Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

i honestly have no clue if i saw the last avengers movie. i wanna say i did but was just really baked and forgot.

then again, that could've been the first one.

Last edited:
7.5/8 for me on Avengers: Age of Ultron and better then the first one

Not as fun as the first Avengers but the pacing is much improved, never a dull moment

Ultron is a greater villain then Loki

Action sequences are :smokin

Everybody got to shine

i think it didn't get as well praised as the first one critically because the novelty and experience of seeing all the Avengers for the first time together is no longer there and critics are starting to get sick of comic book movies unless they are crossing genres like Cap 2 was a spy thriller and GOTG was a space adventure

:smokin :smokin :smokin to ScarJo, Olsen, Smulders, Kim, Atwell

Watching again on Sunday

Last edited:
today is the day bruhs!

cant wait 
pimp.gif

Avengers AoU was better than the first one but outside of the action & the comical aspects, the movie was meh.

Josh Whedon is a better version of Michael Bay, seriously. I also think Whedon shouldn't be writing these scripts. He' writes corny/hokey story lines.

The Hawkeye story line was really generic. It was a cheap attempt to flesh out the character & tug at the heart strings of the audience (as if Whedon was pandering to the female audience or something).

The black widow & Banner storyline was waaaay too forced to me. Ruffalo & Johansson are good actors but they delivered terrible scenes & lines.

The special effects, especially the first battle sequence were really subpar to me. It looked dated already & also very video gamey. I kept thinking Independence Day throughout the film.

This might be the last marvel movie I see in theaters unless my son wants me to take him.

I did enjoy seeing Andy Serkis in person though. :smokin

I am glad my 11 year old enjoyed it though... When he asked what I thought of the movie, I had to tell him it was nice. :rolleyes :smile:

Edit - I wish I would've went to Ex Machina instead. :stoneface:

Last edited:
Avengers 2 review with spoilers.

LOVED the film overall, but I did feel a smidge of something "missing" and I think what that was was the mystique of the first one, being in fact, the first one.

It felt, like the sequel that it was, even tho it was the "better" film, that feeling never left me.

Love the writing/wit/humor. You can tell the cast itself is really close, and they play off each other perfectly with their dialogue. The timing, the jokes all throughout, just made the film that much more fun.

Some of the imagery they had. :wow:

The action, CGI, is all top notch, no doubt, but it is starting to wear on me. The San Andreas trailer played before the film. Building falling apart, skyscrapers collapsing, oceanliners crashing thru cities, mass destruction. The first Avengers, battle of New York, same thing. Captain America Winter Soldier, in Washington, same thing. I get it. Cities tear apart. Millions of lives extinguished, instantly, and they tell Language jokes. :\ That's that darkness this series misses on. The Nolan trilogy had it, the desperation, the neverending fear, always on edge.
Despite how bad *** Ultron was, I was never for a second worried. They made it too easy. And for a second, I had hope. The vision they gave Stark, with everyone dead. :wow: :wow: :wow: That should have been soooooo much more. They should have played that up, BIG TIME. They should have gone with Stark truly, TRULY darkened from that vision. Change the tone completely, to show true desperation. They basically went to a house, licked some wounds, chopped some wood, and went back at it. |I

I get it, the Avengers IS the lighter, fluffier, friendlier, more visual comic series. And they succeed at that. But to have a truly GREAT, ELITE film, you have to have the villain, the tone, the darkness that **** is really ****** up. And they can't get that by tellin jokes for 2 hours. And because of that, they will always be behind the others. To me, Winter Soldier still is the best film of the Marvel verse, to this point, and that film did have it's humor moments. But the threat was SEVERE. And the Soldier himself was a SAVAGE with it. Ultron was just a dime a dozen over and over and over til Vision turned off his router.

Even Loki seemed to be a bigger threat than what Ultron ultimately turned out to be. With all those robots, it was just 10 minutes two different times of all the Avengers Hulk Smashing them. Couple cuts, a bullet wound, meh. 950 robots broken tho.

