• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
this convo is better reserved for people with no bias who own both consoles

"I got set on fire with gasoline drawers and all I can say in response is I own video game consoles"

SardonicLongBluemorphobutterfly-small.gif

I'll buy a PS5 when I can do some easily for retail... until then, the fact that I own every other console that Sony has made should be proof enough of my lack of bias. I'm sure when I do get a PS5 it will mostly be used for playing PS4 games too, at least until Horizon 2 comes out.

At this point trying to call either console better than the other is a kind of moot point, Technically, on paper, the Series X is the most powerful console. However games are currently running better on the PS5, for the most part. Neither consoles has much as far as exclusives goes, one console does backwards compatibility better. Ultimately upgrading to either is no different from upgrading the GPU in your PC at this point in time.

I'll buy a PS5 when I can do some easily for retail... until then, the fact that I own every other console that Sony has made should be proof enough of my lack of bias. I'm sure when I do get a PS5 it will mostly be used for playing PS4 games too, at least until Horizon 2 comes out.

At this point trying to call either console better than the other is a kind of moot point, Technically, on paper, the Series X is the most powerful console. However games are currently running better on the PS5, for the most part. Neither consoles has much as far as exclusives goes, one console does backwards compatibility better. Ultimately upgrading to either is no different from upgrading the GPU in your PC at this point in time.

I've owned every console from both brands, dude is just grasping for straws now.

If what y'all say about the series X is true performance wise why is it the ps5 that's breaking sales records?

If what y'all say about the series X is true performance wise why is it the ps5 that's breaking sales records?
Because there are more PS4 owners upgrading and they are staying in the Sony ecosystem. So demand is stronger on their side

Seems like Sony also is less supply constricted than Xbox

The Series X is more powerful though, but people don't buy consoles strictly on power. The base PS4 and Xbox One was the only time Sony had a power advantage

Because there are more PS4 owners upgrading and they are staying in the Sony ecosystem. So demand is stronger on their side

Seems like Sony also is less supply constricted than Xbox

The Series X is more powerful though, but people don't buy consoles strictly on power. The base PS4 and Xbox One was the only time Sony had a power advantage
What about the demand? You pop into StockX, one is almost double the retail price. The other is $200.

And wouldn’t you say the supply issue is a fumble? We knew about the Series X before the PlayStation 5.

And the launch lineup is better on PlayStation 5. Halo isn’t dropping until next fall. I give them credit for teasing Perfect Dark. And the Bethesda purchase was a smart one.

Same reason why Beats By Dre is the top selling headphones over companies that specialize in sound
I agree. PlayStation has the better brand. Apples to oranges but it’s like Ford vs Toyota.

Personally, I like the Xbox backwards compatibility. Ultimate Game Pass. The controller has been one of the best for several generations after the Phat Xbox. We really haven’t seen much of the vaunted power.

I also like the design of the Series X and S over the horrible PS5. I like that Sony is daring in their console design since day 1. But that big WiFi router design is a miss IMO.

Last edited:
What about the demand? You pop into StockX, one is almost double the retail price. The other is $200.
I literally talk about demand in the first sentence.

And wouldn’t you say the supply issue is a fumble? We knew about the Series X before the PlayStation 5.
When a console is announced is not directly tied to when they start to manufacture it. If they waited for more features from AMD's new GPUs to make it into the console, then they would have to start to manufacture it later. Plus we don't know what supply constraints and other issues going on behind the scenes.

And the launch lineup is better on PlayStation 5. Halo isn’t dropping until next fall. I give them credit for teasing Perfect Dark. And the Bethesda purchase was a smart one.
Launch line-up means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If there were consoles on shelves maybe it would but the Series X/S consoles are still selling out all over the place.

I literally talk about demand in the first sentence.

When a console is announced is not directly tied to when they start to manufacture it. If they waited for more features from AMD's new GPUs to make it into the console, then they would have to start to manufacture it later. Plus we don't know what supply constraints and other issues going on behind the scenes.

Launch line-up means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If there were consoles on shelves maybe it would but the Series X/S consoles are still selling out all over the place.
Are the folks sheep for staying in the Sony ecosystem? Or are they sheep for the PlayStation 5 hype, which is admittedly higher than Series X right now? Or is it the games that are available NOW?

What features besides T Flops are in the series X? And are the comparison videos based on less mature development tools?

And in your opinion based on the last generations track record, who has the better exclusives?

With cross play, the multi platform argument is pretty moot.

I'll buy a PS5 when Final Fantasy 7 Remake 2 comes out. Either that of FF16. Whichever comes first.

Just started Cyberpunk 2077. I've only had one freezing up issue so far playing on a One X.

It's really annoying getting hacked while I'm in the middle of a firefight with a half dozen people. Really need to get better at dealing with it.

Are the folks sheep for staying in the Sony ecosystem? Or are they sheep for the PlayStation 5 hype, which is admittedly higher than Series X right now? Or is it the games that are available NOW?

What features besides T Flops are in the series X? And are the comparison videos based on less mature development tools?

And in your opinion based on the last generations track record, who has the better exclusives?

With cross play, the multi platform argument is pretty moot.
Why the **** are you in here trying to start a console war debate?

I didn't say anything close to accusing anyone of being a sheep. People like their PS4s, people like the Sony ecosystem, people are sticking with them. That's it

All I said was that there are more PS4 owners out there, so if people just upgrade within the same ecosystem, then there would be more demand for PS5.

There are many reasons why there are more PS4 owners is for a number of reasons. Sony did a good job, and MS dropped the ball early in the generation

On the feature side, all I was referring to is MS saying Xbox Series X is the only console that has their full RDNA 2 feature set, right after AMD announced presented their new GPUs. P5S as some but not all. And I didn't even bring this up in the context of IQ, but instead why they might have gotten a late start on manufacturing. Sony felt good where their box was at given what they wanted to do so they could produce them, MS was behind a cause they needed to wait. None of this was to knock Sony, or MS, or make some console war bull**** argument. Just stating that if MS wanted all of RDNA 2 on their box, that could have slowed things down for them.

But for some damn reason, you got your panties in a bunch about arguments I am not even making. Famb, sit down and calm the hell down.

Good grief

Dudes always coming in here trying to start unnecessary beef. Like we should be ashamed to be playing Xbox.
Throwing jabs here and there during E3 is cool but these machines play 95% of the same games with hardly any noticeable difference. People gotta stop taking this **** serious. I say just play what makes you happy 🤷🏽‍♂️

When dudes start up console war arguments I just assume they are teenagers and let it slide.

Being on here long enough its easy to forget there are people you have more than a decade of age on posting along with you. This goes for every message board online. Just ignore the comments and keep it moving.

Why the **** are you in here trying to start a console war debate?

I didn't say anything close to accusing anyone of being a sheep. People like their PS4s, people like the Sony ecosystem, people are sticking with them. That's it

All I said was that there are more PS4 owners out there, so if people just upgrade within the same ecosystem, then there would be more demand for PS5.

There are many reasons why there are more PS4 owners is for a number of reasons. Sony did a good job, and MS dropped the ball early in the generation

On the feature side, all I was referring to is MS saying Xbox Series X is the only console that has their full RDNA 2 feature set, right after AMD announced presented their new GPUs. P5S as some but not all. And I didn't even bring this up in the context of IQ, but instead why they might have gotten a late start on manufacturing. Sony felt good where their box was at given what they wanted to do so they could produce them, MS was behind a cause they needed to wait. None of this was to knock Sony, or MS, or make some console war bull**** argument. Just stating that if MS wanted all of RDNA 2 on their box, that could have slowed things down for them.

But for some damn reason, you got your panties in a bunch about arguments I am not even making. Famb, sit down and calm the hell down.

Good grief
Indeed. You’re the one responding aggressive. You brought up some points and I merely asked questions back. Never said Sony 4 life. I do not own Sony stock. Or am wearing PlayStation underwear. Just trying to seek understanding.

Indeed. You’re the one responding aggressive. You brought up some points and I merely asked questions back. Never said Sony 4 life. I do not own Sony stock. Or am wearing PlayStation underwear. Just trying to seek understanding.
Dude spare me

You were ignoring what I said, to put words in my mouth, all to engage in some BS petty console war argument.

You clearly didn't want to seek any understanding beyond "Sony is better".

Back
Top Bottom