Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ben samples were destroyed. I doubt a reputable sperm clinic is going to send a fraudulent letter and then release his sperms without his consent.

That's why the ending although left many upset .. long term, it doesn't have a leg to stand on.

TFA at $1 billion worldwide and hasn't even opened in China yet. $544 million in US in 12 days.

Star Wars
Creed
Jurassic World
Terminator

all rough remakes of the original movie littered with fan service :lol:

2/4 were GREAT but still, come on hollywood can we get some new ideas? 

If you're looking for original ideas, you won't find these in big budget Hollywood tentpoles like the 4 films you mentioned.

Countless original ideas being made into films yearly mostly made independently or low budgeted. ie: The Lobster, It Follows, 71, Anomalisa, etc.

Star Wars
Creed
Jurassic World
Terminator

all rough remakes of the original movie littered with fan service 
laugh.gif

2/4 were GREAT but still, come on hollywood can we get some new ideas? 
If you're looking for original ideas, you won't find these in big budget Hollywood tentpoles like the 4 films you mentioned.

Countless original ideas being made into films yearly mostly made independently or low budgeted. ie: The Lobster, It Follows, 71, Anomalisa, etc.
its not about new ideas, people will always have new ideas

its about hollywood only putting money in established properties

but to be fair, the last big budget original idea (Jupiter Assending) was garbage

and interstellar was average at best 

its not about new ideas, people will always have new ideas

its about hollywood only putting money in established properties

but to be fair, the last big budget original idea (Jupiter Assending) was garbage

and interstellar was average at best 

While I agree w/ your assessment of both Interstellar & Jupiter Ascending, both films are huge risks.

Only directors with an insanely profitable resume are given blank checks for movies like the ones they made.

Hollywood only puts (big) money behind movies that will bring a hefty profit.

The 4 aforementioned movies were all formulaic to make old fans happy and to bring in hundreds of new fans.

I fully expect Ep.8 to be completely differ from the rest esp. now that SW has their audiences salivating plus they have Rian Johnson at the helm.

Same with Creed.

Again, if you want original stories, don't look towards big blockbusters.

a big issue with big budget original movies is that its hard to get that level of funding without extensive studio involvement on what goes into a final product

so what may be a great story can be turned into garbage because a studio head thinks they know what's best for a story that is not their own 

a big issue with big budget original movies is that its hard to get that level of funding without extensive studio involvement on what goes into a final product

so what may be a great story can be turned into garbage because a studio head thinks they know what's best for a story that is not their own 

Correct.

The recent Fantastic Four immediately comes to mind.

But at the same token, I can't blame the ppl investing upwards to one hundred million dollars to be hands on.

:lol:

Schindler's List & chill works every time for me.

*Not that anybody asked but I'm sharing that weird *** fact anyway*
:rofl: at the mental image of SL & chill.

Correct.

But at the same token, I can't blame the ppl investing upwards to one hundred million dollars to be hands on.
The parallel between these posts & the Entourage movie plot is astronomical.

Correct.

its perfectly fine to do that, but studios are slowly learning to put the right people in charge to make this style of control work

disney is great with how they control the marvel movies, some might say its too much control but they make sure that they are putting out quality

star wars looks to be the same

fox seems to have no idea what they are doing and people who didnt understand the subject material tried to mess with fantastic 4 and it didnt work at all 

Watched Brooklyn with my girl last night and loved it. Going back sometime this week to see it again solo. Great story my favorite movie this year.

Last edited:
if the people want original ideas, they have to stop going out in droves for these rehashes and sequels

I only spend money on myabe 4 movies max a year. That's why I love tv so much. So many networks and shows that allow people to be creative and flourish.

I think we talked about this in here before, but does anyone else watch Armageddon every damn time its on TV? :lol:

I've never watched armageddon. I have watched the aerosmith music video for it a bunch of times though.

Last edited:
I haven't seen The Revenant or The Big Short yet and I think it'll be 2016 when I do so here's my top 5 for 2015:

In no particular order:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Mad Max: Fury Road

Ex Machina

Bridge of Spies

The Hateful Eight

Doing 5 is really tough because I left off The Visit, Spectre, and Chappie which I liked a lot but didn't love.

i think ex machina is supposed to be in my top 5, but for reasons that have nothing to do with the films I enjoyed steve jobs more

i saw steve jobs in theaters and ex machina on a tiny airplane screen 

Back
Top Bottom