Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

funny how that cicle jerks - wild in the streets song sounded kinda crazy back in the day and now it's pretty mild.
on a semi-related note, it's always amazed me how jason lee went from one of the top skaters to being a pretty big actor in hollywood, and now he's pretty low key running a skate company and who knows what else. a few people i know are pretty close with him and his company re-issued one of my friend's pro decks recently.

Some plans got pushed back so now I'm watching Flower :lol: :pimp:

Flowers 7/8

It was fun, weird and nasty for 2/3rds of the movie. I really enjoyed it. Then it took a wild murderous turn :lol:

Zooey Deutch was great. Kathryn Hahn was real good.

Don't know the fat kid but he was good as well.

Actually pretty satisfied I stayed back to watch this movie. Unsane was great but this was really good as well.

Idk why but I'm hyped for Pacific Rim: Uprising tonight... maybe because my theater finally got recliners...
im hyped cuz they make my ***** john boyega look like a bad *** in the trailers and he the son of stringer bell

unlike the trash jedi where hes always the damsel in distress and always making himself look like a bafoon

im hyped cuz they make my ***** john boyega look like a bad *** in the trailers and he the son of stringer bell

unlike the trash jedi where hes always the damsel in distress and always making himself look like a bafoon
Exactly why I slightly favor Uprising. Boyega owns the movie and still has the swag and jokes to go with it.

With two 5/8 ratings for PR2, I’ll probably watch it this weekend

The cast got some cute females and I gotta support my boy Boyega, not only is he starring in it but he produced it too

my 'to watch list' is so out of control :smh: i need to take a week off of work and knock off a bunch of movies. would be nice.

Josh Brolin’s most iconic role of course is the Goonies!

Goonies never say die!
109387_josh24.jpg

Game Over Man 4.5/8 - I don't mind flicks like this on Netflix. Whacky. Unrealistic. But I laughed a lot and the cameos were all solid. Wouldn't mind the "Dudes Crew" getting a few more deals.

Just finished watching Annihilation

No rating because I still have no idea what I watched -- the score was excellent though
I'm a sci-fi guy but just didn't get this one either. Not sure I'd really want to watch it again either.

Watched Wonder Wheel last night. It was decent, say 5/8. I went into kind of blind since I saw it's trailer months ago and thought there'd be at least some mob involvement instead of the love story it turned out to be. I barely recognized Belushi when he first came on screen. He's much different than from Gang Related lol.

Death of Stalin 7/8

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Probably the best satire I've seen in a long time.

Just the idea of Russian officials acting like this amidst this chaos after Stalin's death is hilarious.

Rupert Friend as Vasiliy Stalin :rofl:

Had no clue Steve Buscemi was gonna be in this but happy he was :lol:

Simon Beale as Beria was great.

Iannucci and the writers just excelled.

I'll definitely be watching this again once it hits t.v./vod.

7 Days In Entebbe 5/8

A little stale pacing but I enjoyed the political intrigue of the plot. The If I Am in scenes, the Israelis trying to negotiate while the secretary of defense just wanted to go in and invade.

While Pike and Brühle both had good performances the characters they portrayed didn't have an interesting dynamic over what they disagreed about. Was way more confrontational.

The Palestinian plight was pretty well discussed at points while obviously not shown.

Shown a decent light on the freedom fighter or terrorist dilemma. The German holocaust guilt was much stronger throughout though.

The message in the end was quite depressing though. Prime Minister wasn't lying. At this point if negotiations cant be had its an endless war.

Iannucci is top notch with the political satire, waiting for that review. Might have to check it out next time I hit the city
This was expertly cast.

Just great. Between dude playing Beria, Buscemi, and Tambor.

I saw Unsane this morning. Decent, I went into it with high hopes. Wasn't as psychological as i thought it was.
Yeah, off the trailer I thought she'd have an actual mental illness and that she was just seeing her stalker and that maybe we'd discover he wasn't and somethingnelse morr ****ed up happened.

She was definitely acting weird with that dude she was gonna hook up with :lol: :smh: Straight up through herself in to the wall :rofl:

Yeah, I'll be catching Death of Stalin next week. They're actually having a post-film discussion/panel at the little art house theater where it's playing in town, sounds like a good time for a movie like this.

Logan Lucky 6.5/8

Real fun movie. Moved at a crazy fast pace though. Had to catch up to what their plan was on the go. Some was genius and other was ingenious.

Nice little twist ending but it reminds me most of Ocean's 12 and funny enough Soderbergh only directed Ocean's11

Gonna watch Wind River next.

Yeah, I'll be catching Death of Stalin next week. They're actually having a post-film discussion/panel at the little art house theater where it's playing in town, sounds like a good time for a movie like this.
It really is. I actually woukd like to see Russian ppl's reaction to the movie :lol:

Last edited:
saw sherlock gnomes last night. my son brought his blanket and chilled with his box of popcorn and seemed to enjoy it somewhat but it was “not as good as paddington 1 & 2”. i chuckled 1x and that was it. isle of dogs would have been a much better choice but the movie times were just not convenient for us and my wife knows i will only go if the seats recline.

This is what I BEEN TALKING ABOUT as far as JJ Abrams, the filmmaker.

My biggest issue with dude and how he got his reputation but seems to lack a core idea or direction. Unfinished is basically his style.

Its why I wasnt hyped when he was restarting the Star Trek franchise despite the first one being good but the sequel being a rehash or Star Wars showing his rehash skills again with ep VII

I never actually thought to rewatch Felicity to figure that out though :lol:

Wind River 5.5/8

This was cool. Got good for the 3rd act to wrap everything up.

:rofl: a that dude's confession in the end with all that complaining.

Kind of the typical Renner film where he's the lead. Also the typical role for Bernthal in a movie. He seems to always get these roles where it seems it took him a few days to film :lol:

I would say slow pacing or mayne the movie was a bit too long but given the setting the pacing matched. Movie kinda made you feel the coldness and drudging through that snow.

Wind River is the most uplifting Dark Film, that I have seen.
For a film with such loss and ache, I finished it with a deep breath and a sigh of hope.

7.25/8

Logan Lucky 6.5/8

Real fun movie. Moved at a crazy fast pace though. Had to catch up to what their plan was on the go. Some was genius and other was ingenious.

Nice little twist ending but it reminds me most of Ocean's 12 and funny enough Soderbergh only directed Ocean's11

Gonna watch Wind River next.

It really is. I actually woukd like to see Russian ppl's reaction to the movie :lol:

It mostly reminded me of Out of Sight. It's crazy I had no idea that was a Soderbergh film until I looked it up after watching LL :lol:

Back
Top Bottom