Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Seems like the CGI has been touched up, still rough in certain areas.

Specifically the scenes of him going out to the cave.

Joker trailer looks dark as hell. Same concept as Rob Zombie taking Halloween and trying to show the depths of Michael Myers.

I just don't know how many times you can recycle the same character over and over before enough is enough.

The over saturation of remakes/reimaginings, superheros and sequels irks me to no end.

"Mary Queen of Scots," (4.8/8):
As a history buff, I enjoyed the film for what it was. Unspectacular really. No crazy battle scene because true to the historical nature, both sides seemed to chase each other around Scotland without ever fully engaging in large-scale combat. Margot Robbie with pox was a sight to behold. Josie Rourke did what she could to establish the complicated rivalry between Mary and Elizabeth I. Adrian Lester played a believable Lord Randolph as ambassador to Scotland. Gemma Chan is bae. David went out like the 'Red Wedding.' Darnley a drunken clown, B. Puppet to his father and the rest of the Scottish court.

What would y'all recommend from below options? Looking to catch a flick or two tonight after dinner.

"Captain Marvel"
"Aquaman"
"Venom"
"Widows"

Good lookin' out, titang545 titang545 & shotimesheff shotimesheff . Ended up going through my old DVDs and finding "Troy." I irrationally love that movie. When Brad Pitt hits lil' man with, 'That's why no one will remember your name.' Hector having to be the older brother that looks out for Paris finding trouble. Anyone with younger siblings knows that feeling and responsibility.

Gonna do "Venom" and/or "Widows" tomorrow night, since you both went that direction.

I share that irrational love of Troy, too :lol:

It was one of my favorite movies growing up.

The fight choreography they used for Achilles was amazing to me at the time. They really made him look like a god amongst men.

Plus, it has one of the few rare times that Sean Bean doesn’t die on screen :pimp:

What would y'all recommend from below options? Looking to catch a flick or two tonight after dinner.

"Captain Marvel"
"Aquaman"
"Venom"
"Widows"
Widows.

Best movie of what you listed.

Catch Aquaman last unless you're really in to cgi.

Last edited:
I share that irrational love of Troy, too :lol:

It was one of my favorite movies growing up.

The fight choreography they used for Achilles was amazing to me at the time. They really made him look like a god amongst men.

Plus, it has one of the few rare times that Sean Bean doesn’t die on screen :pimp:
My man :nthat:. When the flick first dropped, we used to yell out dumb stuff in HS like, 'For Troy!' Wolfgang Petersen really made Pitt a savage warrior in the film. The way Achilles had no fear and fought seemingly effortlessly. I'm not rockin' with that lowly 54% on RT.

I love Troy. Love it. LOVE it.

But **** man.

You're whole ****in army behind a wall. One, single, lonely, psychopath, ninja dude strolls up and you risk your own prince?

Dude shoulda caught the Jet Li Hero fade. :smh:

Honor is stupid when you die stupidly.

Dumbo 4.5/8 - The writing was extremely corny. Colin Farrell is garbage in this. I did like the pink elephants scene and the first time Dumbo flys. I can't think of a live action Disney remake I've enjoyed.

g8pjJCQR2r9C9Oyn5Rk1bg_qK1gtenWhn8o6dg6GCbI.jpg

Pet Sematary was booty. :smh:

I liked maybe 2-3 small details, everything else was a waste of time. Watch the OG for the 50th time, you'd be spending your two hours better.

Damn I thought this wasn’t out for a couple months. Sheesh, it looked scary from the previews

First time at the theatre in a while. Saw “Hotel Mumbai.” 5.6/8. Will update with detailed review.

Edit:
I knew a bit of the bitter history between India and Pakistan from my college roommate. He had family from Kashmir, a heavily contested piece of land. North of India, east of Pakistan.

Also like my history so went into the film with a base knowledge of the horrific coordinated Mumbai attacks in 2008. Damn shame the head perpetrators have ultimately been unaccounted for and these vile masterminds have not paid their pounds of flesh.

Dev Patel will forever be known for his career-defining role in "Slumdog Millionaire," but he does a good job in this movie also. A man driven by family. Married with young daughter, another baby on the way. Anthony Maras touches on racism and discrimination during the Chambers Room scene. A white woman unnerved by the ongoing tragedy lashes out against Dev's character. Citing fear of his turban and beard. He quells her concerns by showing her photos of his growing family. Even offering to remove his turban to appease her, only after explaining the significance behind wearing it in the first place and the shame it would bring his family.

Armie Hammer plays a moderate role. Drama-filled suspense as his family constantly becomes separated throughout the film. Hammer's wife is played by the stunning Nazanin Boniadi. They're traveling to Mumbai with their young baby and nanny.

Imran's character was relatable. A young man significantly influenced by the "Bull," mastermind coordinating the simultaneous attacks. He questions whether the money promised to his family will actually be delivered. While also grappling with the consequences of his actions in relations to his parents and sister during the phone call scene. Imran has trouble committing a final murder at the "Bull's" behest, but I'll refrain from naming that character to avoid spoiling.

Vasili's character brings some comic relief in an otherwise terse movie. There's plenty of action and violence for viewers that are bloodthirsty. In the hotel restaurant, Vasili is overheard by the couple 'ordering' prostitutes for the post-dinner party in his suite. He's casually sippin' on cognac in the Chambers Room while the terrorist attack is unfolding in the hotel. Shows a human side attempting to shield and protect Nazanin's character.

I also like that Maras interwove clips from the actual 2008 tragedy into the film. Gives the viewer an authentic, raw feeling jumping between the movie's action and seeing video from a decade earlier.

Last edited:
Good lookin' out, titang545 titang545 & shotimesheff shotimesheff . Ended up going through my old DVDs and finding "Troy." I irrationally love that movie. When Brad Pitt hits lil' man with, 'That's why no one will remember your name.' Hector having to be the older brother that looks out for Paris finding trouble. Anyone with younger siblings knows that feeling and responsibility.

Gonna do "Venom" and/or "Widows" tomorrow night, since you both went that direction.
Yeah I enjoyed Troy as well, at that point in time I was not an Eric Bana fan so I wanted that MOFO dead ASAP.
Dude seriously has to have it in his contract man, that and The Martian off the top he didn't die. I had seen Sean in other movies Patriot Games, but in my mind I always go back to him in Ronin. Trying to tell people about "a lil trick I learned." You want to tell me about an ambush, I ambushed you with a cup of coffee. What color is the boat dock in Hartford?

Back
Top Bottom