Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm not a fanboy.

And if I'm not mistaken, you were propping MALIGNANT last week and that movie was absolute trash and had people checking out 5 minutes in, don't slam Craig's final Bond and then dip in with that nonsense like it's kosher. :smh: :lol:
Dont slander Malignant.

Is Halloween III: Season of the Witch, the one without Michael Myers, worth watching?

Is Halloween III: Season of the Witch, the one without Michael Myers, worth watching?
I’m not really an expert on Halloween, so maybe someone on here can help you better but: IIRC, I think I remember reading that Halloween III, while
a not so good Halloween film, would have worked fairly well as a standalone film.

I’m not really an expert on Halloween, so maybe someone on here can help you better but: IIRC, I think I remember reading that Halloween III, while
a not so good Halloween film, would have worked fairly well as a standalone film.
I heard this too, plus after seeing Halloween Kills and being underwhelmed I might just check this one out. Also heard the Halloween series was intended to be standalone films with different killers and/or events happening on Halloween night.

Heh.....that's interesting......different killers around the world (or big city I suppose) vs Michael Meyers lasting 40+ years without ever eating, using a restroom, somehow knows how to drive, been shot, stabbed, lit on fire, ran over, and keeps on goin like the energizer bunny....... :lol:

I like the multi killer angle. That woulda been cool.

Yeah, I read that John Carpenter evnisioned it orginally as an anthology series. That's why there is one "Halloween" film that Michael Myers isn't in; Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. But it tanked at the box office, so the studio execs insisted they bring Mikey back for the next one. And they stuck with that formula ever after.

Heh.....that's interesting......different killers around the world (or big city I suppose) vs Michael Meyers lasting 40+ years without ever eating, using a restroom, somehow knows how to drive, been shot, stabbed, lit on fire, ran over, and keeps on goin like the energizer bunny....... :lol:

Demonic possession is no joke..

A144F2EF-AEE4-4914-9C04-D2296396F2F6.jpeg

Tonight’s seasonal selection.

There's a list of movies I just can't get jiggy with cuz they're partially dated and I associate them with school

The Lost Boys
The Outsiders
Rumblefish
West Side Story
Grease

Made us watch this trash and read the books.

Only Grease sort of grew on me. Way before my love of movies. Just don't get these joints. A couple early Kiefer movies and James Spader joints actually don't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Put the Jessica Alba avy back up.

There's a list if movies I just can't get jiggy with cuz they're partially dated and I associate them with school

The Lost Boys
The Outsiders
Rumblefish
West Side Story
Grease

Only Grease sort of grew on me. Way before my love of movies. Just don't get these joints. A couple early Kiefer movies and James Spader joints actually don't make sense to me.

I’m with you on all of those except Lost Boys.

There's a list of movies I just can't get jiggy with cuz they're partially dated and I associate them with school

The Lost Boys
The Outsiders
Rumblefish
West Side Story
Grease

that’s strange to me. Must be super personal. Lost boys is one of the greatest horror, if not the greatest vampire flicks of all time. Soundtrack is banging too.

#cultural ?

edit* I one thousand percent agree with you on all the others you listed though and can see your point there. Especially outsiders. It doesn’t even seem like a decent straight-to-network TV movie.

that’s strange to me. Must be super personal. Lost boys is one of the greatest horror, if not the greatest vampire flicks of all time. Soundtrack is banging too.

#cultural ?

edit* I one thousand percent agree with you on all the others you listed though and can see your point there. Especially outsiders. It doesn’t even seem like a decent straight-to-network TV movie.
Never been a fan of horror. Never liked vampires. I see a bunch of pale white ppl biting necks and drinking blood its going to take a great script and amazing acting to keep me watching.

I just disagree on the entertainment value of the movie and a bit on the quality like the rest of the movies I mentioned. Also all extremely dated.

The Lost Boys
The Outsiders
Rumblefish
West Side Story
Grease

They made you watch the Lost Boys in school? :lol:

That's actually pretty dope.

Didn't even know there was a book?

The Lost Boys
The Outsiders
Rumblefish
West Side Story
Grease

How old are you? :lol:

In elementary school I was watching Goofy Movie and James and the Giant Peach on rainy days. In high school, I only remember Rudy and Stand & Deliver.

In high school I remember watching '10 Things I Hate about You' because it's essentially a play on Shakespeare's 'Taming of the Shrew.'

In H.S., outside of film class films, we watched Glory, Of Mice And Men, and that’s all I can remember… in middle school science, Voyage of the Mimi with Lil’ Ben Affleck. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom