Official WRESTLEMANIA XXV Thread - 4/5 PPV 7pm et - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, HHH vs Orton

Takers face was priceless...on some Manga/Anime facial expression stuff...
roll.gif
roll.gif

manga1.jpg
images

and he actually threw a little hissy fit...ha!! It was so rare to see him in a humanizing moment like that....This is Taker we talking about !!!

The Rock...
frown.gif

Attitude Era...
frown.gif

MITB match was excellent, I hope y'all ain't forgetting about that. Sure, most here (including me) were rootingfor Christian or MVP/Shelton Benjamin, but that still didn't take away from a great opener. I said before I wouldn't be surprised if Punk won and heended up winning...hopefully his next title reign will be better than his 1st. Even with a couple of botches (which are expected in that type of match), it wasstill good. There were a lot of good spots from different dudes. Remember when dudes were saying because Mark Henry/Kane were in it, it would be the worst MITBmatch of all time? They actually didn't do so bad here and I think it was a 8/10.

Divas match was nonsense...unorganized, Santino winning was funny but it only makes the Divas look that much worse.2/10

Chris Jericho vs. Legends...another match people are skipping over. Sure, the beginning was a bit slow but Jerichodisposed of Snuka and Piper rather quickly. Then Steamboat came on and put up a hell of an effort...him and Jericho had an excellent bout, none of y'allcan deny that. No one expected the chemistry to be that good. Jericho went over (which was shocking to most of us here, since EVERYONE expected the Legends towin) and beat up Ric Flair. Rourke came out at the end and gave Jericho a punch that we all knew was coming, but I think Jericho looks great at the end of allthis...he wins the match and really made Flair look bad. This could have been a potential disaster but Jericho/Steamboat put on a hell of a show...7/10.

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy...it was good, but not great. It could have gone on much longer than it did and I'm still under the belief that Jeff got hurtwhen he did that move from the ladder and Matt moved. Because of that, Matt had to go for the win since Jeff was basically dunzo. That Twist of Fate wascrazy...
smh.gif
. I expected more but it was what it was. 6.5/10

JBL vs. Mysterio - Horrible booking, they're only devaluing the belt with that type of match...ala WM last yearwith the ECW title. 1/10

HBK vs. Undertaker - One of the greatest matches I've ever seen and easily one of the greatest Wrestlemania matchesof all time. Like 4w said, regardless of what else was on the card this match alone would prevent it from being the worst Wrestlemania of all time. These twomanaged to exceed expectations...an epic 30 minute match. 11/10

Cena vs. Edge vs. Big Show - For all the rumblings about the swerve taking place in this match, nothing ended uphappening. I expected Cena to win and guess what...it happened. Edge transitional champion yet again. Big Show in the match only to take the pinfall. Thisdidn't need to be one of the main events of a WM, it could have taken place at a throwaway PPV. The match itself wasn't that bad, but just predictable.6/10

HHH vs. Orton - It should not have gone on last and it was too slow paced for a main event after having HHH vs. Takerand even Edge/Cena/Big Show was quicker than this. HHH goes over like the piece of *$%# that he is and buries Orton in the process. A %%@++*% cancer I tellyou...
smh.gif

3/10...horrible way to end the 25th anniversary of WM.

All in all, not the worst WM but even close to being the best. It was alright. The HBK vs. Taker match is one for the ages though...match of the year for sure.

Yo undertaker and shawn match was epic. One of the greatest matches i have ever seen. It saved this wm ( that and steamboat
pimp.gif
) from being the worst wm ofall time. Undertakers hissy fit was priceless and shawn put on a show as always. I hated punk won but i guess its a good sign cause that means new blood in themain event scene. I was hoping shelton or MVP won. The MITB match itself was great to but abit sloopy. Kofi put on a show so did shelton as always. Shelton andMVP have great chemstry together i would like to see where there fued goes in the future.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

MITB match was excellent, I hope y'all ain't forgetting about that. Sure, most here (including me) were rooting for Christian or MVP/Shelton Benjamin, but that still didn't take away from a great opener. I said before I wouldn't be surprised if Punk won and he ended up winning...hopefully his next title reign will be better than his 1st. Even with a couple of botches (which are expected in that type of match), it was still good. There were a lot of good spots from different dudes. Remember when dudes were saying because Mark Henry/Kane were in it, it would be the worst MITB match of all time? They actually didn't do so bad here and I think it was a 8/10.

Divas match was nonsense...unorganized, Santino winning was funny but it only makes the Divas look that much worse. 2/10

Chris Jericho vs. Legends...another match people are skipping over. Sure, the beginning was a bit slow but Jericho disposed of Snuka and Piper rather quickly. Then Steamboat came on and put up a hell of an effort...him and Jericho had an excellent bout, none of y'all can deny that. No one expected the chemistry to be that good. Jericho went over (which was shocking to most of us here, since EVERYONE expected the Legends to win) and beat up Ric Flair. Rourke came out at the end and gave Jericho a punch that we all knew was coming, but I think Jericho looks great at the end of all this...he wins the match and really made Flair look bad. This could have been a potential disaster but Jericho/Steamboat put on a hell of a show...7/10.

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy...it was good, but not great. It could have gone on much longer than it did and I'm still under the belief that Jeff got hurt when he did that move from the ladder and Matt moved. Because of that, Matt had to go for the win since Jeff was basically dunzo. That Twist of Fate was crazy...
smh.gif
. I expected more but it was what it was. 6.5/10

JBL vs. Mysterio - Horrible booking, they're only devaluing the belt with that type of match...ala WM last year with the ECW title. 1/10

HBK vs. Undertaker - One of the greatest matches I've ever seen and easily one of the greatest Wrestlemania matches of all time. Like 4w said, regardless of what else was on the card this match alone would prevent it from being the worst Wrestlemania of all time. These two managed to exceed expectations...an epic 30 minute match. 11/10

Cena vs. Edge vs. Big Show - For all the rumblings about the swerve taking place in this match, nothing ended up happening. I expected Cena to win and guess what...it happened. Edge transitional champion yet again. Big Show in the match only to take the pinfall. This didn't need to be one of the main events of a WM, it could have taken place at a throwaway PPV. The match itself wasn't that bad, but just predictable. 6/10

HHH vs. Orton - It should not have gone on last and it was too slow paced for a main event after having HHH vs. Taker and even Edge/Cena/Big Show was quicker than this. HHH goes over like the piece of *$%# that he is and buries Orton in the process. A %%@++*% cancer I tell you...
smh.gif

3/10...horrible way to end the 25th anniversary of WM.

All in all, not the worst WM but even close to being the best. It was alright. The HBK vs. Taker match is one for the ages though...match of the year for sure.

Cosign on most of what you said. I had Punk as my number 2 pick behind Christian. I think the Hardy's match deserves more than a 6.5 though. I thought itwas better than the Jericho match, which was made decent by Steamboat actually having some gas left in the tank because we knew Jericho would bring his A game.Also, I think the HHH/RKO match did have some good points. Some pretty good back and forth in the beginning, but the end was %$$%$!! terrible with HHHbasically destroying him for 5 minutes for a clean win. Also, HBK/Undertaker is the best Wrestlemania match to me. It just delivered for the whole 30 minutesthat it was on. I haven't seen a lot of Wrestlemania's though, so there probably have been some other matches that could give HBK/Taker a run for themoney

-- WrestleMania XXV will air in highlight form on NBC on August 30, 2009 - likely as a means to fill one of the two contractually obligated annual television specials. Although, August 30th falls on a Sunday instead of a Saturday.

