Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:frown:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/geor...ture-mad-max-sequels.html?mid=twitter_vulture

I enjoyed It Follows a lot but it's definitely not for everybody. The score was amazing though, you have to admit that
The score and the visuals were great. I just could not get past the final destination type theme. Maybe I need to watch it again to pick up on clues I may have missed. Like I said, I went in with huge expectations.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - 6/8

Was thoroughly entertained throughout. 

Typical Guy Ritchie film (not a bad thing).

Henry Cavill & Armie Hammer's chemistry was awesome... watching their polar opposite personalities clash & constantly try to one up each other was amusing to watch.

That scene where Superman falls off the boat, ends up eating a sammich in that truck while KGB is still struggling to shake off the bad guys was genius 
laugh.gif

I'm on no fap mode right now so when my darling from Ex Machina was intoxicated & starting dancing/ getting physical with Armie 
embarassed.gif

I saw someone mentioned a sequel is being planned... I figured giving the ending & if so, I'm in. 

Last edited:
The score and the visuals were great. I just could not get past the final destination type theme. Maybe I need to watch it again to pick up on clues I may have missed. Like I said, I went in with huge expectations.

Agree on the score.
It was on point.
The film had excellent pacing and had that 80's feel to it, but modern at the same time.
Being an 80's kid, I was drawn to that.
Superb acting for a horror movie.
Maika Monroe tho :pimp:
Instant classic for me.
Best "horror" movie walking out of the theatre since the original "SAW".

Watching pompeii. jack bauer looks so out of place taking in whatever accent he's talking in.

Attended a free advanced screening of the new Michael Bay movie.
"13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi"

Longer than it needed to be.
Typical 20-25 minute shootouts with dry humor and the usual "how did we get in this situation/what are you gonna do if we live" talk.
I understand it was based off true events, but Michael Bay is garbage.
All the Transformers movies are garbage.
Dude hasnt put anything good out since "The Rock".
Do not recommend.
4/10

Typical 20-25 minute shootouts with dry humor and the usual "how did we get in this situation/what are you gonna do if we live" talk.
Do not recommend.
4/10
i dont get the last line

does the movie come out april 10th?

what would you rate the movie? 

Do not recommend.

4/10
i dont get the last line

Must be a military code thing. Like "4 10 good buddy!" or something.

Between the Heroes/Villains/Civilians and across 2 movies, I don't think that's bad.

Just feel like its a recipe for having too much going on, like I felt was the case with Days of Future Past.
If you end up liking Civil War which is probably juggling 33 characters you'll be fine with Infinity War.

Keep in mind 67 characters doesn't mean 67 heroes and villains. Plus it's over the course of 2 movies.
yeah, if that asian doctor woman in AoU counts as a character than 67 isnt that many for 2 movies

does this mean they are bringing in the netflix squad? :nerd:
Russos still wouldn't say but last time it was brought up Marvel made it sound like they might not, same with the Agents of SHIELD.

i dont get the last line

Must be a military code thing. Like "4 10 good buddy!" or something.
:rofl:

speaking of the shining. i remember watching a video claiming that kubrick was hired by the government to film/fake the moon landing and how the shining was his way of exposing the truth. that was an interesting watch.

Last edited:
Agree on the score.
It was on point.
The film had excellent pacing and had that 80's feel to it, but modern at the same time.
Being an 80's kid, I was drawn to that.
Superb acting for a horror movie.
Maika Monroe tho
pimp.gif

Instant classic for me.
Best "horror" movie walking out of the theatre since the original "SAW".
Funny you make the comparison to the 80's. The first movie that came to mind was a Nightmare of Elm Street.
laugh.gif

And yes lawd @ Maika.

Michael Bay is garbage.
all that needed to be said.. between him and singer/fox, my childhood is being destroyed

TFA, gives me hope for what can be done with TNMT, Transformers and Xmen whenever they are finally given to competent individuals

Between the Heroes/Villains/Civilians and across 2 movies, I don't think that's bad.

Just feel like its a recipe for having too much going on, like I felt was the case with Days of Future Past.
If you end up liking Civil War which is probably juggling 33 characters you'll be fine with Infinity War.

Keep in mind 67 characters doesn't mean 67 heroes and villains. Plus it's over the course of 2 movies.
yeah, if that asian doctor woman in AoU counts as a character than 67 isnt that many for 2 movies

does this mean they are bringing in the netflix squad? :nerd:
Russos still wouldn't say but last time it was brought up Marvel made it sound like they might not, same with the Agents of SHIELD.

Hope they are just keeping this close to the chest

That kind of sounds like he just won't shoot in Australia.. unless he's said somewhere flat out "I'm not directing any more Max movies"

Hateful Eight was awesome. I won't crack my favorite of his, but it's just another stellar addition to his filmography. I loved the mystery aspect and it being mostly confined to the cabin. The performances were all strong, the writing was sharp as usual, and the standard over the top violence you expect. A ton of laugh out loud moments too. I'll need some time to think about it more but right off the bat I really really liked it.

Saw 99 Homes last night. Michael Shannon is under rated. Also, going to see There Will Be Blood (2nd viewing) in theaters at the local Arclight. Daniel Day Lewis has been MIA since Lincoln and is easily one of my favorite actors of all-time.

Saw 99 Homes last night. Michael Shannon is under rated. Also, going to see There Will Be Blood (2nd viewing) in theaters at the local Arclight. Daniel Day Lewis has been MIA since Lincoln and is easily one of my favorite actors of all-time.

In my opinion, DDL is the best actor out there right now. But he just doesn't work as much as some others. Its not uncommon for him to only show up in a film once every couple years. IMDB's not even showing him having anything in development right now though, so he's laying a little lower than usual.

Speaking of DDL, I saw Gangs of New York in the theater in 2002. I remember that being one of my most highly anticipated movie in years back then. Did not disappoint
nthat.gif

gangs of new york had one of the biggest anti-climactic endings ever. I was like wth was that bs.

Last edited:
Damn, I was just getting hyped for new Mad Max after HBO been showing it on repeat lately.

Back
Top Bottom