Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ :lol: I’m pretty sure the chart is referring to the OG Star Wars trilogy. Two being rated the highest is the giveaway. No way anyone would rate the 2 film among Eps 1-3 or 7-9 as the best.

Also, am I the only one who doesn’t think Blade: Trinity sucks? It wasn’t great, or as good as the prior two, but it was entertaining enough.

Die Hard is wrong since Die Hard with A Vengeance is the best Die Hard. Saying 2 is better is just ignorant.

Godfather 3 is that bad. Its not really a part of the trilogy. Got like one classic line but thats negated by an unnecessary incest plot.

BTTF is off. 2 better than the OG. SW off imo. ANH is not that good.

Most accurate ones are Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones.

I agree with all of this except I haven’t seen Godfather 3.

If we’re going by year they were released......

Silence of the Lambs (1991), Hannibal (2001), Red Dragon (2002), I would say that the trilogy meter for those would match Indian Jones up there. Red Dragon prolly a tick higher.

The only good thing about Godfather 3 is this gif
sYE8IGC.gif

giphy.gif

Anyone watch The Vow? I was dozing off after watching something else and it came on. Caught bits and pieces but it seemed potentially fascinating.

Anyone watch The Vow? I was dozing off after watching something else and it came on. Caught bits and pieces but it seemed potentially fascinating.
Didn't give it much of a chance. Got as far as the girl explaining how she paid to get in at the beginning. Ended up deleting to make space.

There are 9 Star Wars. I love Star Wars. That's not a knock. I think it's the greatest saga of all time, by a couple parsecs. It's 9 episodes, though. "But there was the first trilogy, and then the worthless trilogy, then the new 3." Yes, I know. Very much aware. So that's 9. If we wanted to judge them by 3 trilogies, and we saw 3 Star Wars trilogies on this graphic, I'd be down with that more than I would be down with saying that IV, V, and VI stand alone as 'Star Wars Trilogy', to be judged with other true trilogies.

That's first off. Second, which is more of the same...

Batman trilogy logically assumes Nolan. So Chris O'Donnell didn't happen? I'd love to pretend, but, nah.

Third, same thing w/ the Alien saga, and Die Hard, and Indiana Jones, and Rocky, Rambo, XMen...

... hell, there are hardly any trilogies on there.

Has the definition of trilogy changed? It's still just 3, right?

-foe

Just going by that pic I assumed Batman was the first three Batman movies.

If it was Nolan I feel it would've said Dark Knight trilogy.

Its trilogy as in 3 movies telling an overall story. Doesn't mean there weren't more movies though. A good example for one not being there is the Harry Potter movies cuz thats like 8 or 9 movies.

Star Wars fits given what it covers.

All those movies listed fit except Terminator.

Last edited:
There are 9 Star Wars. I love Star Wars. That's not a knock. I think it's the greatest saga of all time, by a couple parsecs. It's 9 episodes, though. "But there was the first trilogy, and then the worthless trilogy, then the new 3." Yes, I know. Very much aware. So that's 9. If we wanted to judge them by 3 trilogies, and we saw 3 Star Wars trilogies on this graphic, I'd be down with that more than I would be down with saying that IV, V, and VI stand alone as 'Star Wars Trilogy', to be judged with other true trilogies.

That's first off. Second, which is more of the same...

Batman trilogy logically assumes Nolan. So Chris O'Donnell didn't happen? I'd love to pretend, but, nah.

Third, same thing w/ the Alien saga, and Die Hard, and Indiana Jones, and Rocky, Rambo, XMen...

... hell, there are hardly any trilogies on there.

Has the definition of trilogy changed? It's still just 3, right?

-foe

I just assumed that whoever made it, just picked the best sequential 3 out of a franchise and called it “Trilogy”

I agree though, it’s a pretty random list and doesn’t seem to have strict rules. Where’s the Sunrise-Sunset trilogy? Mighty Ducks? If we’re not counting how many were made, how come no F&F or Toy Story? Dude probably uses a /10 rating scale :rolleyes

Now when you say re-editing, do you mean...

🤣🤷‍♂️

-foe
Coppola:
“For this version of the finale, I created a new beginning and ending, and rearranged some scenes, shots and music cues. With these changes and the restored footage and sound, to me, it is a more appropriate conclusion to ‘The Godfather’ and ‘The Godfather: Part II’ and I’m thankful to Jim Gianopulos and Paramount for allowing me to revisit it.”

So news scenes as well as new arrangements of some scenes and more importantly a new ending

000CA571-0187-4439-9EDA-B23413F4AC8F.jpeg

Couple thoughts:
Karate kid/Lethal weapon are missing.

BTTF 2 should be on the same level as 1.

Alien 3 is NOT that bad. Fincher did well considering his fight with studio execs

is Godfather 3 really that bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which Star Wars Episodes is it? Because I’d smack the **** outta the director(s) of 8 & 9.

edit:
You what? 7 too, it was a complete waste of character building. **** that movie too. Kylo looked nothing like Han & Leía.

Back
Top Bottom