Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

American Pastoral 3.5/8

This wasn't good. Other than Connely's beauty and brief nude scene nothing to praise.

This was McGregor's debut directing film as well.

You can see where the story has potential and its not like the acting was bad anywhere but whole script seemed pretentious.

Finally caught Darkest Hour last night.

6/8

Oldman killed it :pimp: movie itself I did enjoy, but wasn't blown away or anything. My gf recently visited the Bunker's last year. We weren't sure if they filmed in the actual location, but she said it was very accurate (if in fact it was all a set).

Sooooo for some reason I had never heard anything about The Reader. Saw that it's on Netflix and still didn't sound very good. MAN I SLEPT! 7.8/8

Bae Kate Winslet won an oscar for this, how the hell have I never heard of it until now? Anyways, young kid falls for a bus change collector lady. They start hooking up on the daily and he reads to her because it's all romantic and what not. It's in Post WWII Germany and sounds like a snooze fest but this joint was epic. It's a must see in my opinion.

Another movie I've never really heard about is It's a Beautiful life. Also on Netflix right now. Looked it up, #25 on the top 200 movies of all time on IMDB. Gonna have to peep that soon. Anybody seen it yet?

Imperium 5.7/8

Radcliffe was pretty seamless and flawless in this. The acting was above average across the board.

Pacing was pretty swift even for it almost being 2 hrs.

Infiltrating a white supremacist group just to prevent a terrorist attack and nab the big name public figures is dangerous as ****. And so easy to **** up. Don't know how they could force a rookie in to this.

Sooooo for some reason I had never heard anything about The Reader. Saw that it's on Netflix and still didn't sound very good. MAN I SLEPT! 7.8/8

Bae Kate Winslet won an oscar for this, how the hell have I never heard of it until now? Anyways, young kid falls for a bus change collector lady. They start hooking up on the daily and he reads to her because it's all romantic and what not. It's in Post WWII Germany and sounds like a snooze fest but this joint was epic. It's a must see in my opinion.

Another movie I've never really heard about is It's a Beautiful life. Also on Netflix right now. Looked it up, #25 on the top 200 movies of all time on IMDB. Gonna have to peep that soon. Anybody seen it yet?
love both of those films tremendously. Beautiful Life is a homage to Chaplin's style of movies (those bloody italians never cease to amaze me) please do yourself a favour, watch tjhe movie then youtube the oscars when it was nominated. I cry every time

love both of those films tremendously. Beautiful Life is a homage to Chaplin's style of movies (those bloody italians never cease to amaze me) please do yourself a favour, watch tjhe movie then youtube the oscars when it was nominated. I cry every time

Oops i mispelled the movie. Life is Beautiful, but yeah you knew what I was talking about. I'll for sure peep that Youtube vid you're talking about. Thanks for the recommendation!

The Titan 1/8

Can you elaborate? I'm a sucker for those sci-fi movies and it looks pretty good from the trailer. Cloverfield paradox bad, or just like alien covenant bad?

Oops i mispelled the movie. Life is Beautiful, but yeah you knew what I was talking about. I'll for sure peep that Youtube vid you're talking about. Thanks for the recommendation!

Can you elaborate? I'm a sucker for those sci-fi movies and it looks pretty good from the trailer. Cloverfield paradox bad, or just like alien covenant bad?
I can't even explain it bad bro.

Just watch it and let us know what you think.

I can't remember to much Cloverfield paradox cause it sucked, but IMO titan sucked more.

Hurricane Heist 3/8 and that might be a tad to high.

17% on RT bad.

Damn what's with watching all the trash movies?

Couldn't pay me to see Hurricane Heist :lol:

17% on RT bad.

Damn what's with watching all the trash movies?

Couldn't pay me to see Hurricane Heist :lol:
Bruh, don't even mention it. I have been watching bad movies for a while now , at least it seems that way.

I did watch The Commuter earlier 4/8 I could rate it lower , but got a bit higher of the fact that it has been more entertaining that anything I seen in a while .

pacific rim 2 6/8

john boyega my *****

ready player one 7/8

loved the music and the silly plot

the death of stalin

6/8

**** was hilarious

the last jedi

0/8

worse than watching my dog die slowly when i was a little boy

:rofl:

Death of Stalin was real fun :lol:

Looking like A Quiet Place, Chappaquiddick, and Blockers this weekend. Maybe also You Were Never Really There.

Last edited:
Got dayum, Last Jedi sounds incredible pumping out of my Yamaha reciever & B&W speakers...

Edit - The ambient noises & the thumping accents coming from the subwoofer is incredible... This movie is so beautifully mixed. Blade Runner 2049 sounds better though.

Edit II - Fight scene is Snoke’s throne room is bananas... Ren’s light saber sounds awesome, the hissing....

Edit III - Hellz yeah, the whole house shook when Snoke’s ship got destroyed & the sleeping pooch got woke up & went upstairs... pictures rattled...

Last edited:
Edit II - Fight scene in Snoke’s throne room is bananas... Ren’s light saber sounds awesome, the hissing....

yea i was waiting for puff and mase to bust out in the background and do the harlem shake. hype williams reallly did a good job there.

images

this was a good movie

murder mystery in a small town

kinda reminded me of wind river, or end of fall

Hell or High Water was a good flick. A modern day western so to speak... Hard to believe Chris Pine's dad was the Sarge from the 80s Chips...

MV5BMjEwMjczOTQzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTEwMDc0Mw@@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Back in the day, I really didn't like The Color Of Money (never been a Tom Cruise fan). I've been catching it on cable recently & have a new appreciation for it, specifically due to Paul Newman... Dude is such a great actor. He had such great screen presence & never had to deliver a monologue to flex his chops, he just is a great actor.

Anybody going to see A Quiet Place tonight?

Going with a chick on Sunday but I’d like to hear your guys reviews before then

Didn’t realize Krasinski directed it and co wrote it too until now

Blockers 5.7/8

Quickly got into things but slow with the jokes at the start. Picked up by the middle and was pretty funny.

Had some real good funny moments. John Cena is actually funny.

A Quiet Place 6/8

Pretty dope. No lame jump scares in this, good plot and subplot. My only thing is how you could even think to bring a child in this world. Plus they never showed any quiet sex.

Shame for those who had to die. This was a well executed movie. Top notch ****. Just reminds me of how much you can do to convey emotion with little dialogue and some sign language.

Chappaquiddick 6.2/8

Clark really performed well in this. Believed he was Ted. Bruce Dern as Joe Sr. was crazy

Ed Helms was pretty good too.

Gonna seen You Were Never Really Here in a bit

Back
Top Bottom