Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

One of the most entertaining movies of the year.

I can see why some aren't feeling it though. I'm pretty sure a lot of people go in expecting a standard biopic/true crime thriller but Ridley Scott almost made the whole thing a total farce.

Between Lady Gaga and Jared Leto's accents and Al Pacino's overacting ("KONICHIWA!") , this was one of the funniest movies of the year too.
Definitely a lot of over the top. I agree, that's what was so entertaining about it tho.

Peeped an early screening of this over the weekend in 70mm. It's a pretty straightforward, nostalgic coming of age movie. Not really what I was expecting from PTA, but i guess he's just at that stage of his career. It'll rank near the bottom of my favorite PTA movies but still probably good enough to be top 3 of 2021.

Bradley Cooper is hilarious in this. He gets maybe 10 min of screentime and im pretty sure he'll cop some best supporting actor nominations

The guy Cooper is playing is an absolute nut job in real life.

8E9EB3FC-3DD0-4B2C-8F92-069BD967AE97.jpeg

Live In Front of a Studio Audience (Tonight on ABC)
Different Strokes & The Facts of Life

Kevin Hart
Jennifer Aniston
Gabrielle Union
John Lithgow
Daymon Wayans
Jon Stewart
Kathryn Hahn
Ann Dowd

Kevin Hart playing Arnold? :lol: :emoji_fire:

I’ve done 2 full rewatches of the sopranos and learned just today that Lady Gaga was in an episode. Anybody else know this?

I was just watching this very episode a few days back on my first watch and definitely didn't know that was her. According to IMDB she never appeared in anything else until her Just Dance music video which was a seven year gap.

I know she doesn’t give two ****s what I think but I can’t stand J-Law :lol:
J Law? Only one I can think of is Jude Law, but you said she.

I see I'm about to catch up on The Client List. I swear more women should just own it when they sexy. I don't think Jolie is sexy, exotic but not pressed over her. However she embraced that and owned it for years.

Stars have to realize you have to keep reinventing yourself until you find something that works and are most recognized for. Will Smith with rapping, acting. Initially Fresh Prince, then he start doing more and more iconic roles to get recognized and is owning it. Slipped a few times but stayed with it. On the flip you have actress like Jennifer Anniston, how many movies she done with Vince Vaughn all her roles run together it seems.

Back
Top Bottom