Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

About to watch Ghostbusters
giphy-1.gif

Last edited:
Finally watched Girl on Fire and Mockingjay I and II.
Then I watched the Hunger Games and now I’m watching Girl on Fire again.

Series is getting better with Age.
Initially liked Hunger Games but only as a 1 off.
Began watching Girl on Fire back when it came out and quit early on and never finished the Series, just wasn’t interesting to me then.
FF 5-10 years and and this Series sits well with me.
Current Climate and Pulse of the World/The state of it, COVID, things like the MetaVerse, admitting ALIENS exist and we’ve been reverse engineering and borrowing tricks/trades/skills/tech and an abundance of other knowledge from them for since way back.

Just a much better watch/Series to me now.

Ghostbusters Afterlife

Good lord. I knew the reviews were good but wasn't expecting it to be as great as it was. Movie was perfect. They did the O.G justice & much more. Also had no idea the girl from The Leftovers was going to be in it. I got a thing for her. Still can't believe movie was that good.

Word of advice...stay for the end credits.

Gozer was played by Olivia Wild? Had no idea until after😲

Ghostbusters Afterlife

Good lord. I knew the reviews were good but wasn't expecting it to be as great as it was. Movie was perfect. They did the O.G justice & much more. Also had no idea the girl from The Leftovers was going to be in it. I got a thing for her. Still can't believe movie was that good.

Word of advice...stay for the end credits.

Gozer was played by Olivia Wild? Had no idea until after😲

:lol: :rofl:

I thought EXACT same thing, but it was not Olivia. I checked IMDB multiple times.

I don't understand.

Screenshot_20211129-114906.png

Screenshot_20211129-114928.png

Why credit these but not her?

But either way, I thought exact same thing that it was Olivia. :lol:
In the finale of “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” Gozer makes its triumphant return, and the character is played by none other than Olivia Wilde. In a recent interview with TheWrap, director and co-writer Jason Reitman explained how the casting came about. “I’ve known Olivia a long time, we’ve wanted to work with each other a long time. I don’t think we expected it to be in this format,” he acknowledged.

Reitman actually pitched the idea to Wilde over text. “I reached out to her like, ‘Hey, you wanna be Gozer?’ I just texted her, and she was down from the word ‘go’.” The filmmaker also noted what a trooper Wilde was, because the demands of a makeup-intense role with so little screentime were intense. “It’s not a fun day because you have to show up at the crack of dawn and be covered in prosthetics and makeup and have weird contact lenses put in your eyes,” Reitman explained. “It’s a beast of a role, but she came at it with complete joy.”

The filmmaker also added that professional dancer Emma Portner provided half of the performance of Gozer, namely anytime the character “had to do unusual body language” and explained that “the body performance of the spirit of Gozer was Portner, who is absolutely extraordinary. She’s literally one of the great dancers alive and totally cool, and did a lot of that work out there in that dirt field.”

Finally watching Venom Carnage or whatever and it's stupid as **** but I'm watching it. Woody was so goofy and weird, was he this lipless the whole time?

That said I know a lot of people hated Venom's personality but I like it. This whole thing stupid anyways, may as well enjoy something.

I swear this is some Hollywood elitist inside joke on comic book films.

Back
Top Bottom