:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Wow England is horrible.
im not a big Futbol fan but i can tell a choke artist when i see one. but much love and respect to Algeria

well this isn't embarrassing 
laugh.gif

the-sun-world-cup-2010.jpg

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Can someone lay down the scenarios to advance out of this group?

Please.

What are the tie breakers for group play?

And how would the US advance?

Do we control our own destiny right now?

Slovenia is in with a tie or win
USA wins  and there in no matter what (They have got most goals so will break the tiebreaker)
England is in if they win and USA loses or if a USA tie...but if they win and USA win than they need to make-up 2 goals
Algeria is in in if they beat USA and England loses

I Think...

The Simple part is.
Slovenia wins, they are through.
England wins, they are through.
America is through with a win.
Algeria can get through with a win and a Slovenia win/draw
now i would need to look at GD if there are draws and people tie with points

One glaring problem with England and Capello: Joe Cole doesn't play

The one player who can create some magic can't even get on the damn pitch.

Right now we are in second because of the tie-breaker situation, but Yes we need a win against Algeria, so we dont have to worry about the SLOVENIA/ENGLAND GAME.

It's interesting to see the analysis from the soccer faithful in this thread. The English assessment of the team that has been presented here has definitely opened my eyes and I will definitely look at the next game with more emphasis on the scoring opportunities (or lack thereof) that they provide for their strikers.

Can anyone pinpoint any glaring issues that the U.S. squad must address other than their lack of urgency at the beginning of games?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

England are a route one football team. Long ball, flick into the box, shot on goal.

PersiaFly, you arent looking too deep into this. It is not easy to get inside the box in this sport. It takes good technical ability to routinely get the ball inside the box and to create scoring opportunities. England are not taking long shots because they are cocky...they are taking long shots because they do not have the technical ability to break down the staunch Algerian defence, get inside the box and get quality shots on net. This is not a new problem...it's been a problem for them for decades.

You ever wonder why Brazilians are so gifted? Why Germans are such disciplined and smart players? Why Koreans are extremely energetic? Why Italians are such great defenders? It's because that's how they are nurtured. English players are taught from a young age to play a direct and team oriented game. They are usually organized and tactically disciplined but where they fall short is when the circumstances of the game force a player to have an individual moment of brilliance that gets the team the win. Exhibit A is right in front of your TV/computer screen right now.

Why do you like to sound like you know what the hell you're talking about?  I'm surprised you did not mention Spain in your great comparison of countries??? Maybe its bc they just LOST. England have not lost yet and I will laugh in your face when they beat Slovenia.  Oh yea, Im from US and support America.  No one in the world can predict outcomes.

Just read another scenario

If we tie Algeria 0-0
and England tie Slovenia 2-2

than it will rest on a coin flip
eek.gif

Originally Posted by tonton32

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

they have enough to beat Algeria in Rooney and Gerrard alone.

And who do England have to get Rooney and Gerrard the ball? Dont you see how deep Rooney is playin? It's because he isnt getting any service at all.

Thank you tevez! a lot of people i speak to seem to blame englands poor performances on rooney alone, how can he score goals if he doesnt receive the ball?

so far most of the teams that arent doin so well in the WC are all the sides that lack strong center field presence, where have alll the great midfielders gone?!

What about Spain?

Back
Top Bottom