditions after the game were icy in spots. It’s unclear if that played any role in the initial crash or Boeheim’s involvement.

The Syracuse weather station at Hancock airport registered 32 degrees with “light freezing rain” at 11 p.m. By midnight, the temperature was 35 and there was light rain.

Jim Boeheim Will Coach Syracuse vs. Duke on Heels of Fatal Crash

ncb_a_boeheim_mb_1296x729.jpg

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...heim-coach-syracuse-vs-duke-heels-fatal-crash

Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim will coach in Saturday's game against Duke, three days after being involved in a fatal car crash.

Athletic director John Wildhack announced the news on Friday afternoon.

"The Jimenez family has suffered a tremendous loss," Wildhack said in a statement. "Our community is shaken. The Boeheim family is heartbroken over what happened, as we all are. This is a very difficult time. I know that Coach Boeheim's players gain strength from him, just as he gains strength from his players. Our entire community gains strength from each other.

"With this in mind, and after thoughtful consideration, I have respectfully decided that Coach Boeheim will resume his coaching duties later today and will coach in tomorrow night's game against Duke. We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to the Jimenez family as they continue to mourn this tragic loss."

Boeheim met with his team Thursday after the crash but did not coach or attend practice Thursday afternoon. The Orange are expected to practice at 4 p.m. on Friday, sources told ESPN. Practice was closed Thursday and will be closed on Friday, a change from the program's usual policy.

Late Wednesday night, while driving home from a restaurant, Boeheim struck and killed a man along an interstate highway as he tried to avoid hitting the man's disabled vehicle, Syracuse police said. Jorge Jimenez, 51, was a passenger in another car that lost control and hit a guardrail on I-690 in Syracuse. Boeheim's car struck Jimenez, who had exited his vehicle. Jimenez was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Sobriety tests for Boeheim and the driver of the other car were negative.

"I am heartbroken that a member of our community died as the result of last night's accident," Boeheim said in a statement Thursday morning. "Juli and I extend our deepest sympathies to the Jimenez family. Out of respect for those involved, I will not be providing further comment at this time."

she did not convey the correct response

its not hes a nice a guy that happens to be black

hes a black person, recognize and appreciate that

not "i dont see color" it all up

The Westbrook thing is white privilege? Cmon dude. You’re making a mockery of the term with that.

what little kid sees a superstar athlete and decides to punch him?

a privileged one

just be happy i aint put it in the ws watch thread

What’s wrong with this post? The bottom one in particular? Top one can be misinterpreted

Well, the white mother who replied, interpreted it the same way the rest of us did. Seeing as she knows the person and that was her reaction, i think its safe to say it wasn't misinterpreted.

Woman Arrested for Allegedly Throwing Phone at Her Mom for Refusing to Drive Her to Yoga Class

Holly Albert is accused of assaulting her mother with a phone. (Photo: Montgomery County Police Department)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wom...-mom-refusing-drive-yoga-class-132851038.html

A Maryland woman was arrested last month for allegedly throwing her phone at her mother after she refused to give her a ride to a yoga class.

Court documents obtained by Washington, D.C. news affiliate ABC 7 state that the incident took place in August 2017, though the accused woman, 30-year-old Holly Albert of Potomac, Md., was not actually arrested by Montgomery County police until this February, some 18 months later.

Albert has been charged with second-degree assault and is accused of hurling the house phone at her mother’s head after getting upset when the older woman declined to take her to the yoga class. Albert, who is described as being unemployed and living at her parents’ home, wanted to attend the class for meditative purposes, her mom told police.

Albert’s mother called 911 with the same phone after it allegedly struck her. When police arrived, they found her with a cut to the head, a bloodied shirt and hair “matted down with blood.”

Despite the alleged assault, Albert’s parents are standing by their daughter. They have reportedly hired her a defense attorney and her mother wrote a statement defending her to the court.

“I freely state that at all times since those events, up to the present, Holly Anne has lived with me and her father without any incident or reason whatsoever that would cause either of us to fear for our safety or well-being,” the statement obtained by ABC 7 reads. “Moreover, I believe that it is in Holly Anne’s best interest that she continue to reside with us, rather than have to make other living arrangements pending a future trial date. Holly Anne is currently unemployed and we are providing her with financial and other support at this time.”

The statement continued, “It is Holly Anne’s wish and decision to address and resolve the subject proceeding, and to that end she is voluntarily surrendering herself to the outstanding warrant. Knowing Holly Anne as I do, I am confident that she intends to appear at every court date necessary to bring this matter to a close.”

Albert is due in court on March 19 for a preliminary hearing.

Yahoo Lifestyle has contacted the Montgomery County Police Department for comment.

8 Times the U.S. Gave Whites Handouts to Get Ahead
images

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/8-times-the-u-s-gave-whites-handouts-to-get-ahead.524412/

The 1830 Indian Removal Act
With the help of the U.S. Army, Cherokee, Creek and other eastern Native American tribes were forced to relocate west of the Mississippi River to make room for white settlers.

The 1862 Homestead Act

This act gave away an overwhelming number of acreage to white settlers out west — land that had been previously settled by Native Americans. According to California News Reel, nearly 270 million acres of Indian Territory was converted to private property for white settlers.

The 1790 Naturalization Act

Under this legislation, only “free whites” were allowed to become naturalized citizens of the United States. Thus the doors were opened for European immigrants — but not anyone else. The right to vote, serve on juries and hold office was exclusively reserved for American citizens.

The Social Security Act of 1935

Enacted under President Roosevelt’s New Deal, the Social Security Act provided a financial safety net for millions of workers and guaranteed that they would continue to be paid after retirement. But this luxury didn’t extend to everyone, however. The act excluded agricultural and domestic laborers, many of whom were Black, Mexican and Asian.

The G.I. Education Bill, Veteran Administration Housing Authority, and Health Care System

Because of these government programs, (mostly white) members of the armed forces were able to continue their education, guaranteed private housing, and granted access to a public health care system. Many of these benefits were reserved for white veterans, however. For the handful of Black veterans who could participate in these programs, their benefits were still fewer than those of their white counterparts.
Police and firemen, some with their wives and children, assembled on Philadelphia’’s Rayburn Plaza, Nov. 13, 1956, to carry their wages and hours demand to City Council. The police and firemen were demanding an increase of $1,000 a year and a 40-hour week.

The Wagner Act of 1935

Also known as the National Labor Relations act, this legislation gave labor unions the power of collective bargaining, defined unfair work practices, and established consequences if those rules were broken. As unions excluded non-white workers from better paying jobs and benefits like health care, pension, and job security, millions of white workers were able to work their way into the middle class.

Federal Housing Administration

Under this bill, white families were granted home loans, making it possible for them to purchase their very first humble abode. Unfortunately, mortgage eligibility was often tied to race while those living in integrated neighborhoods were deemed a “flight risk” and denied loans. 

1960s Jim Crow Laws

These outwardly discriminatory laws not only barred African-Americans from drinking at the same water fountain as whites, but also reserved the best jobs, schools, neighborhoods and hospitals for white people.

This is the systemic racism that has caused alot of the poor conditions blacks are in today. Most is post slavery racism Cacs never bring up.

Back
Top Bottom