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

-- WrestleMania XXV will air in highlight form on NBC on August 30, 2009 - likely as a means to fill one of the two contractually obligated annual television specials. Although, August 30th falls on a Sunday instead of a Saturday.

yo thats my bday
pimp.gif

I'm not even really looking forward to RAW tomorrow tbh..I wanna see the Draft.

eek.gif
I don't think i remember the last wrestler who won the RR but didn't win it all at Wrestlemania ..

The rock?

its taking the scene (probably gonna be aAF) much longer to pre this than i thought, i missed everything before the hardy bros match...

Man now that I think about it, Randy looked like a straight up wimp today
smh.gif

Not the best Wrestlemania but certainly not the worst.

MITB was solid. A few more botches than we'd like but that stuff is gonna happen in a match with 8 guys and 6 ladders. Not thrilled the the same guy winsit twice in a row, but Punk's a good choice IF he either gets a good run or turns heel.

Divas match was dumb. They should have had everyone had a really short, 20 second entrance so we at least knew who was in it. It was five minutes in before Iknew Victoria and Torrie were there.

Jericho match started real slow but ended good. I'm not even disapointed with Piper so much, because he can still brawl a little and hes funny to hearswear....
laugh.gif
but Snuka is just too old. He could barely walk around the ring. Steamboat, however, was a beast...
pimp.gif
Rourke part wasnt so bad. I'm pissed they made Flair look bad though.

Matt and Jeff was very good. TOF and the ladder leap were both awesome. Not sure if this is over or not though by how the match went.

JBL/Rey...
roll.gif

Taker vs HBK catapulted itself into an no-order top 3 of that, Austin/Rock from WM X7 and HBK/Flair last year. Simply amazing. Taker's chest at the end wasinsane.

Triple Threat wasnt that bad. Cena's entrance/starting music was awesome. The double FU was amazing. That must have been 650 pounds.

GOD/Orton was
indifferent.gif
. The match itself was alright but the culminationwas a dud and so burying to Orton. It would have been better to have a Orton tainted Legacy involved victory, IMO.

I think this will go down much like WM 13 did with one of the greatest WM matches ever in Bret/Austin saving a lackluster show with HBK/Taker obviously beingthat match.

I think the PPV suffered hugely from a relatively weak crowd, partially cause of the structure. The E has dropped the ball twice in a row. HBK/Flair shouldhave closed last year and HBK/Taker should have closed last year. They need to suck it up and go ROH/ECW style and put the BEST match last, not the BEST TITLEmatch last (which didnt even happen.)

i told yall there was gonna be some kind of injury that was gonna happen to a wrestler at mania (Even tho i dont wish for anyone to get hurt)

Spoiler [+]
Dolph Ziggler suffered and injury at a dark match at Mania, ref. threw up the X sign so it was a legit injury

My input on WM 25

Jbl vs rey- Why?

Jericho vs legends- steamboat put on a clinic..glad jericho won but sucks rourke ko him

Diva match- Miss Wrestlemania has a johnson...eeewww

MITB- good match....finlay/little bastard/henry didn't ruined the match....but why cm punk again...when shelton/mvp/kofi/christian never won the big one

Matt vs jeff- good match..like the ending with that twist of fate with the chair

Cena vs edge vs big show- Edge lost the belt again.....cena is a 5x champ

HHH vs Orton- should have a no dq match....I think randy got hurt with that sledgehammer shot

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels- CLASSIC MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad taker finally got one @ wrestlemania and HBK add 1 more to his resume...Watching the encore of this match right now

steamboat.. wow.
eek.gif

just watched the replay and HBK/Taker put on an excellent match.

i'm not sure if i prefer this one or HBK/Angle better, though.

The Undertaker/HBK match will definitely be a Match Of The Year candidate.

So who could be Undertaker's next opponent at Wrestlemania XXVI?? My guess is either Chris Jericho, John Cena or Kurt Angle if he decides to return to theWWE when his contract with TNA expires in September 2009.

Back
Top Bottom