Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

giphy.gif

I wasn't feeling how Leila got shot by Jakoby, was assumed dead, was dead, and then as soon as Tikka gets dipped in the Faith pool she miraculously comes back to life. Why man? First my man Arthur dies on Peaky, then comes back to life, now this batch comes back after she's clearly dead.

I'm on my 3rd watch of Bright.
Insomnia, so I ran it b2b2b.
Jakoby is getting blooded right now.

Up next, Big Trouble in Little China.
They have it on IFC's Christmas Movies list.
I can't see why.
I don't remember it being a Holiday Joint.
Going to watch it with a joyous kid Spirit all the same. In the Summer of 87, I watched Commando every morning when I woke up, then break for Breakfast, then Big Trouble in Little China, followed by The Legend of Billie Jean, lunch, tetherball tournament in the backyard, then inside for GoldTape Zelda on the OG Nintendo until the parentals got off work, rinse repeat for the entire God Damn Summer. I loved it!
Time is an illusion, this all seemed to happen just Yesterday. I can remember the smell of that Hot NES after a few hours of play as if it were running hot right now in my Bedroom.

Last edited:
Very nice. So far I've knocked out:

Home alone 1&2
Planes trains automobiles
Santa clause
Elf
Trading places
The night before

Still gotta somehow fit in Die Hard and Christmas story or my Christmas will be ruined this year :smh:

Oh damn, forgot I watched Planes, Trains, & Automobiles too... R.I.P. John Candy...

Merry Christmas everyone...

my christmas movie list

die hard
national lampoons christmas
better off dead
beat street
jingle all the way
home alone 1 and 2
die hard 2
jack frost the killer snowman movie not the family movie with michael keaton

i downloaded the michael keaton jack frost but looked like he died at the beginning of the movie and i decided not to play it. my son gets fixated on people that die.

forgot that beat street was a christmas movie. dat dere xmas rap :pimp:

Can't remember ever seeing anyone discuss Gotham in here, but........

IMG_20171225_190353708_HDR.jpg

My my my my my I need to see what Jim Gordon is up to these days.

Can't remember ever seeing anyone discuss Gotham in here, but........

IMG_20171225_190353708_HDR.jpg

My my my my my I need to see what Jim Gordon is up to these days.

i usually discuss gotham on the dc thread. but ill discuss here if theres interest :nerd:

but in regards your original post,

IMG_0265.PNG

Justice League is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I've seen a ton of them.

How does Zack Snyder keep getting these big films?

i dunno about one of the worst. imo it was average to ok with the last part of the movie being better

I just saw Bright and have tons of questions.

However, I have to ask a few:

When the Orc gets killed and then revived, they call it a prophecy and the others take a Knee. What prophecy are they talking about?

When Will shots Leilah, both of the sisters disappear, I heard the Orc mentioned Sophia. I obviously missed it, but who's Sophia?

What was this mysterious disease old girl had that it could only be cured in water?

Why was everyone fighting for a magic wand that only a bright can handle?

Why was this such a bad movie?

I just saw Bright and have tons of questions.

However, I have to ask a few:

When the Orc gets killed and then revived, they call it a prophecy and the others take a Knee. What prophecy are they talking about?

When Will shots Leilah, both of the sisters disappear, I heard the Orc mentioned Sophia. I obviously missed it, but who's Sophia?

What was this mysterious disease old girl had that it could only be cured in water?

Why was everyone fighting for a magic wand that only a bright can handle?

Why was this such a bad movie?

I may be shooting myself in the foot responding but I'll give it a shot...

1) No idea, I guess the prophecy is a human bright/blooded orc becoming homies.
2) Sophia is Will Smiths daughter in the movie.
3) Too much magic using?
4) No one knows if they can handle a wand until they do. Wands are lit.
5) It's not great, but it's better than a lot of other movies I've seen this year.

Downsizing 5.2/8

What a let down. This is NOT a comedy. Barely interesting at times. In one way while they're not alike it reminded me of Ben Stiller's Walter Mitty movie. Just has that mostly forgettable aspect to it. In comparison even though theyre different types of movies Suburbicon was way way way better than this.

The story itself is weird with the turn it takes after Damon's character got screwed over by his wife. Its a weird journey especially when he's basically the lady's servant cuz hes pathetic and lets ppl walk all over him and then we're with this doomsday cult trying to preserve humanity.

I get the obvious message and the deeper one but overall this story didn't go anywhere. Wiig's barely in it. Sudeikis is barely in it.

Waltz is funny with the character he plays.

There was some nice observational stuff with the context of being super small and humor here and there revolving around it.

But truly the best part of the movie

downsizing.jpg

She was hilarious, insightful, actually invoking feels, and sexy.

Such an understanding father. His role was small but he was very good which I expected given his performance on Boardwalk Empire and other work.

But man I l we I couldn't relate when Elio was telling his dad he almost had sex with that one girl.
5.2/8 seems awful generous... I give it a 3.

Back
Top Bottom