Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm into romantic comedies. The last one I saw was Always Be My Maybe :lol:. That was ok, only.

I don’t know if it counts as a Rom-Com because the story centers around a break-up, but I watched Someone Great on Netflix, mainly because I have a crush on Brittany Snow from Pitch Perfect movies. It was decent, not great.

Good chemistry between the 3 lead actresses and few laughs here and there, but I got bored at times. Think I may have fast forwarded through parts of the last half hour. 4.5/8

^^^ The only reason I’d give for going past 5 is to see how they continue to ramp up the absurdity level with the action sequences...

Did they do an underwater car chase yet? I can’t remember...

Yeah, the last great string of comedies was mid-late 2000’s during that Rogan/Apatow era.
There's been a few sprinkled in but they're usually compared to something else like how Booksmart (worth seeing) is a lot like Superbad. Rogen is still killing it too me. This is The End. Neighbors. The Interview. Long Shot. Sausage Party.

The Interview and Neighbors were very good, I'll allow them :lol:

FF 1-8 are necessary if you're going to understand the "crew's" relationship dynamics and why the storyline goes where it goes in a particular movie.

AD1CAACC-3267-46D6-996B-D5672804A030.jpeg

I guess it's a romcom but I watched About Time for the time travel sci-fi bent.

I still find it funny Rachel McAdams is the go to for the wife of time travellers. Time Traveler's Wife came out in like a year if each other :lol:

Into good rom-coms/good movies. Haven't seen About Time.

Are the new Black Mirror episodes any good?
No.
Which Fast and Furious movies are worth watching? Or do I have to watch all of them for the story? Last one I saw was Tokyo Drift.
None of them
new black mirror worth checking out or nah?
Nah.

I’m going to have to revisit Wall-E.

I don’t think I’ve seen it since around it’s release and at the time I felt it dragged.

What’s your guys Wes Anderson top 3 :nerd:

1. Grand Budapest
2. Moonrise Kingdom
3. Darjeeling Limited

Disclaimer: Haven’t seen Life Aquatic or his first 2 films.

I’m going to have to revisit Wall-E.

I don’t think I’ve seen it since around it’s release and at the time I felt it dragged.

What’s your guys Wes Anderson top 3 :nerd:

1. Grand Budapest
2. Moonrise Kingdom
3. Darjeeling Limited

Disclaimer: Haven’t seen Life Aquatic or his first 2 films.

That’s my top 3. And Fantastic Mr. Fox is a strooooooong 4.

Movie still plays today. Watch it any time I see it.

Had a ton of editing issues, but still really good and all the leads were perfect.

Fully agree. Movie gets me hype, as all Keanu action flicks do. Point Break is my number 1.
“You ever shot your gun in the air whilst going ahhhhhhhrghh??”
B0043FED-E97A-449D-A339-A54C68F811DF.gif

Movie still plays today. Watch it any time I see it.

Had a ton of editing issues, but still really good and all the leads were perfect.

The entire premise is ridiculous, but the film never gives us any time to think about it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom