Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Serenity wasnt terrible to me. Sure the plot twist and ending are dumb but if you just ignore the obvious holes it's an enjoyable movie at the least.

Read about this being dumb since I always check for MM.

Something about a twist ending where it was all a video game is what I can recall :lol:

I don't want to spoil it in case anyone here still cares to watch it but...yeah... :lol:
It tried very hard to be hard hitting and heavy but my friends and I ended up laughing and ripping it most the time. Just really poor execution with half thought out ideas. Plus after the movie ends and you consider what happens during the movie and what you learn what the twist is it it gets very unsettling/confusing why some scenes happen in the movie.

Finished Ladybird. Very solid movie. Think it’s a little hyped but definitely some moments that hit hard.
About 30 mins into Florida Project right now. These kid actors are great.

Dude, I tried to give Space Force another go today after watching the pilot episode yesterday. It's so bad, friends. I don't know what John Malkovich was thinking because he sticks out like a diamond in the rough on this one.

Dude, I tried to give Space Force another go today after watching the pilot episode yesterday. It's so bad, friends. I don't know what John Malkovich was thinking because he sticks out like a diamond in the rough on this one.
Theres much more misses than hits. I think it gets better, but, not by much. Barely. Some of the episodes. Theres some moments. I think I have 2 episodes left before I finish the season, but I'm in no rush.

So I finished all the seasons of Community yesterday. I think seasons 1 - 3 were really strong. The 4th and 5th seasons were just ok to me. I think they were adjusting to casting changes and some of the new characters and storylines they came up with didn’t work that well.

They finished strong (for the most part) with season 6 though. I felt it was more consistentlu funny than the prior two season.

Glad I checked the whole series out.

Yeah I was nodding off because it was late. I'm about half way through. Enjoying it so far. I wanted to slap that little girl's whole face off. And her mom actually :lol:

Florida is interesting.

Man the mom :smh: :lol:
It moves slow but the second half it definitely picks up/things start to happen. Ending had me tearing up :lol:

The Florida Project was definitely a good watch. The Mom was a terrible human being, Mooney was a wild kid but growing up in those conditions didn't help either.

Has anyone seen Tangerine? Saw it has same director as Florida Project and have been meaning to check it out for a minute.

So I finished all the seasons of Community yesterday. I think seasons 1 - 3 were really strong. The 4th and 5th seasons were just ok to me. I think they were adjusting to casting changes and some of the new characters and storylines they came up with didn’t work that well.

They finished strong (for the most part) with season 6 though. I felt it was more consistentlu funny than the prior two season.

Glad I checked the whole series out.
Season 4 was when creator Dan Harmon left the series due to the issues with Chevy Chase. He then returned for the remaining seasons.

Added supporting cast was good, but without Donald Glover, I felt the show was missing a lot.

I'm still working through Season 5. Took a break to binge Last Kingdom lol.

The Florida Project was definitely a good watch. The Mom was a terrible human being, Mooney was a wild kid but growing up in those conditions didn't help either.

Has anyone seen Tangerine? Saw it has same director as Florida Project and have been meaning to check it out for a minute.

The mom was awful but there will still times when I got sympathetic somehow :lol: I used to live next to a mom and son in a very similar situation and their story played out very similarly to Mooney and Halley's so that's prob why it hit close to home for me.

I'm gonna be checking Tangerine out this weekend. Will report back when I do.

Back
Top Bottom