Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Well, on the lighter side of things, I went to see La La Land tonight. It did not disappoint. Straight 8/8. Best movie I've seen this year (so far).

Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were great together; the chemistry to move so fluidly through the various time periods was fantastic. Both leads were perfect in their characters, and the range of emotion in just a single scene that can span the spectrum was beautifully done. Chazelle will get several Oscar noms, and the Golden Globe noms this earned were well earned indeed.

The story was a simple enough one, but the performances, the music, the cinematography and use of color, everything was done to work hand in hand. Nothing was forced to cover other aspects of the film, and with everything working so well, this will be hard for Chazelle to top. Whiplash was a hard 7 to 7.5, but this topped it. Time will tell how it holds up, and I need to reflect to more thoroughly grasp the themes through the movie, but first impressions were WOW.

8/8 no hesitstion.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting it to be. And it might not be an 8 for everyone, but it was for me. The ending sealed it. It was handled perfectly.

I'm not a fan of musicals; the only ones I can say I'm a fan of off the top of my head are Matt Stone and Trey Parker stuff :lol: I don't like Chicago, Les Mis, Moulin Rouge, etc., but I loved this. It was funny and original, not a hackneyed film out to grab money or be flashy for the sake of it. Again, won't be for everyone, but I loved it.

Episode 7 of Good Behavior is lit. Outside of Game Of Thrones, this is one of the most awkward and crazy tv show dinners i've seen.

Watched Bad Moms with the wife last night, I loved it. Not hilarious to me in the way Wedding Crashers is, but still funny enough for me to laugh at a few parts. And watching with my wife made it even funnier. :lol: :lol:

Only problem I had was looking at Mila Kunis as a mother of multiple teenagers. They looked older than she did. :lol:

Still, it was every bit as funny as Bridesmaids was and just as over the top.

Zik, irony for ya, Jay Hernandez is the male lead in this. :lol: Soon as I saw him, I was like, what, really? We was just talkin about that guy.

Didn't know he was in the movie. I been meaning to check Bad Moms out.

Episode 7 of Good Behavior is lit. Outside of Game Of Thrones, this is one of the most awkward and crazy tv show dinners i've seen.
I been waiting for what angle they'd go with the father showing up. That kid got a mouth on him.

They brought in a while other can of worms with being black mattering.

Javier taking dude's bike :lol:

This and Shooter got Tuesdays being the best of the day of the week.

What genre is La la Land?

I don't know how you guys do romantic dramas like you do 
sick.gif

And you give them such high scores 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
What genre is La la Land?

I don't know how you guys do romantic dramas like you do :x  

And you give them such high scores :lol:
Expand your mind bruh. Quality is quality. I bet you scared to listen to R&B with your boys in the car, too.

Expand your mind bruh. Quality is quality. I bet you scared to listen to R&B with your boys in the car, too.

Scared? No.

We dont do **** like that though :lol:.

I still listen to Enter the Dru when im in the mood for it though.

Just never been a fan pf romantic dramas and very few romcoms.

Scared? No.

You probably don't even hold your boys hands when you in line for starbucks :smh: La La Land aint like Moulin Rouge or that one movie where everyone has AIDs, it's a legit good film. Top quality story, writing and acting, amazing cinematography and art direction, best musical score I've heard in a long long long time. Give it a shot bruh, you might like it :wink:

Scared? No.

You probably don't even hold your boys hands when you in line for starbucks :smh: La La Land aint like Moulin Rouge or that one movie where everyone has AIDs, it's a legit good film. Top quality story, writing and acting, amazing cinematography and art direction, best musical score I've heard in a long long long time. Give it a shot bruh, you might like it :wink:

I'm very surprised you didn't like moulin rouge. Something clicked for me with that movie after the second watch. It was that mind expanding moment, I'm not sure how else to explain it.

Will watch La La Land based on your recommendation regardless though [emoji]128076[/emoji]

Man what happened to Spike Lee? Yeah it's been talked about before but still.

Inside Man is so good. Miracle at St. Anna is his last really good feature film. There's then Pariah but that's like an independent joint.

:smh: Just thinking some of his recent work.

it's wild,  also I had no idea the girl with the earmuffs on Scream Queens was Carrie Fishers daughter

Last edited:
it's wild,  also I had no idea the girl with the earmuffs on Scream Queens was Carrie Fishers daughter
I'm convinced she wears the earmuffs as some tribute to her mother. Or the writers have a good sense of humor or something.

RIP to Debbie, I hope nothing else bad happens to their family for a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom