Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

MV5BNGUzOTQwZDUtZjkxOS00YjNmLThmMWYtZjA3Y2M4MmU4Mjg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Winston Duke was :pimp: on this.

Have da keeeeeds gotten into Seinfeld since it dropped on Netflix on Oct 1st, similar to the way Friends was adopted?

Have da keeeeeds gotten into Seinfeld since it dropped on Netflix on Oct 1st, similar to the way Friends was adopted?

After Curb, no going back for me. Unless there's some absolutely must watch episodes that folks could recommend. But I've watched a few and to me it's just a PG13 Curb.

I mean you got Billy Bob and then Sam Elliot in a western. I was already sold but the story being about an ancestor from the Dutton family just makes it icing

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are also in this :lol:

I've been needing me a great western ever since Hell On Wheels ended.

Didn't know they were going to be in it, yeah you were already sold, and same, already sold on starting Yellowstone, now I gotta definitely watch it before that comes out when you have Thornton and Elliott in the verse.

The actor who plays the kicker from The Replacements, Nigel Gruff, is apparently playing Rasputin in the upcoming King’s Man movie. Legendary stickman.

5F47C720-5160-44D7-BDF6-9EDEAE363D89.gif

Got my tickets for No Way Home back in thursday. Excited for this chapter and I already know ima be pissed the **** off by people talking and yelling thru the whole damb movie.

Got my tickets for No Way Home back in thursday. Excited for this chapter and I already know ima be pissed the **** off by people talking and yelling thru the whole damb movie.
Rented out a theater with friends *****

Neither are I’s… we got 15 people and it’ll be 15 each, idk how this is lucrative for AMC considering in a normal theater selling 15 seats for 15 dollars is not filling the theater, even close to filling the theater. First time we’ve done this.

Woah that's a crazy good deal. **** man I thought you guys were shelling out thousands to buy up all the seats in a theater :lol: No wonder AMC is always walking the line of bankruptcy.

Tuesday 12/21 at 7pm… so it’s not a big night for them, but still that’s what I’d spend on a normal ticket.

Your experience with that film is not unique. Lisa’s looks definitely the best thing going for it.

Oh, this was THAT movie for Lisa Bonet :wow:

I'm a millennial so I only heard about the controversy. From that perspective, I'm sure that aspect of the movie lived up to the hype in 1987 :lol:

Has anybody watched Cmon cmon yet?

I can’t really give it a score because it’s a drama and my experience might be mainly based on my current mood, but I can say it had a PROFOUND affect on me. I’m walking out of the theater with a feeling I haven’t felt since I first watched The Matrix in the theater in 1999. I walked out of that theater feeling like it changed me. Like I saw the world differently than before I walked in.

I was in my feels the entire time. Film kinda reminded me of the movie Before Sunrise. Nothing in your face, just a real human connection that is magic on screen. Some great dialogue. Acting that just does NOT seem like acting. I’m not here to wax poetic about if this film deserves Oscar’s or the legacy of Phoenix, or how it stacks up against other black and white dramas. Just trying to explain that I had a damn experience with this movie that’ll I remember for a while.

The reaction I had is probably exactly what the director was going for. But yeah blah blah blah blah blah(little movie reference there) go see it and tell me what you guys thought.

Bill Simmons claims that people were around thinking The Blair Witch Project was real when people first saw it in July 1999

So only 22 years ago ppl though we found a camera and blasted it to movie theaters :rofl:

People definitely thought it was real and the movie was advertising as it was real. Part of the marketing was claiming the actors were missing.

I remember when Cloverfield happened in real life and those people were missing, crass AF to the fams of those people to put that into movie theaters too.

They’re not gonna put real-life footage of cult killings in theater, or people that die by a “witch in the woods” like how did we think :lol:

Never even heard of the movie. Gonna peep the trailer.

Bill Simmons claims that people were around thinking The Blair Witch Project was real when people first saw it in July 1999

So only 22 years ago ppl though we found a camera and blasted it to movie theaters :rofl:
Yeah, they really did until they saw the actual movie.

It looked very real. It was basically said to be a home video gone wrong.

Eff Bill, but he's right. People thought that.

And I hated that people thought that. HATED it. I had close friends like "Nah, we can't go in the woods. You haven't seen that Blair Witch ish have you? I'm good."
-me: "The movie? You do know that's a movie, right? Just like no one really went back in time for Back to the Future."
- friend: "Aight. You say that but you guys go ahead on your little hike. When the Blair Witch finds you..."
- me:

-friend: "Exactly. You can't say nothing because you're second guessing like what if you're wrong?"
-me: "Oh, I'm definitely second guessing things, but the plausibility of that movie being real is not one of them. I'm second guessing the intellect of my circle, bruh."

The role of 'friend' was played by millions, the role of 'me', it felt like it was played by thousands, maybe tens of thousands.

It was... frustrating. And then Y2K happened and I completely lost faith in all humanity, and I'm not sure I ever got it back. 🤣 I think that's where I became such a cynic, the Blair Witch Project followed by Y2K, people just losing all sense and sensibility.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom