Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

images

this was a good movie

murder mystery in a small town

kinda reminded me of wind river, or end of fall

Anything with Maika Monroe gets a look from me :evil:

You Were Never Really Here 6/8

This **** was wild. A little disjointed but good. The score made things very surreal at moments. Plus the flashbacks and cut scenes.

Things went left quick and just kept going left.

This was like a more grounded Equalizer but with none of that this made by a studio feel. Plus a bit of a twist by the end. Felt way more indie.

Last edited:
Saw Ready Player One late last night... it delivered. It had a couple of plot/pacing issues, but the way they weaved in the pop culture was done so well. The subtle musical cues throughout the movie, the easter eggs and characters, and the CGI was done well too. Definitely worth a second viewing and I should have and still will finish the book.

It was just a fun movie, I think it could have been a big more Spielberg-esque, if that makes sense. Like I wish he just upped the ante a bit but that's just a minor observation. Parts of the plot and characters did feel rushed or underdeveloped, though. That opening race scene was amazing too.

WHY IS THERE NO ONE DISCUSSING A QUIET PLACE?
I DONT EVEN SEE A THREAD FOR IT.

IM BAFFLED FAM. MOVIE WAS DOPE AF.
Krasinski :pimp:
Blunt :pimp:
The directing. The acting. The cinematography. The script.
THE ENDING!! :wow:

The fact that they controlled the entire crowd of a theater with the pure silence was amazing. Something i had never felt before. People were walking on their tip-toes to the restroom to not make any noise. Whenever people started opening bags of candy or chips everyone turned around and gave them mean stares i was DYING. Midway through the movie people weren't even eating popcorn or anything anymore you could tell no one wanted to be the one to make any noise.

Pure genius honestly, ive never seen a movie set the tone not only for the film but also for the audience so quickly. 5 minutes in we all felt invested and we all felt like our noise in the theater was going to affect the outcome of the movie :rofl:
7.5/8 absolutely loved it!!

This wasn't even horror really. Even Krasinski said he didnt like it being classified as a horror.
More of a suspenseful thriller. Once you watch you'll understand.

The theater experience was dope honestly. I dont think it'll be the same at home.
Seeing how afraid everyone in the theater was to even move their feet and accidentally make a noise was crazy. You could tell everyone felt like they were actually in the movie.

Yeah, A Quiet Place is similar to It in that it isn't straight up horror. It had way more humor and childhood realism to it.

I tend to dislike most horror cuz of their simple plots scare tactics, predictability, and everything else being boring.

AQP had the drama and this theme of survival in it, a subplot with the father and daughter that really served the story.

A quiet place

Movie was dope as fukk
This what cloverfield should have been

I low key want to see it again with my lil girl

But it so many dope movies out there we haven’t seen yet

Player one
Isle of dogs
Pacific rim

Saw Ready Player One late last night... it delivered. It had a couple of plot/pacing issues, but the way they weaved in the pop culture was done so well. The subtle musical cues throughout the movie, the easter eggs and characters, and the CGI was done well too. Definitely worth a second viewing and I should have and still will finish the book.

It was just a fun movie, I think it could have been a big more Spielberg-esque, if that makes sense. Like I wish he just upped the ante a bit but that's just a minor observation. Parts of the plot and characters did feel rushed or underdeveloped, though. That opening race scene was amazing too.

Agree with everything here. The Spielberg-esque feel was like a fraction of what he's known for. If that feeling was a drink, what we got in RPO would be Crystal Light. But even that little hint of his influence makes any movie work.

this new docu-series from Netflix about an alleged cult called Wild Wild Country is really good, i'm only on episode 2 and this lady Sheela has me under her spell
i'm ready to join up

Jim Halpert da gawd.

Dude directed greatness. You wrong if you think you need to see this at home. Unless you have a great sound system.

Catch this Dolby or imax. Sound is amazing.

Give my man Mr. Incredible :pimp:

Annihilation was cool, ok sci fi. That score when she finally got to the lighthouse drove me nuts though, it was so tonally weird. Like some horror flick score from the 70s.

Just came from watch A Quiet Place. I was surprised at how quiet the movie theater got, I had to put my popcorn and drink down. A great suspense movie, love seeing krasinski's acting developing from the Office.

A Quiet Place -- 7 / 8

- Krasinski paced this so damn well. Everyone in my theater was silent.
- The score reminded me a lot of Sicario.
- Kid actors were actually solid. You can also feel the love between Krasinski and Blunt (they're married irl).
- Y'all see the beginning scene with all the potato chips still in the store?
- I loved the transitions between sound + deaf girl's silence.
- A man will go to the ends of the world to protect his family.

Agreed with licensed to ball licensed to ball

Back
Top Bottom