Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The $6 ones: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=Movies_Sale_on_Select_Bluray_20110612&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&qp=&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=25&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1306472401&iht=n_DARGS=%2Fsite%2Fen_US%2Fsearch%2Ffragments%2Fincludes%2Folssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults

RfaD and The Descent.
pimp.gif

I bet The Descent is pretty incredible on Blu-ray.

Damn The Descent was awesome and I am not that much of a fan of horror movies...I remember seeing it only bc Talladega Nights was sold out that night
laugh.gif

Damn The Descent was awesome and I am not that much of a fan of horror movies...I remember seeing it only bc Talladega Nights was sold out that night
laugh.gif

CP, that Scream direction is awesome.

It would be strange to actually know who the killer is, though. If they would have went through with killing Neve, you know there would be another Ghostface chasing after the "new" one (Emma).
laugh.gif

CP, that Scream direction is awesome.

It would be strange to actually know who the killer is, though. If they would have went through with killing Neve, you know there would be another Ghostface chasing after the "new" one (Emma).
laugh.gif

the Town was an average bank robber movie. i'm not sure what you guys are seeing in that one

the Town was an average bank robber movie. i'm not sure what you guys are seeing in that one

Originally Posted by Noskey

Best Buy's having a great sale on Blu Rays. 
laugh.gif
Maaaan in the last couple of weeks I've bought Midnight Cowboy, BTTF Trilogy, True Grit, both Kill Bills, Gangs of New York... But BB and Target this week have so many good deals... Ugh.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Best Buy's having a great sale on Blu Rays. 
laugh.gif
Maaaan in the last couple of weeks I've bought Midnight Cowboy, BTTF Trilogy, True Grit, both Kill Bills, Gangs of New York... But BB and Target this week have so many good deals... Ugh.

Originally Posted by DubA169

indifferent.gif

That's the twist I would have liked to have seen Kev.  Knowing who the OG killer was, and yet also being the victim would have been a fantastic angle to go with.  New, fresh, younger lead, everything.  Hell, in sequels in the theatre we'd be hearing people yellin at the screen as she runs from some ghostface, "Kill the @#$%^, she's killed Sydney!" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Would have been fantastic.  And hell, to wrap it up, I woulda went Gale finding out the truth, and going Ghostface in Scream 6 to finish the job once and for all. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  And then writin a book on that, "I killed the killer that killed the hero, so now I am the killer hero" 
roll.gif
Stab 17, coming soon. 
laugh.gif

Dub, 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

That's the twist I would have liked to have seen Kev.  Knowing who the OG killer was, and yet also being the victim would have been a fantastic angle to go with.  New, fresh, younger lead, everything.  Hell, in sequels in the theatre we'd be hearing people yellin at the screen as she runs from some ghostface, "Kill the @#$%^, she's killed Sydney!" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Would have been fantastic.  And hell, to wrap it up, I woulda went Gale finding out the truth, and going Ghostface in Scream 6 to finish the job once and for all. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  And then writin a book on that, "I killed the killer that killed the hero, so now I am the killer hero" 
roll.gif
Stab 17, coming soon. 
laugh.gif

Dub, 
indifferent.gif

the shootouts were good. average doesn't mean bad. everyone did a good job acting except Ben. didn't bring anything new to the genre

for example dead presidents is a much better movie.

the shootouts were good. average doesn't mean bad. everyone did a good job acting except Ben. didn't bring anything new to the genre

for example dead presidents is a much better movie.

I kinda agree...average...isn't fair though. It's shot and acted like an Academy level movie. It's somewhere in between. If the writing and plot were better...
And I randomly got pulled into seeing Hangover 2 last night. Not that bad. People had me expecting The Goods. Bangkok was kinda a mistake though. They kept acting like it meant something big that it was Bangkok, but no ones cared since the 90s. Thailand means Thai food now. I couldn't breathe at the strip club though. 
laugh.gif

I kinda agree...average...isn't fair though. It's shot and acted like an Academy level movie. It's somewhere in between. If the writing and plot were better...
And I randomly got pulled into seeing Hangover 2 last night. Not that bad. People had me expecting The Goods. Bangkok was kinda a mistake though. They kept acting like it meant something big that it was Bangkok, but no ones cared since the 90s. Thailand means Thai food now. I couldn't breathe at the strip club though. 
laugh.gif

So my job just told me that I have to take 2 weeks off over the next month or two.  Guess I will be able to start makin a damn dent on the 30+ movies I have listed to get too. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looks like I may be getting a chance to see Super 8 this week as well, ya'll got me curious on it now. 

Road to Perdition.  Anyone like that?  I never sat down and watched it, nobody has ever told me a word about it, it's like I don't know anyone who's ever even seen it.  I got it on DVR last night so I can get to it when I get a moment, is it worth the wait? 
nerd.gif
  Oh, and how the hell is this based off a comic book?  Huh? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

So my job just told me that I have to take 2 weeks off over the next month or two.  Guess I will be able to start makin a damn dent on the 30+ movies I have listed to get too. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looks like I may be getting a chance to see Super 8 this week as well, ya'll got me curious on it now. 

Road to Perdition.  Anyone like that?  I never sat down and watched it, nobody has ever told me a word about it, it's like I don't know anyone who's ever even seen it.  I got it on DVR last night so I can get to it when I get a moment, is it worth the wait? 
nerd.gif
  Oh, and how the hell is this based off a comic book?  Huh? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I watched The Adjustment Bureau last night. Not bad at all. Had me thinking about free will vs predestination.

I watched The Adjustment Bureau last night. Not bad at all. Had me thinking about free will vs predestination.

Perdition is a good flick, nothin great but you got Hanks and Paul F'n Newman. I thought it was pretty solid.

CP If you got plenty of time (after your grip of flicks you already got on your list) you should just do the Paul Newman movie marathon sometime, one of the GOATs. 
pimp.gif

Perdition is a good flick, nothin great but you got Hanks and Paul F'n Newman. I thought it was pretty solid.

CP If you got plenty of time (after your grip of flicks you already got on your list) you should just do the Paul Newman movie marathon sometime, one of the GOATs. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom