Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

F29DA0C2-F577-4C03-A29E-7A1C4DAA33B0.jpeg

Disappointed to hear the negative reviews about Downsizing.

This got me thinking, has it finally come time to admit a lot of box office no-brainers us 90s kids grew up with are starting to lose it?

- Will Smith
- Tom Cruise
- Matt Damon

to name a few. I'll always watch any of their movies but there's definitely a drop off in quality. Still going to be mad hype for Bad Boys III.

Will Smith and Tom Cruise have never been favorites of mine. Will Smith has skated by on charisma for 20 something years now with
1 or 2 good performances in a sea of garbage his entire career. Dude is really the Rock with only slightly better acting chops and even worse taste in choosing roles

Can we talk about Laura Dern and Baron Davis right quick? That blew my mind grapes

Last edited:
Hit a two-piece today:

RATS 5/8 - Super nasty to see what rats are capable of. It may have just been my copy but it kept breaking for like fake commercials before going to the next country which was weird.

Gee Ohh Ohh Kay (Not the spelling but NT was censoring) 7/8 - Mandatory viewing. Its a different perspective on LA life during the Rodney King riots. Great cast. Some really funny moments. Some important life lessons as well.

Fam, Downsizing has to be one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

How do you make that concept boring?:lol::smh:
EXACTLY! :lol:

Had I paid to see that I'd be mad. I just kind of went with it during the really dull moments.

You really think it might go somewhere after his wife screws him over but meh.
Disappointed to hear the negative reviews about Downsizing.

This got me thinking, has it finally come time to admit a lot of box office no-brainers us 90s kids grew up with are starting to lose it?

- Will Smith
- Tom Cruise
- Matt Damon

to name a few. I'll always watch any of their movies but there's definitely a drop off in quality. Still going to be mad hype for Bad Boys III.
I'm worried about Matt Damon out of the 3.

Tom and Will are/were huge movie stars. Now Matt is as well but I always felt he leaned more towards being an actor worthy of awards based on skill and talent.

The last good movie he was in was The Martian with hit or miss director Ridley Scott. To his credit he was really good in it.

Then he went to the Bourne well again, cashed in for The Wall and now we're here with Downsizing and Suburbicon. I liked the latter cuz the Coen Bros. :pimp: but I can see why it was a dud.

Its kinda like he wants to coast like Liam Need in but he doesnt really have a lane to do that in unlike Cruise or Smith.

Cruise is doing fine. Has another MI movie coming, American Made was funny and wild, before that despite Mummy and the Jack Reacher sequel not being well received he had Rogue Nation and Edge of Tomorrow.
Can we talk about Laura Dern and Baron Davis right quick? That blew my mind grapes
:nerd:
Fury was fine.

Looking back on his filmography so far, Ayer is not that good...
I am of the opinion that it was really good which is why I sort of had hope for dude with SS and even after that didn't just assume Bright would be trash.

EXACTLY! :lol:

Had I paid to see that I'd be mad. I just kind of went with it during the really dull moments.

You really think it might go somewhere after his wife screws him over but meh.

I'm worried about Matt Damon out of the 3.

Tom and Will are/were huge movie stars. Now Matt is as well but I always felt he leaned more towards being an actor worthy of awards based on skill and talent.

The last good movie he was in was The Martian with hit or miss director Ridley Scott. To his credit he was really good in it.

Then he went to the Bourne well again, cashed in for The Wall and now we're here with Downsizing and Suburbicon. I liked the latter cuz the Coen Bros. :pimp: but I can see why it was a dud.

Its kinda like he wants to coast like Liam Need in but he doesnt really have a lane to do that in unlike Cruise or Smith.

Cruise is doing fine. Has another MI movie coming, American Made was funny and wild, before that despite Mummy and the Jack Reacher sequel not being well received he had Rogue Nation and Edge of Tomorrow.

:nerd:

I am of the opinion that it was really good which is why I sort of had hope for dude with SS and even after that didn't just assume Bright would be trash.
Is downsizing worth a movie pass swipe?

Netflix needs to strike a MoviePass-esque deal but let's you watch movies at home. I like the movie going experience but those feels when nobody to go with that would come in handy.

Back
Top Bottom