Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Woody Allen movies have never done much for me. There’s a couple I like, but have never loved any of his films I’ve seen. Annie Hall was ok, IMO.
Midnight in Paris might be the only one I LOVE of his filmography that I’ve seen.

C00DA084-03EE-4B5E-A9BB-E02EDB3CB704.jpeg

why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here lol
MJ going to rub a hole in Biff's head just standing still. I already know I am going to hell, but I use to die laughing at some of the old MJ Fox memes.
f79889470eb21ad536145717e7750caf.jpeg

Woody Allen movies have never done much for me. There’s a couple I like, but have never loved any of his films I’ve seen. Annie Hall was ok, IMO.

I haven’t seen most of his movies. Annie Hall is like film buff good but I’ve never met anyone casually into movies that likes it. My favorite of his that I’ve seen besides Annie Hall is Crimes and Misdemeanors. That movie is dope

Crazy Rich Asians was heaps better than I thought it would be.
I judged it from the preview.
I thought when I saw the Preview it felt a little SOLD out and Hollywood. Not sold out in an unauthentic way, but It looked to pretty. It felt like a Gary Marshall Romantic Comedy and I felt like I’d seen the Film without needing to.

After viewing and realizing I was wrong, I put it immediately on restart.
This was one of the Best films I’ve seen that I slept on from jump.

Reminded me of Slumdog Millionaire meets Leo’s Great Gatsby.

Super Proper film.

7/8

Side note: I’m definitely an Awkwafina fan.

I couldn’t see myself watching a comedy Special of hers but I definitely would if she had one.
She is dope.
Side side note: Jett looks fire.

Going to see if I can catch the first few episodes on Demand. You know how sometimes before a show premieres, they will give you the first couple of episodes a month or so early to get started( STARZ did this with Magic City and The Girlfriend Experience so it might just be a STARZ thing, we shall see)
((Yep, definitely a STARZ only thing it seems)

Last edited:
About to check out Everybody Knows on
Netflix (>D).

Looks like it’ll be a good Drama/Thriller from the synopsis. Plus, Bardem & Penelope are in it but the last time I saw these two together was that pile of **** Medellin Loving Pablo.

Last edited:
About to check out Everybody Knows on
Netflix (>D).

Looks like it’ll be a good Drama/Thriller from the synopsis. Plus, Bardem & Penelope are in it but the last time I saw these two together was that pile of **** Medellin Loving Pablo.
Everybody Knows - 5.3/8

Started off really well. I love foreign films set in Latin countries like Spain because the way life is usually depicted in those countries on film is so lively and romanticized. This movie especially embodies that in the first act with the Spanish wedding.

The execution of the kidnapping, direction wise, was amazingly done. To go from all the joy being felt on screen to suddenly realize what’s happening as it unfolds for the characters was masterful storytelling.

Then from there, the movie takes a slow and long descent downward. The acting was brilliant throughout but once the daughter is taken, the story becomes about the character’s histories with each other and their egos. Seriously, I’ve never seen a kidnapping movie where the story revolved more around grudges than the kidnapee. Felt at certain points like damn, do y’all NOT care about what happens to her? :lol:

Reveals were meh. Character motivations were, too. Resolution and ending were underwhelmingly melodramatic.

Last edited:
Do movies now, comedies especially, have the same cultural impact as they did in the 1990s, give or take a decade? I'm watching Friday, and as culture/TV critics say, there's just not a budget to make these types of films anymore.

Do movies now, comedies especially, have the same cultural impact as they did in the 1990s, give or take a decade? I'm watching Friday, and as culture/TV critics say, there's just not a budget to make these types of films anymore.

I was actually thinking something similar recently. Feels like there hasn’t been an iconic, super quotable comedic movie for a long time. Not sure there’s been any in the 2010s.

True. I was categorizing those their era moreso as early-mid 00’s but I forgot about Step Bros. That was a later gem.

Honestly, the last LOL comedy was The Hangover to me. I don’t remember one since then that had me crying like the first time I saw that one. Others had it’s moments but that was the last GREAT comedy I remember.

Yeah, the last great string of comedies was mid-late 2000’s during that Rogan/Apatow era.
This

Yep, along with Will Farrell and Vince Vaughn flicks like Old School, Wedding Crashers, Step Bros, etc.

And this.

Stiller, Rogan/Apatow, Ferrell, and the last of the great SNL members to make movies. Last good run of comedies ended in like 2011 ish. It’s funny I was just watching Macgruber last night thinking they wouldn’t make a movie like this now. Or if they did it would be a Netflix original.

For instance, look at the smash hit Bridesmaids. GREAT comedy. Box office success. SNL celebrities galore. The perfect recipe.

The 2019 version of that movie in was the Netflix film Wine Country. Which was awful and didn’t have the same feel.

Any of you brehs into rom-coms? :nerd:

About Time might be one of my favorite ones. Charming setting, fun story, nice pacing, clever dialogue, good acting, Margot Robbie and Rachel McAdams.

One of those movies I can always play in the background.

The “goodbye” scene between the dad & son is a feels trip if I’ve ever seen one.

Into good rom-coms/good movies. Haven't seen About Time.

Are the new Black Mirror episodes any good?

Which Fast and Furious movies are worth watching? Or do I have to watch all of them for the story? Last one I saw was Tokyo Drift.

Back
Top Bottom