Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So I'm watching Heat on 4k and I don't understand how it didn't receive any nominations for the major awards in 1995. I love that movie. Pacino's high voice when he was pumped or mad was classic Pacino 😆 🤣 😂. De Niro was smooth per usual and Voight somehow looked older in that movie than he does now. Val was strong in the movie.
One of the greatest crime films ever made.

Wait a minute........I saw the clip, Hugh really is appearing in Deadpool 3?!?!?!?!?!!?!? :wow:

I thought it was just clever jokes between the two of them.

Did this drop today? 2 hr 47 mins damn but it’s NC-17 and Ana de Armas…

065DF2C8-C240-464A-8E70-39E3653FB3E2.jpeg

Those early scores for Blonde aren't great but it is Ana De Armas so might just check it out anyways lol.

First rewatch since its launch date. So why did I go all this time believing I didn’t like this one? I don’t know, but I’m sure glad I gave it a second viewing. Sometimes I think it’s good to try [almost!] everything at least twice. Is it my top ten of all-time? No way. But yeah, now I see myself understanding all the love for it back in 2010.
1664409661009.jpeg

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem is a complete breakdown of the entire goal of the Alien series that started 30 years before: Do not let these things get into Earth’s general population. What a **** movie this is. 🍿

The whole thing is in the dark with heavy rain, or inside buildings with no electricity. :lol:

Currently, roommate choice

F75D60F7-6C9F-452D-9985-76FD8A439617.jpeg

Has Charlie Sheen, Luis Guzman (who’s very good in a flawed movie), Whoopi Goldberg, Wood Harris

I mean it’s a 9/11 movie with four prominent actors, I haven’t seen that before.

First rewatch since its launch date. So why did I go all this time believing I didn’t like this one? I don’t know, but I’m sure glad I gave it a second viewing. Sometimes I think it’s good to try [almost!] everything at least twice. Is it my top ten of all-time? No way. But yeah, now I see myself understanding all the love for it back in 2010.
1664409661009.jpeg
I remember when I watched this the first time when it came out. around a few months after and this was still in the theatres and the wife and I were debating on which movies to watch. we randomly chose Inception since it didn't look that it was that interesting and believed that a few people would be watching it during those waning months it was in the theatres. was surprised to see that there were still a significant number of the audience were still watching it but atleast we got the best seats. my wife and I just got hooked into it and the concept was really fresh and entertaining. it became one of my favorite films. too bad Tenet wasn't that as interesting and was somehow all over the place compared to Inception.

1917 is a great movie. Love the continuous shot.
This is remarkable when done well.
BIRDMAN was the first time I’d ever heard of it, and it wasn’t truly one take but appeared that way(as I later found out)

There is a FILM(pretty good too) where some Teens decide to rob a bank after hitting the clubs and getting lit. It was actually shot in one long take, continuously. I think he shot it twice like that and picked the best one and released it. He didn’t chop a bunch of scenes and stitch them, dude shot the film in Insta entirety in one take. Unbelievable.

Romain Garvas is a French director that’s definitely gonna be a more commonly heard name in the next few years.

As for continuous shots… There’s a reason my favourite movie of all time is Children of Men. 36-37 shots only. But anyways I studied Russian Ark (2002) in Uni. 1 shot legit for the entire movie. Took 4 takes. Historical fiction that took place in what later I’ll admit is my favourite museum of all time having gone.

Tells the story of Russia while breaking the fourth wall

There’s another continuous shots horror movie from either Uruguay or Argentina where it’s kids/teens running away from monsters and the camera is pure Gears of War style on the kids. Been meaning to find it

Film class teach at high school showed us the Children of Men in the woods part as an example of a continuous shot :lol:

I’ve seen Rooney’s only so I can’t weigh in. That one.

Anybody seen this and is it good?

F2E187DE-B8FD-4F26-98BB-91772788965B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom