OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

WOW! i just got my pair from Finish Line (already had a pair from NIKE/com for a week) and man the FinishLine pair is so so much better ! have you guys noticed the difference ?

Idk. Returned... But put it this way. I took out the last 4 ds shoes I had bought. Black 5s, 72 10 11s, gold white 11s, and gum blue 11s. The quality on those shoes were so much better. I then got my wolf gray3s 5lab3s,and fire red 3s. Even those seemed like better quality. Best way to say it, is that it just didn't feel like a $220 shoe even without the defects. I feel bad though, cause someone is going to buy the pair I returned eventually. I just hope it's for half.

Idk. Returned... But put it this way. I took out the last 4 ds shoes I had bought. Black 5s, 72 10 11s, gold white 11s, and gum blue 11s. The quality on those shoes were so much better. I then got my wolf gray3s 5lab3s,and fire red 3s. Even those seemed like better quality. Best way to say it, is that it just didn't feel like a $220 shoe even without the defects. I feel bad though, cause someone is going to buy the pair I returned eventually. I just hope it's for half.
Maybe that person that buys it won't care about quality

WOW! i just got my pair from Finish Line (already had a pair from NIKE/com for a week) and man the FinishLine pair is so so much better ! have you guys noticed the difference ?
I just look at the Production dates and the Finisline pair is from 04/2016-06/2016 and the Nike/com pair is from 06/2016-08/2016 and Let me say Both pairs aren't that good BUT the Finisline pair is way better to me and the red eye lids/lace holes are a deeper red on the FL pair and the elephant print is grey compared to the beige color on the Nike

When will people get that outlets don't receive actual shipments? They're all returns. They're not available in abundance.

You usually hear complains on a mass produced shoe. Nobody said jack when the Gold Medal Boost had messed up heel cups, Red Octobers had cheap midsole paint, B/Red 1s were super creased up, or the Blk Infrared 6s came out scuffed up. If the masses accepts, people conform. If the masses doesn't accept, we find a reason.

Just my thoughts. Shoes are def not bad.

When will people get that outlets don't receive actual shipments? They're all returns. They're not available in abundance.
clearance outlet in fl got a fsr, idk care how they got there as long i can get em for a decent price. of course they not in abundance they came out less than two weeks ago. give it some time though and they will hit widespread 

i got mines from finishline feels a little too big but im okay with it . the price was a little much tho 220

clearance outlet in fl got a fsr, idk care how they got there as long i can get em for a decent price. of course they not in abundance they came out less than two weeks ago. give it some time though and they will hit widespread 

Next year. Folks out here under the impression Nike nervous or something and shooting inventory straight to outlets. C'mon now.

i got mines from finishline feels a little too big but im okay with it . the price was a little much tho 220
what are your production dates? the nike pair i got was made later than the finisline pair . The FL pair was way more tumbled and a little softer and the shape was way better 

Went back and forth on keeping these or not. Finally decided to wear them. Here are a couple observations:

1) much comfier than any 3 in recent memory for sure. Only other pair I own currently are the BC3s from 2011. Those feel like bricks compared to these.

2) no midsole paint cracking. This is huge to me because all the retro releases between 2011-onwards have not been kind to me when it comes to midsole paint chipping (I would take them out of the box and throw them on feet and they would immediately start chipping).

I know there are tons of quality control issues that do not warrant the $220 price tag but this is easily the best retro 3 release in a long time.

Last edited:
I just look at the Production dates and the Finisline pair is from 04/2016-06/2016 and the Nike/com pair is from 06/2016-08/2016 and Let me say Both pairs aren't that good BUT the Finisline pair is way better to me and the red eye lids/lace holes are a deeper red on the FL pair and the elephant print is grey compared to the beige color on the Nike

they had pigpen up in the sweat shop working on the latter batches of true blues

amazing still a FSR on Finishline
not really amazing....bet alotta those pairs r gonna b returns

whoever orders from them gonna be rolling the dice
laugh.gif

i looked through many pairs at both footlocker and niketown, and i think i got brought 0 pairs that were DS. every pair was either a return or tried on and didnt buy....i know for a fact because 1 or both kicks were unlaced on every single pair. im not talking top lace undone, im talking about full out loosened up and lookin like spaghetti. 2 pairs from niketown didnt have a shoetree in the left shoe, and 1 pair from FTL didnt have in the right shoe.

i think with so many returns etc, at some point employees stopped bothering to lace em back up lol

Last edited:
why's that? are the FNL pairs b-grades or something?
nah. just soooooo many QC issues with this release. people unhappy with how these were done. majority of people think that JB dropped the ball with these 3s.

dont get me wrong, theyre slooowly drying up in stores i think. but many pairs were returned.

Back
Top Bottom