Individually, they all did really well. They didn't over focus Stark, that was good. Cap was great, Thor was very good, I didn't need all the Natasha/Banner stuff, but I can overlook that. Come to think of it tho, why? Why was that there? There was no inkling of that coming in any of the other films, shows, etc, why suddenly have it? That should have been muted. Hawkeye of course really stepped up this go 'round. The "I have a bow and arrow" quip was perfectly placed, and a great move for him. Quicksilver was a lot of fun, I was a little put off by the accents tho. Witch tho........ man. :frown: I did not expect that. C'mere baby girl. Girl was lookin GOOD in that final clip, well, the whole movie, but especially that last scene.

Solid move havin time for Maria Hill, Falcon, War Machine, and Fury. Didn't overdo it, but let them have a moment of shine here and there to balance everything else out.

When Vision picked up Thor's hammer :wow:

Liked the introduction of Vision, they pulled it off well enough, even if we're all taking a leap of faith with the hologram brains merging and not merging, etc.

Hulk v Hulkbuster was outstanding. :pimp:

The mind bends that witch put on each Avenger, those are needed more and more. I really think they missed an opportunity there, but then again, this all just leads up to Civil War, and I expect to see some of the stuff I've mentioned in those films, especially with Joss stepping aside.

I loved the film, make no mistake, it's way up there in the Marvel universe, somewhere in the 2-3 range, but it's not immediately number 1. Time might help that however, with more viewings and more things discovered. I did enjoy the Black Panther references, and the shield, Klaw, etc.

Solid 7.7-7.8/8. Not a perfect film, but still really enjoyable, true to the comic book feel and roots, but didn't have the serious tone I needed for true greatness. Look forward to another viewing sometime soon tho. I do appreciate how hard it is to get all these actors/actresses on the screen at once, and each have enough time to make their marks. By the way, the 2:20 view time, a breeze. I was stunned when the film was over, didn't feel like 2:20 AT ALL. Really great pace.

LOVED the film overall, but I did feel a smidge of something "missing" and I think what that was was the mystique of the first one, being in fact, the first one.

It felt, like the sequel that it was, even tho it was the "better" film, that feeling never left me.

Love the writing/wit/humor. You can tell the cast itself is really close, and they play off each other perfectly with their dialogue. The timing, the jokes all throughout, just made the film that much more fun.

The action, CGI, is all top notch, no doubt, but it is starting to wear on me. The San Andreas trailer played before the film. Building falling apart, skyscrapers collapsing, oceanliners crashing thru cities, mass destruction. The first Avengers, battle of New York, same thing. Captain America Winter Soldier, in Washington, same thing. I get it. Cities tear apart. Millions of lives extinguished, instantly, and they tell Language jokes. :\ That's that darkness this series misses on. The Nolan trilogy had it, the desperation, the neverending fear, always on edge.
Despite how bad *** Ultron was, I was never for a second worried. They made it too easy. And for a second, I had hope. The vision they gave Stark, with everyone dead. :wow: :wow: :wow: That should have been soooooo much more. They should have played that up, BIG TIME. They should have gone with Stark truly, TRULY darkened from that vision. Change the tone completely, to show true desperation. They basically went to a house, licked some wounds, chopped some wood, and went back at it. |I

I get it, the Avengers IS the lighter, fluffier, friendlier, more visual comic series. And they succeed at that. But to have a truly GREAT, ELITE film, you have to have the villain, the tone, the darkness that **** is really ****** up. And they can't get that by tellin jokes for 2 hours. And because of that, they will always be behind the others. To me, Winter Soldier still is the best film of the Marvel verse, to this point, and that film did have it's humor moments. But the threat was SEVERE. And the Soldier himself was a SAVAGE with it. Ultron was just a dime a dozen over and over and over til Vision turned off his router.

Even Loki seemed to be a bigger threat than what Ultron ultimately turned out to be. With all those robots, it was just 10 minutes two different times of all the Avengers Hulk Smashing them. Couple cuts, a bullet wound, meh. 950 robots broken tho.

Individually, they all did really well. They didn't over focus Stark, that was good. Cap was great, Thor was very good, I didn't need all the Natasha/Banner stuff, but I can overlook that. Come to think of it tho, why? Why was that there? There was no inkling of that coming in any of the other films, shows, etc, why suddenly have it? That should have been muted. Hawkeye of course really stepped up this go 'round. The "I have a bow and arrow" quip was perfectly placed, and a great move for him. Quicksilver was a lot of fun, I was a little put off by the accents tho. Witch tho........ man. :frown: I did not expect that. C'mere baby girl. Girl was lookin GOOD in that final clip, well, the whole movie, but especially that last scene.

