Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

@mastamind033 Yeah, I was worried when I read your post but its about expectatioms I guess. I lowered mine a bit.

The movie just has that different tone to it. That Michael Moore vibe. Plus the comedy to it.

Knowing about that time period also plays a part. I remember as well so I too was caught off guard to this approach to this serious subject matter.

Cool read on the insane amount of special effects work done in the Ballad of Buster Scruggs
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/the-ballad-of-buster-scruggs-netflix-packed-with-cgi/

Side note: these producers REALLY making that much more from Netflix than what hey would make from box office? They put a lot of damn money into this just based off SFX and actors alone.

How much longer is the Netflix model gonna be sustainable? There’s only a certain amount of monthly subscriptions you can get. At what point are they paying more than the return on their investment?

If you do the sums on Netflix it’s insane though - they have approximately 100 million subscribers paying around $10 a month.

So each month they get $1,000,000,000! That pays for a lot of content.

If you do the sums on Netflix it’s insane though - they have approximately 100 million subscribers paying around $10 a month.

So each month they get $1,000,000,000! That pays for a lot of content.

Yeah you’re right, it’s just insane to me. The simpleton in me finds it easy to compute x-amount of ticket sales equals a specific amount of money, versus content gets streamed and makes a random amount of money via monthly subscriptions.

White Boy Rick wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. The kid, the wifey, & I enjoyed it. The last half of the movie should’ve been written so much better.

Forgot how much I liked World War Z. Surprised it turned out to be a half decent movie considering how many problems it had with the script & production.

Well White Boy Rick was based off real events so probably didn't have much to work with for the ending.

Saw Holmes & Watson last week (company event). It was SO TRASH. 2/8 is generous. Don't believe me? Peep the critic and audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes. If you're expecting Step Brothers or even Talladega Nights you are in for a very very rude awakening.
:lol: I wouldn’t even watch this on red box

I just finished First Man good lord, I was bored put of my mind. I know some of you like this movie, but that joint was super slow.

The intense part where everything but and it just dragged......

Only part that I got into it was when they were spinning out of control ..... everything else was trash for me.

Just finished the big short. Saw it when it first came out but wanted to revisit it again. Very good movie and I feel it's slept on.

You'd be hard pressed to find a movie that does a worse job living up to the franchise's name than Predator (2018.) Giving it a 0/8 would be generous. I feel bad for anyone who actually paid money to see this drivel in a theater. I'm no a OG Predator fanboy, but those who have some sort of an attachment to the original film HAD to be seeing red after viewing the latest installment in the series. I'm really surprised this wasn't just a straight to DVD flick...and I'm also really surprised a studio gave the greenlight to have this actually made.

Back
Top Bottom