Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stats, Stats and More Stats

Detroit Tigers Post Season Stats
League Division Series
Team BA: .252
ERA: 2.06
Notables:
Infante/Dirks/Peralta all batted .290 and better.
Velrander 2W/0.56 ERA/1CG 22 SO

League Championship Series
Team BA: .291
ERA: 1.38
Notables:
Peralta batted .389/Young (MVP) batted .353 2HR 6RBIs
Valverde 2 BS in the postseason.

San Francisco Giants Post Season Stats
League Division Series
Team BA: .194
Team ERA: 4.11
Notables:
Giants won 3 Straight Elimination game to win the series
Sandoval Batted .333

League Championship Series
Team BA: .261
Team ERA: 2.80
Giants won 3 Straight Elimination game to win the series
Scutaro (MVP) batted .500 in the series
Vogelsong 2W/1.29 ERA/13 SO

KEYS KEYS KEYS
2 Possible Regular Season MVPs
Miguel Cabrera
2012 POSTSEASON STATS:
.281 AVG 1HR 5 RBI
Buster Posey
2012 POSTSEASON STATS:
.178 AVG 2HR 6 RBI

-Giants Starting Pitching
-Detroit Bullpen
-Who can get the early lead

I need that SF WS 2012 fitted as well. I wish I could say my 2010 SF fitted got drenched in champagne but it got drenched in the rain instead. I didn't make it onto TV, but I made it onto SFGate :nthat:

LETS GO GIANTS!!! Take it in 6!

Last edited:
#Cardinals vet Lance Berkman says in slo-motion Pence's busted-bat screwball was actually illegal (full quote) #Cardinals vet Lance Berkman says in slo-motion Pence's busted-bat screwball was actually illegal (full quote) "It hit the bat three times. It was actually an illegal hit," Berkman said about the hit that flipped Game 7 of the NLCS. "There’s no way the "It hit the bat three times. It was actually an illegal hit," Berkman said about the hit that flipped Game 7 of the NLCS. "There’s no way the umpire can see that. It jammed him so bad that he was able to – I’ve never seen anything like it. The ball essentially rolled up his barrel. umpire can see that. It jammed him so bad that he was able to – I’ve never seen anything like it. The ball essentially rolled up his barrel. That’s why Pete (Kozma) went one way and the ball went there other." That’s why Pete (Kozma) went one way and the ball went there other."

Last edited:
As a Mets die hard, I always loved the way Angel Pagan played. Good to see him on a legitimate contender, cuz I'm rootin for the kid. Good luck to the Giants and their faithful.

Berkman, while he may be correct, just comes off as a bitter player who had no effect on the game.

I have a hard time seeing how the Giants score vs Verlander who pitches 2 games easy, and could work a 3rd if there are any weather delays, or even a game 7 on short rest, or out of the pen if need be.

And it would be wild to see Miguel pull a Triple Crown and a title in the same season. :wow:

I have a hard time seeing how the Giants score vs Verlander who pitches 2 games easy, and could work a 3rd if there are any weather delays, or even a game 7 on short rest, or out of the pen if need be.
And it would be wild to see Miguel pull a Triple Crown and a title in the same season. :wow:
Anything can happen with this team.
Giants are hot as hell right now. Let's not forget what happened to Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee in 2010.

hopefully verlander is rusty and giants can beat him in 1 of the games he pitches.. giants in 6

Everybody doubt us when we played the rangers(verlander is on par of what cliff lee was supposed to do to us, Cecil fielder is like josh Hamilton, I see my giants in 5,Yee

^ This year is different than the 2010 run. That time goin into the series, we had far superior pitching. We dont have that advantage this time. I was amazed most people picked the Rangers in 2010, Im not suprised people are picking the Tigers in this one. With that said, I still got Giants in 6, this team refuses to die.

Last edited:
This isn't 2010 and we're not the Rangers. Be prepared to have your hearts broken Giants fans. I am dissapointed that we're facing you because I was really anticipating revenge for 2006.

Back
Top Bottom