Solid move havin time for Maria Hill, Falcon, War Machine, and Fury. Didn't overdo it, but let them have a moment of shine here and there to balance everything else out.

Liked the introduction of Vision, they pulled it off well enough, even if we're all taking a leap of faith with the hologram brains merging and not merging, etc.

The mind bends that witch put on each Avenger, those are needed more and more. I really think they missed an opportunity there, but then again, this all just leads up to Civil War, and I expect to see some of the stuff I've mentioned in those films, especially with Joss stepping aside.

I loved the film, make no mistake, it's way up there in the Marvel universe, somewhere in the 2-3 range, but it's not immediately number 1. Time might help that however, with more viewings and more things discovered. I did enjoy the Black Panther references, and the shield, Klaw, etc.

Solid 7.7-7.8/8. Not a perfect film, but still really enjoyable, true to the comic book feel and roots, but didn't have the serious tone I needed for true greatness. Look forward to another viewing sometime soon tho. I do appreciate how hard it is to get all these actors/actresses on the screen at once, and each have enough time to make their marks. By the way, the 2:20 view time, a breeze. I was stunned when the film was over, didn't feel like 2:20 AT ALL. Really great pace.

I'm not going to read the review yet, but I'm guessing CP came in at 9/8. Someone tell me if I'm right.

I'm not going to read the review yet, but I'm guessing CP came in at 9/8. Someone tell me if I'm right.

No sir. 7.7-7.8/8

mean.gif
 c'mon guys, the whole point of the x/8 rating is so that we can have fun with it and come up with different ratings since nobody ever things of  ratings out of 8 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't eem acknowledge vehicle force. 5 lions, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow.

Thas Voltron, not that other bull ****. :smh:

^ me either.. I had to google search it.. Then I vaguely remembered vehicle

They can go with the plot from the cartoon movie.. 4 of the lions are operational.. And they can't find the key for the 5th lion so no voltron

Last edited:
Avengers AoU was better than the first one but outside of the action & the comical aspects, the movie was meh.

Josh Whedon is a better version of Michael Bay, seriously. I also think Whedon shouldn't be writing these scripts. He' writes corny/hokey story lines.

The Hawkeye story line was really generic. It was a cheap attempt to flesh out the character & tug at the heart strings of the audience (as if Whedon was pandering to the female audience or something).

The black widow & Banner storyline was waaaay too forced to me. Ruffalo & Johansson are good actors but they delivered terrible scenes & lines.

The special effects, especially the first battle sequence were really subpar to me. It looked dated already & also very video gamey. I kept thinking Independence Day throughout the film.

This might be the last marvel movie I see in theaters unless my son wants me to take him.

I did enjoy seeing Andy Serkis in person though. :smokin

I am glad my 11 year old enjoyed it though... When he asked what I thought of the movie, I had to tell him it was nice. :rolleyes :smile:

Edit - I wish I would've went to Ex Machina instead. :stoneface:

Always knew I could count on you to give a real review

That Hawkeye story was so weak. Straight up gave him the Brian treatment from Furious 7. It also went on for so long that it kinda sucked the air out of the movie.

Also didn't like how any conflict between Tony and the other Avengers was pretty much dropped by the final battle. They should have kept some semblance of tension, especially in that last scene with Steve and Tony, to lead into Civil War.

I can definitely see the hate that "Only God Forgives" gets.
For me, though, it gets better every time I watch it.

Huge KST fan though, and it's been that way since Under the Cherry Moon.
My god that was my childhood slimmy. Her and Wendy and Lisa from Purple Rain.

Last edited:
Only God Forgives had dem aesthetics, need to watch it again soon.

Dude rly said "I wanna **** a 14 year old", tho.

Groce.

AoU was solid.

My dude Vision, :wow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only God Forgives was all visuals though, the screenplay definitely left more to be desired.

Love Refn's films but it didn't do enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom