OG BRED XI's

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by ponyboy

definately.. Rock them j's!.. ponyboy

Have you ever posted anything insightful ever?? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OG's tend to separate from where the midsole meets the patent leather.  It's always a risk wearing them.

Well his posts are never more than five words long so it would be kinda difficult to do.

Originally Posted by vipersupra

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Although this belongs in another forum, I'll answer it to help you out Bruce.

Original AJ 11's will always have the tendency of separating. It could be the midsole separating from the patent leather, or the the actual sole separating from the midsole. Especially if DS.

If you can see any visible yellow glue stains anywhere around the midsole or sole area, I would think twice about buying them to wear. That's your first indication.

would it be a good idea to seaglow my 00 jams? that piss sole makes the whole entire shoes looks eewie! lol but the mesh, patent leather all around shoes looks great. its just the sole dat makes em ugly. im afraid sole will seperate and i wont be able to put em back to its place. i was planning on watching em while sitting under d sun. so i can avoid any seperation. i live in Arizona nd im sure u guys know how hot it gets here. lol i will keep an eye on my pair nd take em in erry half hour id say, then let em sit outside again once d glue drys up or wat not..

any input would be great fellas..

Yea, AZ weather is horrible. Lol. Anyways, to minimize separation, place a wet paper towel/napkin on the carbon fiber plate to keep the plate cool. Replace or soak napkin again in cold water. Worked for me when I seaglowed my concords. I had minimal separation cuz I let the napkin dry out. If you keep the napkin wet, you should be good. So it's best you watch it, especially in hot weather.

Original AJ 11's will always have the tendency of separating. It could be the midsole separating from the patent leather, or the the actual sole separating from the midsole. Especially if DS.

If you can see any visible yellow glue stains anywhere around the midsole or sole area, I would think twice about buying them to wear. That's your first indication.

would it be a good idea to seaglow my 00 jams? that piss sole makes the whole entire shoes looks eewie! lol but the mesh, patent leather all around shoes looks great. its just the sole dat makes em ugly. im afraid sole will seperate and i wont be able to put em back to its place. i was planning on watching em while sitting under d sun. so i can avoid any seperation. i live in Arizona nd im sure u guys know how hot it gets here. lol i will keep an eye on my pair nd take em in erry half hour id say, then let em sit outside again once d glue drys up or wat not..

Yea, AZ weather is horrible. Lol. Anyways, to minimize separation, place a wet paper towel/napkin on the carbon fiber plate to keep the plate cool. Replace or soak napkin again in cold water. Worked for me when I seaglowed my concords. I had minimal separation cuz I let the napkin dry out. If you keep the napkin wet, you should be good. So it's best you watch it, especially in hot weather.

Originally Posted by BigBallinBruce

Originally Posted by Daver

They aren't DS, they have been worn, but they are still in pretty good shape...not sure when the last time they were worn. Thinking about trading straight up my VNDS Worn 4x pair of 2007 royal foamposite ones For the OG Breds.....Is that a good trade?

Depends how you value your kicks. It's only worth what people are willing to pay for it. If you feel it's a good trade, it's a good trade. Me personally, I would rather have 01 retros of the XI's to rock. For collection purposes, I would go with the OG's. But that's just me. So in your case, I would stick with my royals and look for the retros.
See, the thing is, I already have a DS pair of 01' retros that I want to keep on ice until I can find another pair of DS 01' or VNDS 01' retros. And I also have two pairs of royal foams...I just realized recently, that sz 11 foams fit me better than 10.5...my toe was touching the very front of the 10.5's...so I'm selling my 10.5's because they don't fit very well. So I guess it doesn't really matter to me...I really value OG craftsmanship and quality, So I think I'll go through with the trade.

Then you really have nothing to lose since you got another pair of royals.

They aren't DS, they have been worn, but they are still in pretty good shape...not sure when the last time they were worn. Thinking about trading straight up my VNDS Worn 4x pair of 2007 royal foamposite ones For the OG Breds.....Is that a good trade?

Depends how you value your kicks. It's only worth what people are willing to pay for it. If you feel it's a good trade, it's a good trade. Me personally, I would rather have 01 retros of the XI's to rock. For collection purposes, I would go with the OG's. But that's just me. So in your case, I would stick with my royals and look for the retros.
See, the thing is, I already have a DS pair of 01' retros that I want to keep on ice until I can find another pair of DS 01' or VNDS 01' retros. And I also have two pairs of royal foams...I just realized recently, that sz 11 foams fit me better than 10.5...my toe was touching the very front of the 10.5's...so I'm selling my 10.5's because they don't fit very well. So I guess it doesn't really matter to me...I really value OG craftsmanship and quality, So I think I'll go through with the trade.

Back
Top Bottom