OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

These 3s are still in stock in Dallas.  They will be at the local outlet.  JB flooded the market at the wrong time of the year (Black Friday and Christmas).  

These 3s are still in stock in Dallas.  They will be at the local outlet.  JB flooded the market at the wrong time of the year (Black Friday and Christmas).  
How can Black Friday and Christmas be the "wrong time of the year" to flood the market? lol, if anything, it's the absolute perfect time.

Keeping my pair on Ice until Summer. (Even though I'm in Cali and I'm there's only 2 seasons :lol:) feel like this should have been dropped in the spring or summer. Weather is too bad in some places for to wear these.

How can Black Friday and Christmas be the "wrong time of the year" to flood the market? lol, if anything, it's the absolute perfect time.
What I'm saying is, they flooded the market with too many releases and they are all $205 a pop plus Adidas just flushed the market with Yeezy's.  Me personnally, I can afford to drop $1000 on kicks in a month and a half timeframe but many people cant. Thats why there are so many Jordans still in stock at stores.

Man after seeing these in person, like many of ya'll, I am passing. Don't get me wrong, they are not a bad shoe. Just not worth the markup compared to the typical $190.

What I'm saying is, they flooded the market with too many releases and they are all $205 a pop plus Adidas just flushed the market with Yeezy's.  Me personnally, I can afford to drop $1000 on kicks in a month and a half timeframe but many people cant. Thats why there are so many Jordans still in stock at stores.
Ok, I see what you're saying. So you mean from an average consumer's standpoint. In that regard, I agree to a large extent.

Seen your explanation, still disagree.

This is still the absolute best time... Also, you guys keep forgetting. Nike already SOLD these pairs to any outlets other than Nike itself.

Jordan Brand ATE off of this release, trust me.

Seen your explanation, still disagree.

This is still the absolute best time... Also, you guys keep forgetting. Nike already SOLD these pairs to any outlets other than Nike itself.

Jordan Brand ATE off of this release, trust me.
This is the same comment I sent to another dude about this this release.

"What I'm saying is, they flooded the market with too many releases and they are all $205 a pop plus Adidas just flushed the market with Yeezy's.  Me personnally, I can afford to drop $1000 on kicks in a month and a half timeframe but many people cant. Thats why there are so many Jordans still in stock at stores."

This is the same comment I sent to another dude about this this release.

"What I'm saying is, they flooded the market with too many releases and they are all $205 a pop plus Adidas just flushed the market with Yeezy's.  Me personnally, I can afford to drop $1000 on kicks in a month and a half timeframe but many people cant. Thats why there are so many Jordans still in stock at stores."
I know, I said I seen your explanation.

I still think the real logical reasoning for these "sitting" is because they made tons of them. It's not because of "quality" issues because the average consumer/sneaker buyer doesn't care. It's mostly us hardcore NikeTalk members.

Also, Yeezys were limited even with 3 colorways dropping on the same day, the people who missed out probably used the money on these or waiting for the SJs.

Last edited:

I know, I said I seen your explanation.
I went to the Nike store yesterday, the following were available; Kobe 9s, Black/White/Red 9s, Blue/Gold 5s, True Blues 3s, about three types of 1s.  Boyz just copped the Blue Suede 12s. And you still have 7s, 3s, 16s, & 6s releasing this month after the Space Jams 11s. WTF 

Maroon 11s for kids are gonna run $220. They coming out this week. 

Adidas dropping some new Yeezys this month also. The market is flooded.

If you purchased every pair of new Jordans and Yeezy releases this month, that's about $1500 outta pocket.  I mean Christmas is right around the corner.  

This is a great time to release some exclusives but flooding the market with random *** Js is not a smart move by JB. 

Last edited:
Just returned my pair today at the Carlsbad Nike Outlet. I walk in there and dude was like lemme guess True Blue 3s? Lol. He said that's their 5th pair over the weekend and they had a few on display on top the counter. As soon as he opened the box he was able to point out all the flaws immediately.

Love the shoe and am glad I got myself a clean pair coming this week from a FTL employee who picked it out for me and used their discount.

Funny how some people were putting down the quality of the 88s basically saying these were on par with these

Glad I didn't bother wasting my breath arguing with them. Every release there's always a few people saying some idiotic things that make zero sense.

Dudes probably got them air randy joints, the leather and tongue were SOFT just like that video, none of this vinyl tongue and cardboard stiff upper

I just received my pair today and I am 100% Satisfied !    My pair has  Zee-ro Flaws finally a release I wanted and grabbed so easily I hope I have the same luck with the Space Jams.

An earlier production date on these is definitly better . What productions dates do you have the ones that kept their pair . Im returning my nikedotcom pair and keeping thw finishline pair .....glad i opened yhw fl pair because i was gonna return that one !

I get why everyone (including me) has been comparing 2016 TB3s to 2013 WC 88s: The price point and the back tab.  However it's worth noting that every TB3 release has had the stiff vinyl tongue - it's a different shoe that uses different materials on a few parts (tongue, eyelets).

It's not really correct to criticize the "quality" of one because it (correctly) uses different materials than the other...

Last edited:
5/25/16 - 7/21/16
no elephant print issues, perfect cut
shoe trees kind of flimsy though
the blue is perfect
a couple of paint blemishes around the heel and air pocket
all in all my OG True Blue 3s lookin good :smokin

I get why everyone (including me) has been comparing 2016 TB3s to 2013 WC 88s: The price point and the back tab.  However it's worth noting that every TB3 release has had the stiff vinyl tongue - it's a different shoe that uses different materials on a few parts (tongue, eyelets).
View media item 2252057

It's not really correct to criticize the "quality" of one because it (correctly) uses different materials than the other...

That's fair, I assumed it should be a flat crap leather on the tongue but wasn't sure if the OG was like that or not

But what about the rest of the shoe especially the leather upper :nerd:

^No doubt, the craftsmanship on this release has been HORRIBLE.  The sheer number and variety of flaws is incredible...

Last edited:
5/25/16 - 7/21/16
no elephant print issues, perfect cut
shoe trees kind of flimsy though
the blue is perfect
a couple of paint blemishes around the heel and air pocket
all in all my OG True Blue 3s lookin good :smokin
nice seems that earlier production dates is better .

Back
Top Bottom