Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Never seen The Big Lebowski, but damn, our first 9/8? That's a pretty strong recommendation, itsaboutthattime. Pretty strong, indeed.

I got a couple.. fincher, Tarantino, Scorsese, Nolan and coen bros all do excellent work of guys still going

But good lord, you've never seen the big lebowski??!!

It'd be funny if they find out nas is a serial killer. Like that guy in Luther who was driving a taxi cab and abducting women.

:stoneface:

Luther was on my list.

Thanks for the spoiler.

Feel like I owe you one.

But I'm not a jack ***

Finally signed up for Amazon Prime and was browsing their video streaming..they got Sopranos and Oz on there :pimp:

Never seen either...which should I start first?

Finally signed up for Amazon Prime and was browsing their video streaming..they got Sopranos and Oz on there
pimp.gif

Oz season 1 is greater than any season of sopranos.

Last edited:
It'd be funny if they find out nas is a serial killer. Like that guy in Luther who was driving a taxi cab and abducting women.

:stoneface:

Luther was on my list.

Thanks for the spoiler.

Feel like I owe you one.

But I'm not a jack ***
This might be another spoiler but every ep of Luther is a new crazy killer and new investigation.

He spoiled a random episode at best. Plus again this may be another spoiler about the format of the show but there is no mystery about who the murderers are on the series. They're usually clearly shown killing ppl :lol:

Finally signed up for Amazon Prime and was browsing their video streaming..they got Sopranos and Oz on there :pimp:

Are you a save the best for last type or get to the best right away?

Either way Oz.

tumblr_mlbren8t8z1r9htz2o2_250.gif

Last edited:
Started The Night Of. Girl in the cab kinda looks like selena gomez without a weird shaped head.
This witness is an idiot. Should've gotten smacked for his terrorist comment.
Damn. This fool done messed up.
He should've been covered in blood when they showed him in the kitchen. Unless he showered after and put his shirt back on.
Dude is wearing sandals and scratching his feet.
sick.gif
Prepare to tilt

Last edited:
Have you guys had a The OA finale discussion yet?
seems like only a few watched it and i don't think any of them liked it, myself included. i've since read other reviews of it and have concluded that there are two types of people who watched it: those who hated it and those who have crappy tastes in tv shows.

Man what happened to Spike Lee? Yeah it's been talked about before but still.

Inside Man is so good. Miracle at St. Anna is his last really good feature film. There's then Pariah but that's like an independent joint.

:smh: Just thinking some of his recent work.

He got some back lash for trying to get his films crowd sourced when he got $$$$.

Haven't heard anything since then.

Fences
5/5
I'd be entertained about anything Denzel talks about, except trains.

I'm a huge Denzel fan but I think Viola Davis out acted him in this one, her scenes were heart breaking :frown:

His brother though :lol:

Started The Night Of. Girl in the cab kinda looks like selena gomez without a weird shaped head.

Be prepared to have the weebey.gif all season.

Sopranos
Oz
Then 6ft under

seems like only a few watched it and i don't think any of them liked it, myself included. i've since read other reviews of it and have concluded that there are two types of people who watched it: those who hated it and those who have crappy tastes in tv shows.
Main reason I haven't watched yet is cuz I haven't found any time to waste :lol:

fwiw I finished it, IMO The OA is one of the crappy series that fall under a special sort of bad.

And I mean this not in a bad way.... The OA was just so over achingly ambitious that I found myself giving the series some strange sense of appreciation. There were a couple individual elements that I really liked (idea of a weird spirituality, knowing of self and worth, after life, the storytelling device used; among others) and they really got me interested. 

However, I think that for myself and many other took all these ambitiously combined elements as trying to create TV 3.0 magic and it was basically turned out into a Sacramento Kings of TV series. The OA contained moments where it tickles your imagination and maybe even found it captivating at times; only to trip over itself.

I give it a special 2/8; that had me thinking for just a brief moment in time but ultimately was so mind numbing convoluted that I had wished I got my 30 seconds back from contemplating the meaning of The OA. Also, my rating would only be a special 1.5/8 had it not been for the intro in the first episode. Those 2-3 minutes had me seduced, dazzled and beguiled into thinking the series would be something it just wasn't.

Good trick writers and creators of the show. 

I tried Sopranos a few times.

Can't get past a few episodes. 

Someone tell me when does it get good?

^^^ im on s3 right now. i would say i became very interested near the midway point of the first season and was hooked by the start of s2. stick w/ it its worth it. i feel like a dumba** for waiting this long to watch when i knew id like it but ah well

I tried Sopranos a few times.

Can't get past a few episodes. 

Someone tell me when does it get good?
It doesn't.
He got some back lash for trying to get his films crowd sourced when he got $$$$.

Haven't heard anything since then.
I'm a huge Denzel fan but I think Viola Davis out acted him in this one, her scenes were heart breaking :frown:

His brother though :lol:
Be prepared to have the weebey.gif all season.
Sopranos
Oz
Then 6ft under
The brother got me at the end. "That's how that goes." :rofl:
She was great as well. Some of the broadway version with denzel/viola are on youtube.

Idk what other actresses are nominated, but hand the Oscar to Nat Portman.

Saw Jackie last night and she was damn convincing :smokin she had her voice DOWN PAT, mannerisms also.

Movie is worth the watch, but expect some jumping around and the main focus being on Jackie O throughout. I was unaware of how calculated and odd she was in the public eye vs her behavior in private.

Last edited:
I checked the vid out but not sure how many movies I'll watch if they didn't list and big budget films as their favorite movies of the year.

One up tho

Anyone seen Golden Girls?
I'm all about comedy.

The old sitcom? I used to watch it when I was a kid. I remember it being funny. But that was years ago. Hard to say what I'd think if I watched it again now.

Back
Top Bottom