Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What y’all watching tonight?

2 firsts to get caught up.

9A898E9B-74F9-4343-838C-A13F1289791D.jpeg

And
8CEE7C12-3E44-4958-9159-1653225C2606.jpeg

Descent is free on Tubi. Henry is on paramount, Tubi, vudu, and Amazon for free.

X (2022)

I thought they were trying to distract us with the creepy old woman and guy when in fact the cameraman who saw his GF get rammed was gonna kill everyone

6/8

X (2022)

I thought they were trying to distract us with the creepy old woman and guy when in fact the cameraman who saw his GF get rammed was gonna kill everyone

6/8
Are you gonna watch the prequel "Pearl"?

Has anyone here seen it yet?

Um I was already gonna watch that and knew the same actress was in it, but didn’t know they were connected…

IMDB has her name in X as Maxine / Pearl if you go to ‘All Cast’. That’s just nuts to me because of what I believe that Pearl character is supposed to do, and how the character in X seemed like a small-town girl trying to get her way up in adult film with no killer streak.

IMDB has her name in X as Maxine / Pearl if you go to ‘All Cast’. That’s just nuts to me because of what I believe that Pearl character is supposed to do, and how the character in X seemed like a small-town girl trying to get her way up in adult film with no killer streak.

Wow. Had no idea she played both Maxine & Pearl in X. Didn't know she was the old hag :lol:. I thought they just casted her as young Pearl just cause.

So I was watching A Few Good Men in 4K and the acting talent in that film was staggering. When Kevin Bacon and Keffer Sutherland are secondary actors you know you're in for a treat. The film looks great in 4K.

Are you gonna watch the prequel "Pearl"?

Has anyone here seen it yet?

I saw Pearl in theaters a couple weeks back and was underwhelmed compared to X. I had my hopes up but this movie just didn't have the same feel as X and Mia Goth's character was lacking something. Movie was very slow moving at times and no real character development. 4.5/8

The Bad Seed is a great movie, not limiting it to a thriller/horror either. It was adapted from a stage play, which was adapted from a book; I think that's why I liked it so much. It was made in the days (1956) when theater adaptations were essentially just the play on screen (evident by the dialogue alone). Not to mention the story plays out like a good book, which happens in theater - not so much in film.

*Side note: as I get older and see more theater, I see why theater snobs exist :lol:

Today:

71j83e6WTZL.jpg

Does anyone crave watching a movie after a cup of coffee? There’s something about the beverage that inspires me to get my creative juices flowing

Does anyone crave watching a movie after a cup of coffee? There’s something about the beverage that inspires me to get my creative juices flowing
Speaking of which, can you name what movie these coffee cups were featured in?
1665517489463.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom