Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching the movie Se7en... had no idea it was on Netflix. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it.

Will try to get my roommate to watch it when he’s back from work, but, he doesn’t like old movies... :lol: We’ll see.

Watching the movie Se7en... had no idea it was on Netflix. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it.

Will try to get my roommate to watch it when he’s back from work, but, he doesn’t like old movies... :lol: We’ll see.

My girl watched it for the first time weeks ago. Wasn't a fan :smh:

Same. He said the ending was lame! He walked in after all of Gwyneth Paltrow's scene though so he wasn't as invested in the box.

anywhere I can watch the first John Wick?
I thought it used to be on HBO but I don’t see it anymore

Got back from Glass and even though the "critics" are trashing it, I actually enjoyed it. Just don't expect a Marvel/DC type movie. McAvoy, again, was fantastic and I felt he was better in this then Split when it came to switiching personalities. More smooth switching. It could have been more suspenseful and I just felt some dragging parts whenever Sarah Paulson took over.

I liked the discussion about whether their powers were real or not, but I think I wasn't compelled enough by the discussion since it seemed one sided to me with The Beast and his ability to climb walls (I can't see how that can be fake), but I would have to watch it again to see if I overlooked some things. I also appreciated the tie-ins from the first movie as well. With Bruce Willis, I felt he was going to have more of a story here, but I guess M. Night wanted to focus more on Glass/Beast dynamic. It wasn't a huge deal for me. Sam L. Jackson is solid as usual.

Now about the ending. I know everyone wants happy endings and so I can see how some people would be turned off by what they see here. I personally thought it could have been handled better. For now, this one sticks with me. It gets under your skin. Overall while having it's flaws, it has more highs than lows. Recommended.

Brexit was real good. Cumberbatch carried it beginning to end.

What it meant for the country was super grim and sad though.

6/8

Last edited:
The Upside 5/8 - Thought it was decent. Kevin Hart showed some range and I laughed a lot. I wish they would change the formula of these movies. The acts progress the same way every time. Worth checking out for a reduced price or matinee.

I thought Glass was really good, not sure what all the meh is about. McAvoy killed it, Paulsen is always great, Bruce and Sam just did their job. Liked the mythology they created, the hints at future stories, the knot tying. Wasn't elite or anything but a solid 6/8

Was gonna see this just off the title alone. Then saw the trailer, I'm still seeing it because it actually looks like it could be good.

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot

Was going to see this off the title alone. Then I saw the trailer, I'm still seeing it because it looks like it could actually be good.

I thought Glass was really good, not sure what all the meh is about. McAvoy killed it, Paulsen is always great, Bruce and Sam just did their job. Liked the mythology they created, the hints at future stories, the knot tying. Wasn't elite or anything but a solid 6/8
No future in this series, bombed with reviews, guy tried to piece together a series after the fact. He just isn’t that good of a writer. Lots of good ideas but can’t string together. Just watched The happening again. My god.

Bumblebee

5.5/8

A Bumblebee movie definitely should've came earlier in this series, probably after Revenge of the Fallen. The robot's literal fodder for kids; could've been brought out beyond his supplementary role in past films before this one. Plus, the robot obviously could be made to be enjoyed by adults alike, like it was here.

What's with the light allusions to Bee communicating by songs on the radio? This is a Bumblebee movie. Not nearly enough classic rock from the 1970s (or just some bangers from any decade) as a way for Bee to communicate. I mean you have an entire film to flesh this out now, come on- that's this robot's bit, play the hits.

Hailee Steinfeld was good at times, decent throughout.

John Cena's character was hardly involved so the casting was completely underplayed and unnecessary. He did fine, it's just his character's only point seemed to be what he was able to do at the end of the movie.

Basically, as a viewer, he might as well have showed up on set on the first day of shooting and they turned to each other and said, "Cena's willing to be in this movie, and we do need another name..."

The runtime on this film, just under two hours, was perfect. Really wish more high-budget action movies would do the same.

Last edited:
Brexit was real good. Cumberbatch carried it beginning to end.

What it meant for the country was super grim and sad though.

6/8
I think aside from Daniel Day Lewis, Cumberbatch might be the finest actor out there. I’m still in awe of his performance in the mini series Patrick Melrose. There are some big scenes with great monologues from him but it’s really all the subtleties of his performance that made it such a virtuoso performance...

Back
Top Bottom