Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation

Ethan Hunt is approaching Bond status in terms of brains, brawn, and lives. The fact he’s survived these first 5 films tells you he will never, truly, be in danger. :lol:

Overall, loved this one. The villain was ruthless and upped the mental ante, the chick was flat out bad *** and hopefully will be in further installments. Alec Baldwin was a nice touch in terms of the douchey paper pusher tryin to slow Hunt’s crew. Renner was ok, not special, but did his job well. Made us believe he was a heel, when really he was just doin what Hunt lays out. Paramount had him in mind to take Cruise’s place, but instead he just slots into a role perfectly. I thought he played the part really well between Cruise and Baldwin, enough to have us trust him, enough to have us not trust him. (I legit thought he was gonna burn Hunt when he called Baldwin in midair) Ving Rhames felt a touch out of place, but he of course deserves to help out when called upon. Pegg has really evolved into his role from how he started in the second one. I thought he was great, and a complete mismatch from Cruise’s character.

It was good to see them cool just a tad on the Cruise can beat anyone he wants up or make up for decades of not firing a gun in film to shooting them nonstop the past couple flicks and go back to a more mindful Mission Impossible where he has to outthink his opponents. One other nice touch was not having 85 faces on speed dial, that was getting real old. They only did it once this time, and it was actually the appropriate time to use it. (to convince Baldwin and the Prime Minister) I think it was the second one where they pulled that move a good 5-6 times, including having like random guys faces in their backpacks just in case. :lol:

This was moreso a chess match between equals, and the girl was the one with the most action in the whole film. (and she was tremendous) She had the breakout, the knife fight, the motorcycle scene, the assassination attempt, saving Hunt’s life in the water, she was a savage. Meanwhile Hunt and Lane matched each other step for step in terms of who would get the upper hand and outsmart the other. Was a lot of fun seein the thinking part of Mission Impossible rather than just the crazy stunts impossible stuff. Kind of brought a little bit of a balance to the way they had been starting to lean which was in the mode of Fast and Furious where the up the stunts with each film, but not really the smarts. This to me brought more of the first MI, just not as confusing as what the first was.

6.5-7/8 and lookin forward to the 6th film :pimp:

saw speed this weekend. enjoyed it. hadnt seen it in a while.

Last edited:
Benji first appears in the 3rd movie... unless you're ignoring MI2... which you almost should... NVM forget what I said. He appeared in the second movie MI:3

MI:2 the John Woo directed on with Thandie Newton. Nah I don't remember Simon Pegg in that one but he was in 3,4 and 5 (Rogue Nation)

Trainwreck couldv'e been a pretty good movie if Amy Schumer didnt headline and if Lebron and other famous athletes didnt make a cameo

Bruh :rofl:

When she did that dance at the Ball Game on Trainwreck, as the finale she went for that trampoline flip dunk and said "did I make it", he said "what, oh of course not, you didn't get enough height"

Last edited:
Checking out True Story now

Why my dude have to get fat again
mean.gif

Hmmmm going to have to cut the movie short but I feel dude is using Johan to get his word play right for court.

I'll find out later on tonight

Just watched Eyes Wide Shut..have to process what i just watched. Might have to watch another time to pick up on certain scenes..one thing I noticed was it seems they were out to get Bill from the jump with the prositute he almost had sex with that late ended up having HIV. I think she was the woman later at the house that walked up to him but was interrupted by the girl who got sacrificed..I enjoyed it though. Chilling movie and now i see why it's so controversial

Did not understand what was going on that movie , oddly enough I enjoyed it regardless :lol:
I miss those 90's style Christmas lights

Chuck klosterman has a crazy theory on that movie that kind blew my mind a bit

Last edited:
Eyes Wide Shut is simple guys. Just sends the message that if you go to a crazy orgy party, you should be prepared that someone might die. Its a lesson everyone needs to learn.

he said it on the BS report , and espn has made searching those quite difficult . Let me see if I can find it
edit go to 50:00 they talk about it for a while then start talking about the affair , the showtime show . Bill brings it back up a little after 57 min mark
youtu.be/_2znDat9xcU

Last edited:
I'm watching the old Tom Cruise fantasy movie Legend. **** is trippy man. I wouldn't call it good, but definitely trippy.

I really hope deadpool is good.. Only fox marvel movie I'm looking forward to

they will really have to rely on cool action and humour since if they are being authentic with deadpool there wont be much suspense. he literally cant die 

What do you guys think of Foxcatcher?

I thought it was a little overhyped, but still very good. Didn't think it was in the upper echelon of Oscar films. I liked other films much better. I actually thought that the praise for Steve Carrell was a little too much. I thought Channing was better. And Ruffalo too.

Back
Top Bottom