Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So right now, should I watch Superfly or Incredibles 2?

The general obvious answer is clear to most but I'm taking some responses I'll inevitably see both.

Plus once I use my mp on either I'll have to finesse it if I want to see either again.

Both are basically 2 hours. Both basically starting after 5.

Busy later so I won't be tripling and quadrupling up tonight.

:nerd:

Last edited:
Split and I'm about to cop a ticket now

Decisions, decisions.

EDIT

Leaned to Incredibles 2 in "iMax". Not as many kids as I would think qnd yeah I been knew grown *** ppl flocking to

Tell me why the movie is starting and they start playing Solo :rofl:

Several ppl just walked out to go tell :lol: In figure I'll enjoy as much as they show th3 second time around. Mad jokes about this "live action Incredibles 2". Definitely some (new) Star Wars haters salty as ****.

Last edited:
Is The Incredibles on Netflix or anywhere? Haven't seen it in a minute. Would love to re-watch before seeing 2.

Are y’all heaters showing a ton of M.I trailers??

Almost every damn movie I seen had that preview. Makes me not want to watch at all.

There’s no way in hell im watching incredibles in the afternoon or even early evening. Not dealing with the ****ing kids and babies :lol:

There were no kids or babies where I was at. Just got out. Just a bunch of teens and adults.

Incredibles 2 was pretty great. 7.1/8. Can't compare to the first one right now cuz I barely remember it in detail.

This was a lot of fun though.

just saw incredibles 2.
-seriously 2 > 1 and that's no over hype. easily 9/10 .
-onlyyy flaw is i kinda figured it out from the previews but i was still surprised.
-went for the 930 am show. still a lot of kids but everyone was so calm and into the movie you wouldn't notice the theater was full of movie

edit..saw tag as well
hilarious and even better since it was based on a true story 7.5/10

Last edited:
Watched Death Wish today. Going in I wasnt expecting much and wanted some background noise and I'm glad I kept my expectations low.

The movie was horrible 2/8 .... the music was beyond wack and didnt fit the scene .... my god ....

At least it was watchable and served its purpose if youbarent expecting a good/great movie ..

Maybe it's because I like a lot of Bruce Willis movies but I actually found Death Wish to be entertaining even if the story was very unrealistic. I'd say 6/8.

Caught Incredibles 2 last night, nothing but adults in there :lol:

I enjoyed it better than the first. The story was kinda more of the same though. Same exact concept as the first movie basically as far as plot. But Jack Jack really stole the show. Probably one of the best things about the movie.

Dunkirk was incredible. I messed up not watching in theatres
I’m glad I saw it in IMAX... terrific experience. Nolan mixes his score very well too...

Winding down for today by watching the rest of Blade Runner 2049 on one of the hbo channels. Feel for K about finding out about himself & Deckard meeting up with Wallace...

Last edited:
I haven’t really loved a Nolan film since Inception

TDKR, Interstellar, and Dunkirk were cool but I never had the desire to watch em again after seeing them in the theater once

So I saw the Superfly trailer months back and thought it was gonna be super whack.

Even though I'm a fan of his work I did not think Trevor could pull off the role.

I also wondered why the only rising star and 2nd most popular actor in Jason Mitchell was even this in a supporting role.

I watched for those 2, Omar, and to see how Director X had progressed as a director.

Coming in with expectations way way way low I actually liked this and enjoyed it. Superfly was solid at best for me.

Action was cool, had some comedy that made me chuckle, not as many corny lines as I assumed, and the females were on point. Had a surprise or two as well.

Now don't get me wrong, **** was wild predictable, cliche at times (especially for what goes for cliche today), and had a weird unbelievability about it but I still dug it.

Michael K. did his thing as expected. So did Mitchell; a role that didn't require much range and he could be typecast for but **** he does it well.

The one sex scene was sexy, cliche, and funny to me but so necessary :evil:

Jennifer Morrison surprised me in this. When I saw she was the detective I was expecting goody twoshoes trying to stop the bad guys but nope. I need her to play an evil corrupt person way more often. So sexy and she made me dislike her so much.

Trevor actually held his own and made the character his own. Acting could've been better but the character work wasn't that strong from a writing perspective. Director X managed to make his fight scenes decent and used slomo right to give a punch some weight. Priest was looking like a c-grade lanky T'Challa.

In the end movie wrapped up mostly predictably but I must say I look forward to having this on in the background frequently and I didn't expect that.

Superfly 5/8

I rewatched tdkr like 4 days ago. Loved it. Every scene is perfect and the score is ridiculous.

Someone said dundirk’s about war more than about the characters, which made me appreciate that film more than when i catch it in theaters.

I didn't like Dunkirk at all. Just wasn't for me. Maybe I need to rewatch.
I feel the same way, kind of want to revisit with a different mindset as I usually appreciate films for what they are trying to accomplish but not sure I want to end up disappointed again.

Back
Top Bottom