Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Man.

Friday Night Lights & Any Given Sunday are my 2 Fav sports movies of all time.
Man Any Given SUnday is my joint. That part where they are on the field, and that Outkast song is playing. Man thats my hype part right there

Man I'm not sure how realistic this Tyrant could be. The son of a MiddleEastern Leader leaving for America, marrying an American woman and coming back home and being welcomed, I don't know man, not seeing this as a real life something that can happen, but the show, is going to be super entertaining man, for sure. I'm on it now.

Starting ep 2 in a few seconds

Last edited:
Damn you lucky Americans got access to all the dope shows.

No netflix here no nothing. Even when we get the big time shows like Breaking Bad we're always weeks late.

Gotta go with that pirate method for now 
laugh.gif

Just started watching first episode of The Walking Dead 

Last edited:

No netflix here no nothing. Even when we get the big time shows like Breaking Bad we're always weeks late.

Gotta go with that pirate method for now :lol:  

If you have a Netflix account get a chrome extension called Hola. It let's you "change" the country so you can access titles that other country's have.

MobCity is another dope show.
I forget where I watched that Peaky Blinders at though. I'm still looking

Theres a Norwegian show called Lillyhammer. Dude from the Sopranos gets put in witness protection in Norway. Accents from the Norwegians are thick as hell and some ofthe pirated eps arent subtitled. Still worth watching if you can find it.

Theres a Norwegian show called Lillyhammer. Dude from the Sopranos gets put in witness protection in Norway. Accents from the Norwegians are thick as hell and some ofthe pirated eps arent subtitled. Still worth watching if you can find it.

It was the first Netflix Original show. Season 3 starts end of this year.

Agree. Shame was a fav of mine with her.
Catch her I'm Gatsby and the new Wall Street too. Both of those I think are better movies than two of those you listed.
I had heard that both movies were kinda whatever so I never looked for them but I'll get to them. I've been meaning to hit up Inside Llewyn Davis which she's in. You happen to see An Education?

12-Life on Mars 
3-Broadchurch
13-Hustle
4-Luther
7-Top of the Lake
1-Peaky Blinders (my favorite on the list) Cillian Murphy is that dude man
9-The Bridge (foreign version)
10-The Hour
11-Fresh Meat (Uk Version)
2-Rome (best period show I've seen yet)
5-The Tudors (Henry 8th)
6-Lillyhammer
8-UnderBelly (each season is a different Gangster) dope dope show ONLY through first season (highly recommend) 

After I listed them randomly I ranked them in the order I thought best. Your sleeping on that Peaky Blinders yall, season 2 this Fall

I won't list the ones we've discussed recently though

edit: Forsyte Saga (had to edit and add this, I will add more as I remember) this **** right here man, straight hardcore drama
I know of like half these shows. Luther being the best of what I've seen. I just recently watched The Tudors and reviewed the whole damn thing. Meyers is main draw to the show, he's at his best here. Never lets up even when Henry gets old. I simply haven't gotten around to Top of the Lake, Rome, OG foreign The Bridge, and I couldn't get in to Broadchurch. Of course I saw the trailers for Peaky Blinders. I'll keep the rest in mind if I ever finish off what's on my to watch list.

Gotta go with that pirate method for now :lol:  

Stop watching TWD after S1 or you'll realize you're wasting your time somewhere in the middle of S2 :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: I really liked Walking Dead season 1.. then never caught up on the rest of the show and it seems like I made the right decision.

They have another twd show in the works, hope it's not just a carbon copy of the original show.

I feel that's there best opportunity to do w/e they want. Have it start off in LA or Chi or NYC and go from there. Way better action, better actors, better story.

Cuz surprisingly trying to follow the comic, which was/is great, confined it to a point that it hinders the story along with the budget and bad acting.

Last edited:
Make the setting of the new show in a different country. Want to see more foreign fine women. World Cup has everyone wanting to see variety.

Was watching that movie Concussion on netflix, and saw my bae Beth was a madame/female pimp. Weird. Movie was ok. It was like an nc-17 older woman American version of Blue Is The Warmest Color. That movie has such good raunch.

Catch her I'm Gatsby and the new Wall Street too. Both of those I think are better movies than two of those you listed.
I had heard that both movies were kinda whatever so I never looked for them but I'll get to them. I've been meaning to hit up Inside Llewyn Davis which she's in. You happen to see An Education?
No, I had not heard of it until you mentioned it. I will probably check it out now.
 I know of like half these shows. Luther being the best of what I've seen. I just recently watched The Tudors and reviewed the whole damn thing. Meyers is main draw to the show, he's at his best here. Never lets up even when Henry gets old. I simply haven't gotten around to Top of the Lake, Rome, OG foreign The Bridge, and I couldn't get in to Broadchurch. Of course I saw the trailers for Peaky Blinders. I'll keep the rest in mind if I ever finish off what's on my to watch list.
Yea Tudors was good. Rome is twice as good as that. Rome is better than Spartacus or any other period piece like that. I''d put Rome over GOT, by a slight slight margin. The story is superb. 

