Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

giphy.gif

took a trip to japan and loaded homecoming on my phone. had no idea the eps are around 30 minutes long. flight was 9.5 hours and i was done way too soon.

fantastic show. acting was excellent. cinematography and vibe was great. julia roberts was extra ugly in this. 7.6/8

The Mule 5.5/8

This was okay. Couldve been good but had no payoff.

Clint was funny in this. Him playing to the unfiltered old man in damn near every scene was real good.

Movie had stars in it for no reason. Cooper, Peña, Garcia, Fishburne, etc. did not need to be in this :lol:

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse 7.4/8

I dont like to compare live action flicks to animation but Into the Spiderverse was great. Not even gonna argue anyone saying its better than Homecoming. Literally had something for almost every kind of Spidey fan.

Movie put Miles on the map in the best way..

Gonna go home and watch it again.

Aquaman 5.6/8

I mean I liked it more than JL, WW, and MoS.

I totally get all the complaints about this movie being 3 flicks in one and the like but none of that bothered me as much as the spotty cgi in some places and the bland acting, even for a superhero flick.

With the cgi some scenes just looked terrible. Kidman jumping in to the ocean, Aquabro and Mera in the Sahara, some of the underwater shots. Then in 3rd act big fight this movie was mirroring Avatar and Clone Wars to me. Just ugly looking.

What I liked best about the movie was most of the action. When Wan wasn't doing uncessary camera shots and angles the action was real good. Kidman came off like she could fight even with the Hollywood trickery.

Patrick Wilson made a good villain. Way better than playing a hero in Watchmen.

Snyder must've written the opening scene with Aquabro. Just gonna let dude's father die and talk some bull **** about the mercy of the sea.

Hopefully Black Manta kills his mother and father in the sequel.

The watered down similarities to Black Panther was funny too. Aquabro gets washed by his younger bro and gets the blatant interference save. Then in the rematch he doesnt even kill dude basically leaving a liability and threat to the throne. Low-key but obvious Orm is right about surface dwellers poisoning the seas and planet.

You can be serious having Aquaman 0.1 point higher than The Mule. FOH :lol:

The Mule was straight trash. Clint needs to give it up.

You can be serious having Aquaman 0.1 point higher than The Mule. FOH :lol:

The Mule was straight trash. Clint needs to give it up.
Wait you think Aquaman was any better? :lol:

Movie was not good.

If it wasn't for the ending the Mule should get a much higher rating.

Anyone ever see that movie Split? Shyamalan directed it, it starred McAvoy as a cannibal with superpowers and 23 personalities.

I haven't, didn't know Unbreakable had sequels until previews for this Glass film came about. McAvoy plays, "not all the way there" characters well.

Anyone ever see that movie Split? Shyamalan directed it, it starred McAvoy as a cannibal with superpowers and 23 personalities.
You'd probably be disappointed watching the movie. I think the whole appeal to the movie was the twist in the end, and since you already know it, not sure if you'd like it as much as other ppl did.

For me, I wasn't aware of the twist and my mind was blown

I haven't, didn't know Unbreakable had sequels until previews for this Glass film came about. McAvoy plays, "not all the way there" characters well.
I never saw this movie as a sequel. Just because Glass merges both of those characters doesnt = sequel or Part 3.

Is like Iron Man is not the prequel to Captain America and Avengers is not part x to those movies.

Word. Split ain’t a sequel, it just shares the same universe as Unbreakable.

Split was pretty good. Felt incomplete. The cinematography was top notch and the acting was pretty damn good also. Just wish we saw more personalities.

Back
Top Bottom