Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

his perception of their moves before they made them was wild. the fiancé's involvement in the end was so disrespectful, would've tagged him off that
Operation miscarriage was so ****ed up :lol:

Its why I badly wanted Hoagie's thing in the end to all be a part of his sick plan.

Like reveal it was benign :rofl:

Ocean's 8 5/8 - Great cast. Not the most interesting heist. I wanted more Cate, Mindy, and Rihanna. I don't think I laughed once which was surprising because I remember the other films having some solid jokes between the criminals. Wouldn't mind seeing this series end with the ladies on top (I'm sure it made money).

Took the fan to see Tag. Great summer flick. Just good mindless fun. Great great soundtrack too.

My son found it funny that I was reciting the lyrics to Pharcyde, Tribe, Beastie Boys, Ozzy, & Danzig...

is oceans 8 like ghostbusters where they really only made the movie so they could have an all female cast?

or is it actually a good movie with a fresh story?

Bout to watch Uograde

AT&T got a real good commercial about a girl hopping on a plane to get her man back.

Dude asked her how she get pass security. Shorty lie They let me pass.

.....then while they riding in a car shorty get sick and turns to a zombie.

The airplane scene was wild cheesy but the car ride was serious like it was a real movie trailer......i thouggt it was fir a real movie

The Mountain Between Us 4/8.

Watched for the possible sex scene. Wasnt that good.

Kate and Idris were okay but this story lacked a lot and wasmt immersing at all. Should've brought the viewer in to the struggle, despair, will to survive, and budding romance. Came off weird, stale, and disjointed a bit.

is oceans 8 like ghostbusters where they really only made the movie so they could have an all female cast?

or is it actually a good movie with a fresh story?
Never saw that version of Ghostbusters.

I dont know how fresh the story is. I mean I wouldnt call O12 or O13 fresh. To me the story is behind the trilogy and the OG. It's not bad.

Pretty straight forward with a steal this thing plot with a subplot dealing with something more personal that isnt as strong.

I'd say moviepass the movie or wait until it gets to vod or w/e comes faster and cheaper.

Last edited:
The Mountain Between Us 4/8.

Watched for the possible sex scene. Wasnt that good.

Kate and Idris were okay but this story lacked a lot and wasmt immersing at all. Should've brought the viewer in to the struggle, despair, will to survive, and budding romance. Came off weird, stale, and disjointed a bit.

I'm just glad the dog survived... :wink:

Th Reaping (2007) 5.3/8

Decent little horror movie from back in the day.
I had never heard of it. Just saw Hilary Swank, Idris Elba, and The Governor from TWD as the cast. It's your typical jump scares/spiritual Demons type flick. Pretty good cinematography

I'd say it's worth a watch for s simple popcorn horror flick. Plus half assed Swank sex scene :lol:

Edit* Elba plays the same character he plays every movie :lol:

Watching the Tomb Raider reboot

I really like Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft.

But I don't like the movie itself.

Now I'm hearing talk that they want to move forward with more movies but recast her?

That's dumb. It's the movie that's the problem, not her lol

Incredibles 2 was a fun ride. There were lots of laughs, callbacks to the original and some growth of the young kids, and impressive visuals. Storyline is along the lines of a standard superhero/villain storyline. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first one, no doubt. I thought the short in the beginning, Bao, was great too. That one scene, I was like :wow::rofl:

Incredibles 2 was a fun ride. There were lots of laughs, callbacks to the original and some growth of the young kids, and impressive visuals. Storyline is along the lines of a standard superhero/villain storyline. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first one, no doubt. I thought the short in the beginning, Bao, was great too. That one scene, I was like :wow::rofl:

My girl cried watching Bao. We don't even have kids either hahaha.

life of the party: i find melissa mccarthy kinda funny in some movies. she had one, maybe two ok moments in this one. 3/8
rampage: did the writers come up with the idea of weaponized genetic splicing to make this videogame into a movie? i thought that was kind of clever. movie was pretty boring. 4/8
next up is blockers. i guess its pretty easy to tell that i don't usually go to the theaters and 99% download movies to watch :frown:

Tag was solid. The humor got super dark towards the end and I appreciated it :lol: Dude next to me left 45 mins in and my theater was dead for it though. Full theater though.

Throne of Blood 6.5/8 - This is the first Kurosawa movie I've seen and I'm glad I got to see in on the big screen. Probably my favorite retelling of "Macbeth" I sat on the edge of my seat for almost the entire 2 hour run time. The camerawork and sound effects are amazing for a movie so old. I can't wait to get into the rest of the legendary directors films.

I bet Throne Of Blood was great on the big screen... My favorite Kurosawa flick is 7 Samurai & then Yojimbo & Ran...

Watched this last ep of Bourdain’s cnn show. Each season has been better than the previous one. I loved that he visited Creole & Cajun Mardi Gras.

Not only did the food look fantastic, but he touched on so many little known facts about both cultures. I already knew his but I was geeked when he gave props to black Creole cowboys that prettt much gave birth to cowboy culture in this country & ranching dating back to 1680s...

Man, I gonna miss new stuff from him. What an original OG mfer... rip...

Last edited:
Incredibles 2 was outstanding.

The action set pieces were incredible, the tension and suspense when Elastigirl was in the apartment, Jack-Jack stole the show, the humor... Violet with the water at the restaurant was the hardest I've laughed in a theater in a very long time.

Brad Bird was in his bag in this one.. it was well worth the wait and I need to see it again.

Woooo, that Violet scene with the water had me dying! I was cackling like a fool :rofl:

I'm looking to see it again too, probably finesse my moviepass and get another watch in, or just straight pay for it, whatever. It's worth a rewatch. I'll probably look away or close my eyes during the flashing lights though, I was not feeling that at all :smh:

I'm mad late but I recently found out right before Incredibles 2 that Brad Bird is the voice of Edna Maude.

Had me like :wow:

I'm use to women doing boy voices and men doing women voices but it varies a few degrees where you can still see it.

But son Bird is a TALENTED voice actor.

Back
Top Bottom