Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1617242982703.png

This joint crazy. Like insane gore violence given context. Its like we went from old man action hero to preteen mass murderer thrillers. Only gave it a look cuz of Kevin James.

This is not a typical Kevin James movie.

Godzilla vs. Kong 4.9/8 - You don't watch these for the plot but I couldn't help laughing out loud a few times. Some interesting casting choices that don't add much. Big well shot monster fights.

Also, started watching ZeroZeroZero on Amazon and I'm hooked.

Minari - 7/8

I will admit this rating is a lil biased as a Korean-American who grew up in a smaller town so I related to a lot in this but it was a really well done film. Yeun was good but Alan and Youn as the son and grandmother stole the show.

This is what happens anytime a movie’s crazy successful now unless a director’s against it like Nolan or whatever
And that it’s an original idea. Studios don’t want to risk big money on a new idea. Sequels, prequels of old one off goat movies?? Sure. Superhero flicks? You betcha.

Got 20 minutes into the first episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and realized the gap in my MCU movies seen needed to be figured out or else I would be lost and not find the series enjoyable at all.

So I watched Captain America: Civil War for the first time, I think it’s the only movie from the major MCU releases I hadn’t seen...

I gotta say, after knowing how all of them banded together in the movies that came after, going back and watching that for the first time made their whole fight scene at the airport seem pretty dumb. :lol:

Captain went from defending his position on the Sokovia Accords to defending Bucky mostly. :lol:

Seeing Vision and Wanda take different sides, and the actual missile tragedy with the UN and BP’s father... should’ve seen this much earlier for context on future movie’s plot points :smh:

6/8

Last edited:
Sort of movie related, was driving just now and a motorcycle pulled up along side me. The Predator was driving. Or a guy with a helmet that looked like the Predator, complete with the braid things. I was shook a little at first glance :lol:

Back
Top Bottom