Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Please let it be better than Life or Cloverfield: Space was. But it's Netflix so no hope there. Toni with her natural accent is a nice change up though.

One of the only Coen Brothers movies I haven’t seen. Who’s actually singing on Clooney’s part? That can’t be him.
George Clooney practiced his singing for weeks, but in the end his singing voice was dubbed by country blues singer Dan Tyminski.

and as the movie was loosely inspired by Homer's Odyssey they decided to throw in some more folklore by having the guitar player in that scene Robert Johnson. considered the first rock n roll star who sold his soul to the devil

648BF59B-E5D6-49DE-8B72-C804EE172E80.jpeg

(adds to ‘to watch’ list)

Asked my friend about this and he said it's nothing like Hereditary, more in the vein of something like The Bye Bye Man but a little better. He said it's nothing groundbreaking but worth a watch.

Reactions: sb
finally got around to wathcing Midsommar. didn't someone in here nuke the movie to death? :lol: anyways amazing film visually. a rare daytime horror. there's a balance between the movie is long because its building tension and story telling etc. etc. and the movie is long because its just long. Midsommar hit the balance 40/60 of being just for the sake of it. I don't get the hype about it. as one who has done drugs in foreign countries I get the characters' sentiments.

5.5/8

also this lol
1616715002564.png

Back
Top Bottom