Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I've always heard about it.
I've never seen it, and now it's on Max and I caught it at the very beginning.

A Clockwork Orange. On it.

Already love the Music. The way the opening credits roll on screen, is just like Eyes Wide Shut.

This movie is the reason I'm into Beethoven. It changed my life B

This doesn't sound like a good idea.

Same writers and director returning?

TBH, I think its always a little dicey to do a sequel to something that came out a decade or more earlier. Never seems to work out that well (notwithstanding my recent admission on here that I laughed at Dumb & Dumber To). It is for that reason I have low expectations for Zoolander 2. I expect finding Dory to be awesome though.

I've always heard about it.
I've never seen it, and now it's on Max and I caught it at the very beginning.

A Clockwork Orange. On it.

Already love the Music. The way the opening credits roll on screen, is just like Eyes Wide Shut.

This movie is the reason I'm into Beethoven. It changed my life B

That was a ride. I wasn't forcing Anything close to that.

Yo was going to check out The Phoenix Incident but couldnt find a stream

Anyone checked out Love, Rosie?

i liked love, rosie. formulaic romantic comedies/sappy nick sparks type s*** are my least fav movies. while LR wasnt groundbreaking it was
very well made imo and enjoyable suberzat1 suberzat1

speaking of which have you all checked out scrotal recall on netflix? ignore the pause-worthy name it's a really good british comedy series about two friends who are attracted to each other and navigate the pitfalls of that situation. if it doesnt get renewed for a second series ill be tight. plus it has bae

:evil:

I know most parody movies suck but has anyone seen Tooken?

:lol: It's a parody of Taken and John Wick, among other aging actors in action movies flicks.

^ saw it on tv the other day and was amazed when I saw the white dude who was on oz back in the day and was on a couple law and orders.. thought he was serious actor

guess you gotta take the paycheck where you can get it

Yeah caught me off guard he was doing it and a few of the cameos.

The way it looks isn't low budget but felt off not like a movie but tv show.

saw mad max :nthat:

:pimp:

One other thing that I cam to appreciate about Mad Max on a second viewing is that, when you think about it, it has crazy action, but is not nearly as violent/gory as a lot of action movies. Plus, there's virtually no cussing it. (I mean, I guess when you keep the dialogue to a minimum in general, its easier to reduce the number of swear words, but still). Not that I object to gore and profanity, but I just think its cool that Miller could create a movie that has constant action without those two elements.

Last edited:
I totally forgot at like the height of his boxing career Roy Jones Jr in media was a thing and he managed to parlay that fame in to some movie roles. Seeing him in The Matrix Reloaded had me like :wow:

Just saw the trailers for it this weekend, but I'm getting all kinds of Devil Wears Prada-type feeling from The Intern. It'll probably disappoint, but still highly interested in watching.

Breezing through Catastrophe (Amazon comedy) today. :lol: It's made the day go by that much faster.

Yo was going to check out The Phoenix Incident but couldnt find a stream

Anyone checked out Love, Rosie?

i liked love, rosie. formulaic romantic comedies/sappy nick sparks type s*** are my least fav movies. while LR wasnt groundbreaking it was
very well made imo and enjoyable @Suberzat1

speaking of which have you all checked out scrotal recall on netflix? ignore the pause-worthy name it's a really good british comedy series about two friends who are attracted to each other and navigate the pitfalls of that situation. if it doesnt get renewed for a second series ill be tight. plus it has bae

devil.gif
I liked Love Rosie, something about her eyebrows...

Alicia from Misfits?

In.

I totally forgot at like the height of his boxing career Roy Jones Jr in media was a thing and he managed to parlay that fame in to some movie roles. Seeing him in The Matrix Reloaded had me like :wow:

Speakin of the Matrix series, it needs to get rebooted. Age well, it did not.

Last edited:
Looking at my tv list of shows I have to catch up on, damn.

Gotta finish ray donovan season 2 and start this season, same with masters of sex. Need to finish black sails season 2, outlander season 1. I have all of season 3 of bates motel too. Started red road season 2 which is good so far. Rectify season 2 is also needs to be watched.

Matrix 1 is timeless to me. a Top sci-fi of all time list. Everything fits well. Us vs. Them, the chosen hero in a new world (still follows the hero's journey motif in cinema). We are with the Hero and its not just about kicking butt as since Neo may be the One he is learning about the world just as much as we are. Sci-Fi is the movie genre that is the most philosophical and this is no exception because the hair raising question is the entire film... (what is real, is this real life?). It was released at a time of internet infancy where as we didn't know what to expect with this new technology that makes information gathering limitless and scare people by simply going to AOL and typing out lyrics to the song that's stuck in your head but forgot the name to.

They created a new enemy for a new generation (those sentinels or Agent Smith or whatever). And its something that we created. The best sci-fi's have always been those that the enemy we created, HAL in 2001 or replicants in Blade Runner. We(humans) deem ourselves intelligence as a source of reasoning for power and want to take down anything above us. The Borg (assimilating AI) in Star Trek Lore and Star Trek:First Contact movie come to mind as well.

It also was a Sci-Fi that changed the cinema game with its special and visual effects and that always leaves a mark on the world.

Matrix 2 drew on those factors for a bit but couldn't carry the movie to positive recognition and #3 was one giant action sequence brought on by #2. Throw those out and keep Matrix 1 and I'm good. 6.9/8

Back
Top Bottom