Luther was good. Peaky Blinders would be the first I'd watch on that list even over Rome because you havent seen it before, in terms of other shows that may be similar.

What does your "next to watch list" look like?

Didn't see these posted.

I'm hype for both of these. I'm a fan of old hollywood, hopefully this is everything I hoped Saving Mr. Banks would could have been, that style, that flare, that class, the things that made holywood. I'm into these type of vampires, not those sparkling little a*****. This also gives Dracula a good backstory, he's always been a cult hero but this story softens him up and gives him an origin story which people can actually cheer for.

^^^Could be interesting. I was watching something on TV recently about the real dude who inspired the Dracula legend and he actually is a heroic figure in Romania. He did a ton of brutal, nasty stuff, but kept the country from getting taken over on a few occasions. Very interesting story. I wonder if this new movie gets into all that.

No, I had not heard of it until you mentioned it. I will probably check it out now.

[thread="287925"] [/thread]
[thread="287925"] [/thread]

Yea Tudors was good. Rome is twice as good as that. Rome is better than Spartacus or any other period piece like that. I''d put Rome over GOT, by a slight slight margin. The story is superb. 
Luther was good. Peaky Blinders would be the first I'd watch on that list even over Rome because you havent seen it before, in terms of other shows that may be similar.

What does your "next to watch list" look like?
I'll keep it to tv shows but there's a whole other list of movies that get in the way of this too. Like I said I just put away a good amount of time finishing The Tudors (which I only watched when I found out The Borgias 4th and final season got cancelled :smh: ) and I was watching other movies around that during some breaks.

Kinda caught me in between during that summer period after shows have just ended and before new stuff starts and this is the stuff I just finished:

The Tudors
Orphan Black
Louie
Fargo
Penny Dreadful
Californication (wasn't all that good)
The Americans
The Good Wife
S2 of Orange is the New Black
Vikings
Mad Men (1st half of the final season)
Shameless
True Detective

I'm currently watching:

Black Mirror (watching eps right now)
Tyrant
Halt & Catch Fire
Suits
The Leftovers (dunno if I'll keep up with the whole season)
Chosen
Dracula (I'm thinking of giving this a second try cuz of Meyers. I mainly stopped cuz it conflicted with something else I watched at the same time)
I'm kinda watching 24 Live Another Day for the absurdity of it all :lol: (basically a guilty pleasure)
Rookie Blue (guilty pleasure)

On the to watch list after that:

The Bridge S2
Masters of Sex S2
Ray Donovan S2
Peaky Blinders
Derek
The Office UK
Maron
Rectify
American Horror Story
Copper (I fell off of this after watching like half of S1)
Turn (Fell off of this too after like 4 eps, not sure if I'll return. Not sure if there'l be a 2nd season. I might watch the stuff I missed it if it's cancelled)
Justified

Then there's the other stuff later this year coming up that I'll continue to watch like Boardwalk Empire, Newsroom, Hell on Wheels, Person of Interest, Elementary, Sherlock, Hannibal, etc.

Last edited:
I'm currently watching:

Black Mirror (watching eps right now)
Tyrant
Halt & Catch Fire
Suits
The Leftovers (dunno if I'll keep up with the whole season)
Chosen
Dracula (I'm thinking of giving this a second try cuz of Meyers. I mainly stopped cuz it conflicted something else I watched at the same time)
I'm kinda watching 24 Live Another Day for the absurdity of it all
laugh.gif
(basically a guilty pleasure)
Rookie Blue (guilty pleasure)

Id finish Black Mirror because its short, and Tyrant is 2 eps in and Halt is 3 in. 

You'd be doing yourself a favor if you put Peaky Blinders next before suits.

Just my opinion. 

I caught Tyrant 1&2 last night. Man, surprised. Good

Came on TV....everytime :frown:

man.. Derek luke deserved better in the marvel universe.. should have been BP..

I guess it's on boseman now
Yeah, imo he should've been Falcon. Probably could've been BP too though. Yet they stuck him with Gabe Jones in Cap1 and it really wasn't even a slightly important role.

I wish dude would get a new agent or something. It hunk he almost 40 and all that talent wasting away. Son got like 10 great performances in him.

On a related note, I probably should re-watch FNL and eventually check out the tv show version.
Id finish Black Mirror because its short, and Tyrant is 2 eps in and Halt is 3 in. 
You'd be doing yourself a favor if you put Peaky Blinders next before suits.
Just my opinion. 

I caught Tyrant 1&2 last night. Man, surprised. Good
Well I'm currently watching as in I'm already watching those shows weekly and I been watching Suits since day1.

I'd be watching PB if it were on tv here but it's not so I'll just wait and watch eps online.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom