Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

For my first Utility pick... one of the greatest movies (not just animated) of all-time:

1573180653517.png

Even if you don't like anime you NEED to watch this movie. It's ******* phenomenal.

Spirited Away.

just saw this in theaters last week. Great film but to be honest, I liked Howls Moving Castle a lot more. a little harder hitting of a social commentary And I liked the animation a lil more.

just saw this in theaters last week. Great film but to be honest, I liked Howls Moving Castle a lot more. a little harder hitting of a social commentary And I liked the animation a lil more.

Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the Studio Ghibli flicks. I was bouncing between three of them with that pick and wouldn't have been upset taking any of em.

Continuing on in my journey of drafting films that most of the judges havent seen, I have to give a shoutout to Anime cinema for my last pick

millennium-actress-md-web.jpg

MILLENIUM ACTRESS - Utility

6l0Mix.gif

tumblr_p95ia6TaYr1v1hotuo3_500.gifv

Satoshi Kon's epic tribute to the history of Japanese cinema and best work in his tragically short career.

Here's a great video from Every Frame a Painting on his genius

Before I go, I'm moving Akira to Horror and Oldboy to Thriller.

For my last pick in Comics, I choose a graphic novel adaptation that reminds us all that Death is the Road to Awe.

30e6e7cc-fb23-4204-8e51-09f47d1a57cd.gif

The Fountain by Darren Aronofsky
36e65f5e-c460-4049-8202-1593e6683854.gif
fb1a411f-39b2-4b77-8da6-53e8814a0d73.gif

These draft have been a blast, and I couldn't have thought or a better place of cast of characters to do it with 🙏🏿

The O-Neg Administration presents:
Sports: Creed
Drama: Do the Right Thing
Comedy: Coming to America
Horror: AKIRA
Thriller: Oldboy
Crime: Training Day
Sci-Fi: The Matrix
Action: Seven Samurai
Western: There Will Be Blood
Comics: The Fountain
Utility: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Utility: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

You're up big j 33 big j 33

Thank you C CP1708 for holding this space

Last edited:
Damn NT being down really set this draft back :lol:

Before any next draft, a lot of yall need to watch some classic westerns. If not might as well omit the category from future drafts. Like less than 12 get made every decade now. Not like it's heyday.

Depends how fast you can cycle through the classic Nic Cage films, I guess.

We need a "Nicholas Cage" category. We need to extend this draft one more round. Everyone drafts one CageGod movie. He's got more than enough films that we can do this.
Lets do it :lol: :pimp:

I was seriously considering Face/Off for action.

Before I go, I'm moving Akira to Horror and Oldboy to Thriller.

For my last pick in Comics, I choose a graphic novel adaptation that reminds us all that Death is the Road to Awe.

30e6e7cc-fb23-4204-8e51-09f47d1a57cd.gif

The Fountain by Darren Aronofsky
36e65f5e-c460-4049-8202-1593e6683854.gif
fb1a411f-39b2-4b77-8da6-53e8814a0d73.gif

These draft have been a blast, and I couldn't have thought or a better place of cast of characters to do it with 🙏🏿

The O-Neg Administration presents:
Sports: Creed
Drama: Do the Right Thing
Comedy: Coming to America
Horror: AKIRA
Thriller: Oldboy
Crime: Training Day
Sci-Fi: The Matrix
Action: Seven Samurai
Western: There Will Be Blood
Comics: The Fountain
Utility: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Utility: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

You're up big j 33 big j 33

Thank you C CP1708 for holding this space
Interesting since The Fountain was a script first, got shut down and so Darren made it a graphic novel. Then later got to make the movie with a smaller budget.

Last edited:
Damn NT being down really set this draft back :lol:

Before any next draft, a lot of yall need to watch some classic westerns. If not kight as well omit the category from future drafts. Like less than 12 get made every decade now. Not like it's heyday.

Lets do it :lol: :pimp:

I was seriously considering Face/Off for action.

Interesting since The Fountain was a script first, got shut down and so Darren made it a graphic novel. Then later got to make the movie with a smaller budget.

I could tell Westerns were going to slip after a few rounds so I knew by my last pick something great would be there.
Outlaw Josey Wales :smokin

The director, John Woo, is the god of the gunfights. I was thinking of one or two of his other movies for action too.
I was actually even more seriously considering The Killer for crime or action.

And after a while next to action it just said Jackie Chan :lol: Just could not settle on what was the best Jackie movie. Then No realized Rambo wasn't taken and went with that.

Then after I thought of another movie and wanted to change my mind but have decided not to since then.

Last edited:
I was actually even more seriously considering The Killer for crime or action.

And after a while next to action it just said Jackie Chan :lol: Just could not settle on what was the best Jackie movie. Then No realized Rambo wasn't taken and went with that.

Then after I thought of another movie and wanted to change my mind but have decided not to since then.

Jackie for me would have been Police Story 1 or Drunken Master 2

Back
Top Bottom