OFFICIAL ZOOM AIR APPRECIATION POST!

So, pretty much less air than 360 Max, but more than Zoom?

I think it's more of the pillars used in 360 Max are replaced primarily with Zoom but they added a few pillars for stability of the bag. So I don't think it's less air than 360 Max, just a different response with the bag.

I think it's more of the pillars used in 360 Max are replaced primarily with Zoom but they added a few pillars for stability of the bag. So I don't think it's less air than 360 Max, just a different response with the bag.
Exactly.

Air Max uses plastic/rubber pillars inside the bag, which limits compression and flex.

Zoom replaced these rubber/plastic pillars with fiber strands, so you can get maximum compression and responsiveness. 

So, 360 zoom just removed not all, but some of the rubber/plastic pillars from air max and replaced them with the fiber strands. There's still pillars in there, just not as many as a traditional Air Max. 

360 zoom is just a combo of Air Max 360 and Zoom Air... A 50/50 hybrid basically.

^ Spot on. I saw the article on Sole Collector talking about the R&D of the technology going into the LeBron X. I think one of the 360 Zoom bags was just Zoom fibers and Max Air. That would be a great setup for a low profile model or a running shoe. I love the responsiveness of the 360 Zoom Max Air and wish Nike would implenet it in more models. I think Kobe would like an all Zoom Max Air setup.

Zoom is def appreciated! Probably my favorite of all nike technologies.

Who remembers the Nike Zoom e-Cue? Largest and most comfortable Zoom Air bag. My only regret was not buying multiple pairs of e-Cues at Marshall's back in the day when the pairs were $20.

How about the Air Viz Zoom Uptempo from 1999? Was that a max zoom unit similar to the Lebron X? I never had them but I always wondered if they felt the same,
One of my all time favorite models and I've been begging Nike to retro them.

Its crazy because zoom doesnt normally look like that from the side.

Hmmm, may be a dumb question but any thoughts or differences in the zoom set up of Nikes running shoes compared to basketball shoes? Flyknit racers with only heel and the trainers with heel and forefoot. Not sure about the structures 17.

Hmmm, may be a dumb question but any thoughts or differences in the zoom set up of Nikes running shoes compared to basketball shoes? Flyknit racers with only heel and the trainers with heel and forefoot. Not sure about the structures 17.

Not a dumb question at all. There are all sorts of different zoom bags with different thickness and area. A forefoot zoom bag can also lay differently based on the intended foot strike.

"Full-length" Zoom in the Hyperrev. This one has "less" zoom [particularly in the toe area] than the earlier versions of the Full-length Zoom.

Zoom air is always appreciated :pimp:

The most comfortable shoe I ever hooped in was the Nike Air Sharkley. That combo of forefoot and heel zoom cushioning was amazing. :pimp:

The double stacked zoom in the 19's > pillows on the feet...
they were nice at the heel area, but the way that cage in the upper was constructed made the shoe uncomfortable when making cuts

Back
Top Bottom