Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tonight:
1670224187771.jpeg

B02037AB-8E5F-4143-9519-CB06192BF7E5.gif

White Lotus (Season 2)
“Bronson, did you like seeing Mia and the manager getting it on in the hotel suite?”

Bronson
1670258107214.png

Last edited:
Life didn't do good in the box office so a chance of a sequel is bleak.

Outside chance is they get to do a sequel 10 (or more) years later and they don't really promote it as the Life sequel but just another alien/sci-fi movie on earth similar to them Cloverfield movies or sort of gow ppl didn't know Unbreakable and Split were connected.

Or you can go with the jokes the writers decided to go with after the rumors/theories and the sequel to Life was Venom.
Yea I've now read a few pieces on the FILM. I had a few questions about a few death scenes, main one being the death of SHO and what was actually happening. That scene was a bit of a mess.
I definitely didn't hear a lot of noise on this one being a banger from a BOX office standpoint and could recall that sentiment being discussed in here briefly. Giving the fans a sequel based on a money grab wasn't really what I was thinking when I say/said they'll find a way to give "the fans" a Sequel. Just a thought that Social Media platforms or something later, there always seems to be something to draw out sequels of well told stories, no matter what.
Sounds like the Director only took the project because he was told no Sequel and he loved the ending, and wouldn't be a part of it any other way.
Sounds like the Writers weren't shutting the idea of a Sequel down in the same breath they were prior to the film hitting theatres. Hearing them talk about it now....I don't feel extremely confident this is a stand alone project.

“How you feel about your family is a complicated thing. Deep down, you’ll always love them. But you can forget that you love them, and you can hurt them and they can hurt you, and that’s not just because you’re young.”

-Marley

White Lotus (Season 2)
“Bronson, did you like seeing Mia and the manager getting it on in the hotel suite?”

Bronson
1670258107214.png

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode :evil:

But real talk, that manager actress is fantastic. Does a really good job of portraying her repressed emotions with her eyes. It’s in the eyes Chico

When Mia said she was going to eat the Manager as the Manager sat there heartbroken from the Receptionist Engagement i was like "awwwww, so sweet"
Her character is like the sweetest little prozzy I've ever seen. Both of them are.
Sweethearts.

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode :evil:

But real talk, that manager actress is fantastic. Does a really good job of portraying her repressed emotions with her eyes. It’s in the eyes Chico
Bro, I love that manager. I felt so bad for her when she cancelled the birthday drink with the girl she liked. All I wanted was to see her happy 🥺

Loved seeing Mia in that feather dress. Great singing, and of course the sequence that followed. Of course my manager friend was a little apprehensive at first. Loved when she let her true feelings come through and said “there’s a suite upstairs.” I was like “YASS” ❤️

There was absolutely nothing more enjoyable than seeing Mia spoiling the manager on her Birthday. You’re a hero, Mia.

69540247-1872-4D8C-B82A-C284F0C33E74.jpeg

“Santa Claus? Afraid not. I’m just a ooor schmo that got lucky. And sue me, if I wanna give some back.”

Kicking things off officially tonight. Think I’ve knocked out 3 or 4 Christmas movies already, but it’s only official once the tree starts going up.

Finished Blow Out (1981) ... weird role for Travolta, basically a conspiracy movie with no vindicating ending. Wonder what his interest in Sound was, I have to imagine he read the role and considered how important Sound was to the part and wanted to do it. I guess he does come from the musical background. John Lithgow, don't even know if his part has an actual name aside from the nickname he gets halfway through the film.

4.5/8 ... kept me interested but ultimately second half of the movie was dread like you knew he was going to get screwed over. Effective, but didn't like the ending in terms of they had a chance despite the pressure falling down upon them. Felt like Travolta should've been in the train station watching with a disguise... should've had his radar up when his phone couldn't be reached.

Finished Blow Out (1981) ... weird role for Travolta, basically a conspiracy movie with no vindicating ending. Wonder what his interest in Sound was, I have to imagine he read the role and considered how important Sound was to the part and wanted to do it. I guess he does come from the musical background. John Lithgow, don't even know if his part has an actual name aside from the nickname he gets halfway through the film.

4.5/8 ... kept me interested but ultimately second half of the movie was dread like you knew he was going to get screwed over. Effective, but didn't like the ending in terms of they had a chance despite the pressure falling down upon them. Felt like Travolta should've been in the train station watching with a disguise... should've had his radar up when his phone couldn't be reached.
You should watch Blow Up next. I haven't seen Blow Out but I know its basically Blow Up with a sound recording instead of picture. I thought Blow Up was an extremely well made film though, and seeing as it's the original, hopefully you would enjoy that more than its remake.

RIP Kirstie Alley.

Never really got into Cheers but the Look Who's Talking movies were my joints.

Kirstie Alley gone at 71. I’ll always remember her from It Takes Two. Still haven’t gotten to the part of Cheers where she joins the cast.

Back
Top Bottom