OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Sold my 2016 TB a week ago. I just couldn't handle how different that shoe is compared to the better Black Cement quality from this year. Polar opposites.

I keep thinking i want a pair of these but keep reading how everyone didn't like the quality on these keeps me away. Considering getting the Katrina's instead but i just cant seem to think i rock red very well at all...

I keep thinking i want a pair of these but keep reading how everyone didn't like the quality on these keeps me away. Considering getting the Katrina's instead but i just cant seem to think i rock red very well at all...
Anything can be rocked aslong as you do with confidence. I've seen a dude pull wit faded glory shoes from Walmart

Don’t waste money on these.

Sold my 2016 TB a week ago. I just couldn't handle how different that shoe is compared to the better Black Cement quality from this year. Polar opposites.

I love/enjoy your reviews Marv in every way. I beg to differ in regards to my pairs quality... One of my BC3 had lite tumble with a flat black look. While the other shoe was very tumbled with a more sheen looking black... Left shoe came pre-creased as well....

20180218_232511 (1).jpg
20180218_232417.jpg
20180218_232422.jpg

20180218_232410.jpg
20180218_232802.jpg

Wasnt tripping though.. On feet you couldn't tell the diffrence...
20180802_222844.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not one to put the retro's under a microscope, but holy hell after seeing/ being reminded of the original elephant print height on the OG's, compared to the retro's it's not even funny how bad it has been botched these days. In some cases it looks to be double the height compared to the ones in the catalog photo above.
I want an nt petition to have that fixed don't care how long it takes to have that fixed I feel like it would be worth making and given it would probably save them money too, less material used per pair. plus it looks about 10x better. theres a million little things they could do to make their retro models look/feel better on foot but they won't like the Jordan 6 retros for example these shoes have a shorter tongue compared to og pairs, that would be a nice fix. or the lower cut of shoes/weird shape on the retro 3456 especially the sockliners/ankle areas and the lack of padding on tongues & ankles. Will nike ever fix any of this? prolly not since it would cost 20 cents more per pair, I been leaving it on the shelves but I don't think they give a dam about my $ haha. OH AND FIX THE COLORS NIKE PLZ mainly the red pairs they've been slacking on imo, though maroons color was ok.

Will never understand the hate that '16 TB's got. We'll go another 10-12 years without seeing them and '16's will be everyones grails all of a sudden

Na they’ll just hate on these as usual lol. Cats out the bag with the perception that these were supposedly “not a good retro”. Most dudes couldn’t even tell you why they hate them other than what they heard some YouTuber or other people on here say lol.

Last edited:
Na they’ll just hate on these as usual lol. Cats out the bag with the perception that these were supposedly “not a good retro”. Most dudes couldn’t even tell you why they hate them other than what they heard some YouTuber say lol.

Most of the crying comes from the red liner of the tongue being so pronounced. Will admit they could've made the liner better but its a long over due OG feature that altered the identity of the retros by not being there. These boys don't know nothing about a Chicago Cubs jersey with these

Alot of the complaints seem warranted depending on the sizes. The thick ep, the color of the ep, the tongue liner, the toe box, overall shape, all that for the price. But my 11.5 seemed a bit better, to me. Still, those issues should have fixed considering the "remastered" jordans campaign.

I don’t hate them but I bought them for retail when they came out and returned immediately cause the “leather” was the same material as foams

Later bought a vnds pair for a good price but sold them when the black III’s came out...they murdered my toes when I wore them

I thought these were solid. My only gripe is they run a full size smaller. Had to go with a 13 in lieu of my normal 12.

these and or concords are next on my list of backtracks, and I am thirsty to add lol! ^dh’s shots above are cleaaann.

Back
Top Bottom